Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Islam have more similarities with Christianity or Judaism?
Christianity 8 27.59%
Judaism 21 72.41%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 12:50 AM

3,640 posts, read 40,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
How do you “steal” a God?
Tell us exactly how it’s done in theory and then show us an example by stealing a God, let’s say the Islamic God.
I’d like to see how it’s done and how do you start a new Abrahamic religion?
Good questions!

Islamic God can neither be stolen nor crucified or killed. He is TOO BIG (ALLAHU AKBAR).

And Islamic God can neither be turned into plural (gods) nor into feminine gender (goddess). They can't do that with ALLAH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2021, 05:10 PM

106 posts, read 64,167 times
Quote:
Tell us exactly how it’s done in theory and then show us an example by stealing a God, let’s say the Islamic God.
Maybe steal was a poor choice of words but take a god and change the story and then turn on the people in an attempt erase their religion.

Old 06-27-2021, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasureoktoo View Post
Maybe steal was a poor choice of words but take a god and change the story and then turn on the people in an attempt erase their religion.
You are making poor choice of words such as stealing God, turn on the people, erase their religion etc etc.

Islam does not erase Jewish peoples' or Christian peoples' religion but verifies it.

Take, for example, circumcision. It is not in the Qur'an. But Muslims circumcise their male babies. Is this erasing Jewish peoples' religion or verifying and confirming it?

According to the Qur'an and Islam, Muslims are not to destroy places of worship such as churches and synagogues:

[22.40] Those who have been expelled from their homes without a just cause except that they say: Our Lord is Allah. And had there not been Allah's repelling some people by others, certainly there would have been pulled down monasteries and churches and synagogues and mosques in which Allah's name is much remembered; and surely Allah will help him who helps His cause; most surely Allah is Strong, Mighty.
ٱلَّذِينَ أُخْرِجُوا۟ مِن دِيَـٰرِهِم بِغَيْرِ حَقٍّ إِلَّآ أَن يَقُولُوا۟ رَبُّنَا ٱللَّهُ ۗ وَلَوْلَا دَفْعُ ٱللَّهِ ٱلنَّاسَ بَعْضَهُم بِبَعْضٍ لَّهُدِّمَتْ صَوَٰمِعُ وَبِيَعٌ وَصَلَوَٰتٌ وَمَسَـٰجِدُ يُذْكَرُ فِيهَا ٱسْمُ ٱللَّهِ كَثِيرًا ۗ وَلَيَنصُرَنَّ ٱللَّهُ مَن يَنصُرُهُۥٓ ۗ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ لَقَوِىٌّ عَزِيزٌ

Islamic God (Allah) does not want these places to be pulled down. It verifies that they worship the same God as Muslims are to worship.

Old 06-27-2021, 03:44 PM

12,159 posts, read 7,985,265 times
Hows islam and their relationship with the lgbt community? I find them
More in line with Christianity in that regard

Old 06-28-2021, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Hows islam and their relationship with the lgbt community? I find them
More in line with Christianity in that regard
Which Christianity?

L in LGBT is different from T and T is different from G, and L or G is different from B.
B is a personal choice rather than a choice through a religion.
There is a large community of Ts in Pakistan. They are often known as khusras.

Old 06-28-2021, 06:56 AM

12,159 posts, read 7,985,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Which Christianity?

L in LGBT is different from T and T is different from G, and L or G is different from B.
B is a personal choice rather than a choice through a religion.
There is a large community of Ts in Pakistan. They are often known as khusras.
I should rephrase.

How are Gays and Lesbians treated by fellow Muslims?

My experience, recently, is a lot of Muslims are very open minded and tolerant of different sexualities. A famous Muslim baker made a pride cake for Pride Month and the local Mosque near me in NJ is doing a Muslims who support Pride parade.

Meanwhile the Christians I know of say Gays will burn and die and never see the light of day again.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:48 AM

Quote:
I should rephrase.

How are Gays and Lesbians treated by fellow Muslims?
Homosexuality is discouraged in Islam but I will not "treat" them differently than humans. There are many Gays and Lesbians who are also Heterosexuals. They are the product of their experience.

I knew a married man in our village in Pakistan who had done homosexual act with another man in a jungle. The other man wasn't allowed his turn and he complained about it in the village. The matter had gone to a mufti who decided that the offender should feed a number of poor people. Very funny. The guy never did any such act again.

Quote:
My experience, recently, is a lot of Muslims are very open minded and tolerant of different sexualities. A famous Muslim baker made a pride cake for Pride Month and the local Mosque near me in NJ is doing a Muslims who support Pride parade.
It's more political than religious act. In Islam, a Muslim has to abide by the law of the land he is living in.

Quote:
Meanwhile the Christians I know of say Gays will burn and die and never see the light of day again.
It's a Christian issue to decide but nobody knows who is going to burn in fire who is not. There might be many more in fire than just gays. Who knows?

Old 07-04-2021, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
What?

The very first book of theirs is mostly about Abraham after the story of human creation. Without that, you will have no validation of circumcision.

No one knows for sure when the Torah was first written down, but scholars believe that the final version of the Torah we have today was recorded during the Babylonian exile (c.539 BCE). A few fragments of texts from around this time period have survived, but the oldest complete Torah only dates to the 11 th or 12 th century. 9.

Old 07-06-2021, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasureoktoo View Post
No one knows for sure when the Torah was first written down, but scholars believe that the final version of the Torah we have today was recorded during the Babylonian exile (c.539 BCE). A few fragments of texts from around this time period have survived, but the oldest complete Torah only dates to the 11 th or 12 th century. 9.
Yes, the original Torah was destroyed during the Babylonian attack, destruction and captivity. The present Torah is the re-written Torah. But a lot of truth remains in there, if not the whole truth word by word. I do believe the Genesis account of circumcision of Abraham and Ishmael. This is why all Muslim male babies are circumcised.

Old 07-07-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
In todays world, it could not be accomplished.

The known world was much smaller then, and the one with the strongest military survived.

Islam survived mainly because it was unopposed in the deserts of Arabia.
A place easier to circumnavigate, than cross.
They made their conquests, many still standing today, Spain is an exception,
And forced back into the deserts for the last 200 years, the quietest time in their history.

Now, oil money and the prostitution of the west, and the fact that
few westerns know what the religion is about, is letting them out.

Last edited by yasureoktoo; 07-07-2021 at 10:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam