Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 04:42 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
ok fine its still seems far fetched to me. infact i think the only people that can believe it would also be the ones targeted

Certainly. All of America is targeted.
It would be very not clever to just sit back and allow terroritst to operate under the guise of religious freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord The Jews, Christians and Muslims during one of their holy crusades (particularly their wars over Jerusalem), then and now.

I don't think any right minded person defends terrorism. I think, over time, each of those 'religions' were and are guility. It does not mean that I have to defend it, at home or abroad. I am not a Christian or a Jew or a Muslim. I do not especially appreciate dogmatic religions. I think the god of the old testiment is racist, violent, angry and mean-spirited and the religions stemming from him/it sometimes sprout people who think the same way and convince themselves that this is what god wants.

I did not vote for the dumbell we have in the White House. I have always been against the war in Iraq, and I will be damned if I will sit by and tolerate being 'collateral damage' in my own home because some dolt in the White House either wanted to avenge his daddy or grab another country's oil.

So, I feel totally justified in not allowing people/fanatics to recruit terrorists on my soil and on our forums.

Last edited by goldengrain; 05-24-2008 at 04:56 PM..

Old 05-24-2008, 05:31 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
There is no religion that has not practiced what could be called terrorism at some time in it's history. It's foolish to think that there are religions that have a clean record if they've been around for a long time. This happens to be a time in which a small minority of muslims have been very active in acts or terrorism and I'm talking about groups like Hamas and individuals like Bin Ladin. The overwhelming majority of the millions of muslims around the world have no desire to hurt anyone and yet many have labeled this entire population as evil and supporting terrorism.
Also, I don't see why goldengrain gotten so many negative comments about this thread. It was a perfectly acceptable question that has religious implications that seem appropriate for this forum. I am also against the war and opposed to the actions of our current President as is goldengrain. I didn't detect any anti muslim sentiments being expressed at all by the question and I share the same concerns about terrorism that goldengrain does.
Personally I don't see any easy solution for this problem. America clearly made the situation much worse by starting the war in Iraq but we still have the Israeli Palestinian conflict which has lasted for over a half century and generations of young people on both sides are taught to hate their enemies. I believe that Israel has the right to exist as a nation but I think the Palestinians have the same right. There was one historical point when this might have been resolved during Clinton's Presidency but Arafat rejected a proposal that was a once in a lifetime chance to actually agree on a realistic solution that was in everyone's best interests. Now Hamas is more influential than ever and they refuse to accept the right that Israel should exist. That means that terrorism in the middle east is going to be active for the forseeable future.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:51 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by goldengrain
Quote:
Sure, Christians are liars. I do not stand for Chrisitanity, but I have not heard of organized gangs of them planning to destroy this country through violent means lately.
Waittaminute, you mean you just refuse to believe that the IRA is a Christian organisation? Or that the Italian mafia aren't Christians either?
Or do you just believe that these 2 organisations just aren't organised?
Or are you saying that as long as they don't want to destroy America you don't really care?
Because I’ll bet you that these 2 organisations are recruiting Americans.
They will recruit anyone who they think can serve their purposes.
Personally I worry more about non-violent corruption (bribery etc) than violent corruption (suicide bombings) because in the end bribery does more damage than bombings.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by goldengrainWaittaminute, you mean you just refuse to believe that the IRA is a Christian organisation? Or that the Italian mafia aren't Christians either?
Or do you just believe that these 2 organisations just aren't organised?
Or are you saying that as long as they don't want to destroy America you don't really care?
Because I’ll bet you that these 2 organisations are recruiting Americans.
They will recruit anyone who they think can serve their purposes.
Personally I worry more about non-violent corruption (bribery etc) than violent corruption (suicide bombings) because in the end bribery does more damage than bombings.
From the over reactions to my posting this question, I sincerely believe that I hit the nail on the head and have exposed something that required airing. I am so glad that the FBI watches forums such as this for such activity and am proud that I have called their attention to it.

You'll have to find some other sandbox to play in.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:25 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by goldengrain
Quote:
You'll have to find some other sandbox to play in.
Are you claiming that we ain't playing in the same sandbox?
As long as there is profit in it organised crime plays in any sandbox, just like the Americans government plays in sandboxes outside America.
Nowadays we call it globalisation.
Heck, if I'm not mistaken some American states invite foreign investors (especially European) to invest in their state. And I have to admit that America is very appealing to European investors, especially since our Euro is worth 50% more in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam