Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 02:37 AM

3,640 posts, read 43,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvduv View Post
Can't we discuss Bahai'ism here especially in relation to its origin from Shi'a Islam? I assume the Bahai forum you indicated is limited to those interested or believing in the official religion of standard Bahai'ism.
It won't be fair on Baha'is to discuss their religion in this Islam forum as we may get it wrong.

The best place to discuss Baha'ism is in a standard Baha'ism forum so that one can be corrected if wrong.

Further, it should be noted that there is only one Islam. It is the peoples themselves beginning with one Islam, that was revealed through the Qur'an, diverted into sects; Shi'a Islam, Sunni Islam, green Islam, black Islam, this Islam and that Islam.

I believe in only One Islam; submitting to the commands/guidance from Allah as to how I should live the life on this earth till my death on it. For example, human being was created to be khalifa on earth. Khalifa is a leader on earth over all other earthly living beings. A leader as viceroy taking instruction from a higher power (God in this case). This is the standard Islam. The rest of acts are just acts of devotion which may vary from time to time in history or from nation to nation over various centuries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2021, 02:03 PM

154 posts, read 74,824 times
Unfortunately one cannot obtain an objective analytical explanation from a biased member of a particular group, in this case, Bahais. So one has to raise issues with those who have examined issues objectively in depth.

Old 08-09-2021, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately one cannot obtain an objective analytical explanation from a biased member of a particular group, in this case, Bahais. So one has to raise issues with those who have examined issues objectively in depth.
OK, that explains a bit more why you are asking these questions here. It is "objective analytical explanation" about a certain subject, topic or issue that you are looking for that you are unable to obtain from them in their forums. I can understand that. For example, there are 19 months in their calendar year (plus 4 or 5 days as some kind of adjustment). This is not standard Islamic months (which are 12). The Qur'an is clear:

[9.36] Surely the number of months with Allah is twelve months in Allah's ordinance since the day when He created the heavens and the earth...

Therefore, I can only explain with reference to Islam as revealed and explained in the Qur'an. Baha'is are, as far as I understand, peaceful people. I understand that their original leaders were Muslims (Siyyid 'Ali-Muhammad of Shiraz and Mirza Husayn-'Ali) of Shia family background. Whether they had divine revelations or not, I am not sure.

Unless you raise an issue/topic that you have not obtained "objective analytical explanation" from them, and want to know from Muslims in this forum, we can't be much helpful.

Old 08-12-2021, 07:30 AM

I am particularly interested in knowing how Muslim scholars, sheikhs, imams, etc. understood the writings of the Bab himself, i.e. the Bayan and the Kitabi Asma. They were ostensibly written by this young man in his twenties without much advanced education.

Old 08-12-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I am particularly interested in knowing how Muslim scholars, sheikhs, imams, etc. understood the writings of the Bab himself, i.e. the Bayan and the Kitabi Asma. They were ostensibly written by this young man in his twenties without much advanced education.
Anything that goes along the teachings of the Qur'an is acceptable by a Muslim scholar, imam etc. Anything that contradicts the Qur'an is unacceptable. This is why most of the Muslim scholars did not accept 19 months in a year because it has been God's law from the outset that there are 12 months in a year.

Old 08-12-2021, 07:02 PM

Khalif, that wasn't my point. I was asking about how the scholars understood that such extensive and religious writing could be done by someone hardly 30 years old.

Old 08-13-2021, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Khalif, that wasn't my point. I was asking about how the scholars understood that such extensive and religious writing could be done by someone hardly 30 years old.
Most scholars at the time didn't regard it something special and unique. Most of it was already part of Islam anyway but in different words. Anything else, such as the number of months in one year, is diversion from Islam.

Another way of gauging out answer to your last question is to see why such diversion from Islam is still not recognised as "religious" in Iran by the scholars and imams there even though Baha'is are the largest minority in Iran (where it all started).

Old 08-13-2021, 07:33 AM

So you mean they had no opinions about how such a young person could write such texts??

Old 08-13-2021, 01:28 PM

Quote:
So you mean they had no opinions about how such a young person could write such texts??
I didn't mean that.

From my statement, it should be obvious that most of them HAD the opinion that some of his writings are same as Islamic and some different that contradict Islamic teachings. They were not interested in how he wrote if he could write.

I can write a lot even about just one subject/issue/topic despite having no formal education at a degree level. For example, I once wrote a dissertation type 26000 words writing about beard in Islam. If I can do it then most can do it in prison (plenty of time) if they can write.

Perhaps you can tell us, for our information, as to how that young man wrote all that at that age. I am sure you too have your opinion that you may be eager to express here. I, as a life-long-learner, like to learn more.

Old 08-27-2021, 05:12 PM

The truth is I have no idea how he did it. There must be an explanation. But regardless, it did him no good anyway...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam