Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2019, 03:41 PM

89 posts, read 216,477 times

Advertisements

I have recently seen strangely Arab/middle eastern women dating outside of their own which I thought was against their religion. I’ve seen a few Arab women dating black men and a few dating white men. Is this ok to do in the U.S? I guess if this were to happen in their own country then that would be a different story. I guess since it is 2019 perhaps times have changed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2019, 04:13 PM

5,517 posts, read 8,762,507 times
“...against their religion”? First off, you’re assuming I think that all Arab/Arab-American women are Muslim. But there are a good number who are Christian or Coptic. You’re also assuming most white or black men they date are non-Muslim. That’s not necessarily true, especially for black men. IIRC, African-Americans are a majority, if not a plurality, of U.S. Muslims.

So discounting religion and race, I’d guess that cross-cultural dating among Arab women has much more to do with how close Arab women and their families adhere to “old country” rules versus how assimilated they and their families end up. Which is much the same choice any immigrant family makes.

Old 03-04-2019, 05:47 PM

89 posts, read 216,477 times
Do you think their are a good number of Arabs/Middle Eastern women who would be open to dating a black man that are Christian with their parents being ok with it. If their Christian not Muslim. I understand Arab/Middle Eastern women are mixed with white and black blood in them is this true?

Old 03-05-2019, 11:41 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouristExplorer281 View Post
I have recently seen strangely Arab/middle eastern women dating outside of their own which I thought was against their religion. I’ve seen a few Arab women dating black men and a few dating white men. Is this ok to do in the U.S? I guess if this were to happen in their own country then that would be a different story. I guess since it is 2019 perhaps times have changed?
This doesn't make sense.

Not all Arabs are Muslim. (I'm assuming that's the "their religion" to which you refer since you posted in this subforum.)

There are black people who are Muslim.

There are white people who are Muslim.

There are Asian people who are Muslim.

Arab people live in different countries, and they are not all identical culturally.

It seems your knowledge of ethnicity, culture, race, and religion is limited. That's curable.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:42 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Do you think their are a good number of Arabs/Middle Eastern women who would be open to dating a black man that are Christian with their parents being ok with it. If their Christian not Muslim. I understand Arab/Middle Eastern women are mixed with white and black blood in them is this true?
If they are Arab, they are not "mixed with white and black blood in them". They are ARAB.

Old 03-05-2019, 02:27 PM

3,640 posts, read 39,493 times
Quote:
Do you think their are a good number of Arabs/Middle Eastern women who would be open to dating a black man that are Christian with their parents being ok with it.
Yes, many, who are Christian Arab/Middle Eastern women.

Quote:
If their Christian not Muslim.
Yes, if they are Christian not Muslim.

Quote:
I understand Arab/Middle Eastern women are mixed with white and black blood in them is this true?
Yes, there are black Arab/Middle Eastern men and there are white Arab/Middle Eastern men as well as there are black Arab/Middle Easter women and white Arab/Middle Eastern women. They do date each other. That's why you have black Arabs and white Arabs and many in between.

Old 11-17-2019, 06:01 AM

61 posts, read 39,073 times
Islam allows courtship, but not male and female in seclusion.

Also, OP, i'm sorry but l don't think your story is true. I think it was intended to generate emotions rather than address issues. I really believe the story was made-up, even though l'm sure it does happen in real life (everything happens in real life), I think the observations of the OP were nonetheless concocted.

Anyway, the OP is about race / nationality / ethnicity, rather than religion so once again, l have doubts about this thread. Would a dating subforum / realistic story writing subforum be more appropriate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam