Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-26-2021, 03:52 PM
 
154 posts, read 74,663 times
Reputation: 35

Advertisements

Does anyone know how and why ordinary Sunni and Shia Muslims abandoned their traditional faiths to join the Druze movement hundreds of years ago, or the Bahai faith in the 19th century? What kind of Muslims did that, and how did it happen? The same thing could be asked about the Ismaili Muslim movement that has been radically different than either Sunnism or mainstream Shia Islam. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-27-2021, 02:53 AM
 
Location: Birmingham
3,640 posts, read 40,132 times
Reputation: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvduv View Post
Does anyone know how and why ordinary Sunni and Shia Muslims abandoned their traditional faiths to join the Druze movement hundreds of years ago, or the Bahai faith in the 19th century? What kind of Muslims did that, and how did it happen? The same thing could be asked about the Ismaili Muslim movement that has been radically different than either Sunnism or mainstream Shia Islam. Thank you.
Diversion, division, breaking into sects. Same as Sunni Shia division. Man will often find ways, through envy, in an attempt to show he is better than the others and get cursed. Human strength is in a unity, not in division.

Man was created to be Khalifa/vicegerent on earth. If man doesn't fulfil that purpose, he fails in this life. The rest is just me, me, me and nothing else.

Last edited by Khalif; 06-27-2021 at 02:55 AM.. Reason: additional words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2021, 10:02 AM
 
154 posts, read 74,663 times
Reputation: 35
Default Question about Bahai and Druze

From my reading and viewing about the religion of the Druze and of the Bahai, it seems to me in fact the adherents of the religions do not consider themselves to have new religions, but are actually claiming their religions are the "fulfillment" or "completion" of Islam for the world.

In addition, can anyone explain exactly how it was calculated among the adherents of the Bab that there was a 1000 year period between the occultation of the last imam and the year 1844? I think there is some confusion about this. It is more than interesting that the Christian Adventists with George Miller had an entirely different calculation of why Jesus was supposed to return in 1844. Interesting coincidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2021, 03:35 AM
 
Location: Birmingham
3,640 posts, read 40,132 times
Reputation: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvduv View Post
From my reading and viewing about the religion of the Druze and of the Bahai, it seems to me in fact the adherents of the religions do not consider themselves to have new religions, but are actually claiming their religions are the "fulfillment" or "completion" of Islam for the world.
In what way their religions (which are not "new religions") "fulfil" or "complete" Islam?

As far as I understand, Islam was perfected with the verse 5:3 of the Qur'an.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvduv View Post
In addition, can anyone explain exactly how it was calculated among the adherents of the Bab that there was a 1000 year period between the occultation of the last imam and the year 1844? I think there is some confusion about this. It is more than interesting that the Christian Adventists with George Miller had an entirely different calculation of why Jesus was supposed to return in 1844. Interesting coincidence.
You will have to ask that question in their forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2021, 07:20 AM
 
154 posts, read 74,663 times
Reputation: 35
This is a general forum addressing Islamic issues. I don't see why I have to search elsewhere. Hopefully there are participants who can discuss this subject here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2021, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Birmingham
3,640 posts, read 40,132 times
Reputation: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvduv View Post
This is a general forum addressing Islamic issues. I don't see why I have to search elsewhere. Hopefully there are participants who can discuss this subject here.
This is not a "general forum". It is a forum about Islam.
The subject about Bab or Bahaullah can be addressed better in Baha'i faith forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2021, 03:24 PM
 
154 posts, read 74,663 times
Reputation: 35
Where is there a separate Baha'i forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2021, 03:44 PM
 
Location: West Virginia
16,665 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Reputation: 10916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvduv View Post
Where is there a separate Baha'i forum?
There isn't one on City-Data.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: https://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2021, 05:57 AM
 
Location: Birmingham
3,640 posts, read 40,132 times
Reputation: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvduv View Post
Where is there a separate Baha'i forum?
You may find Baha'i forums on other sites through the link below:
https://bahaiforums.com/bahai-faith/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2021, 01:40 PM
 
154 posts, read 74,663 times
Reputation: 35
Can't we discuss Bahai'ism here especially in relation to its origin from Shi'a Islam? I assume the Bahai forum you indicated is limited to those interested or believing in the official religion of standard Bahai'ism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top