Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 02:20 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdblauvelt View Post
There is no anger in my post. I definately apologize if there is any. As you know there is no emotion in text on the internet. Do not take anything I said as anger.

The question I have about Islam, and this isn't a question to be answered, is how can anyone deny the truth. I'm not a Christian because my family has been Christians for as far back as can be found. It is because I believe. I have read all the religions Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddist, Native American and I knew the truth the when I read it.

I have just always had a problem understanding why people can't believe the "Good News". Yes it can be hard when you see a Pope who lives like a King, but claims the authority that he does. When you see Televangelists who sell healing waters on late night T.V. When you see people turn their heads away from the homeless as they walk past them into church. When you see that SOME confuse others into thinking that you have to say a certain prayer, rite, or words to be saved, and they must of course be done in their church and in their ways.

As for debating in another thread I don't want to debate. If you are going to believe thats up to you. My questions were to find out the views of a Muslim, I did. Thank you for your responses...Peace be with you on your walk with him!!
never mind gdblauvelt , i think we cool now
anyway , i'm pleased to meet you , see you around
peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 04:07 PM

98 posts, read 273,076 times
ELWILL, you will always be cool with me. It was great to talk with you. May God bless you and yours...Peace!

Old 09-25-2008, 11:42 PM

8 posts, read 16,382 times
Post Jesus

Just wanted to comment on the Christian comments on Jesus. I was raised on Christian scriptures and began to pursue an understanding of all things that even claimed to be scriptures (so Ive read through the Quran a few times and also Jewish text and everything available that I can find as far as commentary etc) because of an obsession with the God of Abraham. I'm still working on it, but one thing I have noticed among Christians is a very poor understanding of the description "son of God" - what does that mean?
that God had intercourse with Mary? (no)
that God Himself was fully present on Earth and Jesus knew all He knew? (no, specifically denied by scripture, he didn't even know the last hour)
that the FLESH of Jesus was God and had been adult and formed for all time? (no he grew normally and wasn't teleported from the beginning of time)
what does the "son" of God MEAN, really?
There are a lot of complicated explanations of what that is supposed to mean, some people have a very mistaken idea (they repeat the line but don't think about what the words mean, they would argue all day with someone who just was offended at the idea that it was claiming that God had intercourse with Mary), and basically it usually comes down to .... no one exactly understands what that means physically and spiritually, except that it doesn't mean the usual meaning of son, or the usual meaning of God.
In Biblical scriptures the line "son" or "sons of god" is used multiple times for multiple meanings from the old testament on. Why exactly does it have to mean something confrontational when no one is exactly sure what it means except that faith is required since understanding is limited?
I don't claim to know. The more I learn about God the more I realize that even as my understanding of the back of my own hand is so limited that I would be foolish to act as though I comprehended the cells of my own body, so it seems that to claim to really know the specific interactions of physical and spiritual as they relate to God seems kind of far-fetched. I tend to go with Solomon and think that God doesn't demand more than is able to be given, and what is able to be given amounts to some variation of belief (and Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him as righteousness) and acting in accordance with treating other creatures as you would treat yourself while trying to gain a better understanding and better actions in relation to your capacity and comprehensional possiblities. The variations on this are endless (demoninations abound) but sincerety is the foundation from which a working interaction with God and truth springs.
If one thinks about the defenitions of words instead of the words themselves then one discovers that there are less arguments among the sincere than thought (like Paul, don't spend time in foolish arguments about words...though I sometimes do...instead focusing on the things you know God loves, protecting the innocent, hating wrongdoing, treating animals and others kindly, facilitating the lives of the helpless, love, etc.)
(This will probably get me flac, I couldn't even get my own mother to hear this whole paragraph out without tears at my potential blasphemy for saying that I cannot reasonably define the word "son" in such a way as to physically define Jesus as something specific) oh well.

Thanx for all the interesting posts and great links, I have been having fun surfing the web all day reading all these awesome blogs about the world's beliefs, I love reading about God and seeing people take an interest in comprehending God, even if I don't always specifically agree...

Old 09-26-2008, 07:02 AM

4,500 posts, read 2,843,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Do women have a soul?
Is there an afterlife for them?
Yes , of course muslim women have a soul , and there is an afterlife for them . but Why you talk about women in particular !!!
Women like men in Islam , have all the rights and duties . very respectful and activist .

Last edited by Mona Mee; 09-26-2008 at 07:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam