Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 08:10 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,632 times

Advertisements

And you'd blindly condemn anyone who is a christian - even if he was just talking to an Iraqi! So much fear about Christian soldiers talking to Iraqi's. Of course the situation is volatile. But the point I was trying to make is the situation is volatile anyway, the people are volatile anyway. These marines will never, ever, make these people happy. Of course safety should be paramount - I agree!! I just think you are closing your eyes to the real enemy. You will not please these people......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 09:16 PM

1,482 posts, read 2,384,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
No one treats the Iraq people worse than their own previous leaders and their fellow countrymen. There is constant in-fighting amongst the Iraq people, with different fractions of Islam blowing up parts of the cities where the other fractions live. One of the biggest troubles for the troops in Iraq, is controlling this in-fighting. They are caught up in the middle of the Iraq people fighting.

There is a huge struggle for power going on in Iraq. And it's easy to blame the Marines for talking about Jesus with someone (if they asked), for the mindset of these Iraq people. There would be fighting in Iraq even if the Americans left. There would probably be a blood bath really, these people are viscious to their own people.

How the Iraqis or the Chinese treat each other in the privacy of their own sovereignty is not my business and probably not yours either. But how Americans treat each other is. Only a few years ago, in this new century, a man was chined to the back of a pickup truck and dragged over an asphalt road until there was almost nothing left of him. And simply because of his color. What do you think his dying thoughts on our "freedoms" were. Let's take care of our own. The Christ consciousness does not seem to be in vogue with many who claim to be Christians. One case you say? For American the land of freedom..one case is one case to many IMO. I have no time to call the Iraqi pot black or any other pot for that matter. Perhaps if you saw the actual face of war you might feel a bit different about all this. In the USA we have lived 196 years without being occupied by a foreign power and 143 years without suffering an armed conflict on our soil. We our truly blessed and it would be prudent to remember that.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:40 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
And you'd blindly condemn anyone who is a christian - even if he was just talking to an Iraqi! So much fear about Christian soldiers talking to Iraqi's. Of course the situation is volatile. But the point I was trying to make is the situation is volatile anyway, the people are volatile anyway. These marines will never, ever, make these people happy. Of course safety should be paramount - I agree!! I just think you are closing your eyes to the real enemy. You will not please these people......
No, on that you are dead wrong. I do not condemn christians (not even catholics) In fact, there is a christian community in Iraq....or there was until their bishop was kidnapped then found in a ditch dead about a week later. Naturally the congregants took this as a hint it was time to go, and go they did. Volitile doesn't do the situation justice. And of course marines will talk to Iraqis. But not about religion. It is against military law, the marine is in the military and he put his fellow marines in jeopardy by doing this. If the marine felt led by christ to convert muslims, then he needs to resign his commision (or wait till hes mustered out) then join a legitamate christian ministry and save souls at will. Though without the backing of the US military, I doubt he will live long. And I'm sure that thought never entered into the equation.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:02 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,388 times
All I can say is don't fall for it. Its a settup to pit Christians against Muslims or to make this war be blamed on Christians. Muslims AND Christians are their target. They just use different tactics. This is purposely being done and reported on to make it in to the public for a sectarian agenda.

If they were compelled to discuss the Bible and their faith and wanted to save people they wouldn't be carrying guns. This is the new USA, one that wages wars on its own people, and people that believe in the Bible. They just don't wage those wars outright. Its a conditioning process.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:31 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Unless he held a Gun to my head and told me to accept Allah, I would believe he was just sharing his religious views with me. That's what I would believe.
So, if someone outside the grocery store is handing out pamphlets on Islam, you feel just as comfortable saying you don't want it as you would if at the same grocery store you had to stop when you are leaving while armed and uniformed soldiers surrounded your car and with guns in their hands distributed the pamphlet?

Old 06-23-2008, 04:52 PM

Now stop and think please. Here let's imagine that the shoe is on the other foot. This is East Los Angeles. Those soldiers are from Arablandia and they do not speak English. They tell you that they are bring you a new kind of freedom. How would you feel if you were the civilians in this picture. Honestly?

Old 06-23-2008, 05:31 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
jennaflorrie wrote:
Quote:
Montana Guy - you too are in bondage. Spritual bondage is about being in the darkness and not being in the light. Yes, you have the choice to choose - but can you see which is the right choice? You see it all as Religion and religion being the problem. The problem is the darkness and the bondage in each man's heart.
I have no doubt about your sincerity and I realize that anyone who is deeply religious places their faith above all else. The muslim people in Iraq feel the same way about their faith and I'm just asking you to imagine how they must feel when an occupying force has soldiers who are telling their citizens that their religion is completely false and that America has the answer, Christianity! Now how do you think that's going to go over with a nation with centuries of religious traditions in the muslim faith? If a muslim superpower was occupying America and one of their soldiers informed you that Christianity was totally false and that you should convert to the muslim faith how would that make you feel?

Old 06-23-2008, 08:16 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
jennaflorrie wrote:

I have no doubt about your sincerity and I realize that anyone who is deeply religious places their faith above all else. The muslim people in Iraq feel the same way about their faith and I'm just asking you to imagine how they must feel when an occupying force has soldiers who are telling their citizens that their religion is completely false and that America has the answer, Christianity! Now how do you think that's going to go over with a nation with centuries of religious traditions in the muslim faith? If a muslim superpower was occupying America and one of their soldiers informed you that Christianity was totally false and that you should convert to the muslim faith how would that make you feel?

Look, a girl was stoned to death for just TALKING to an American soldier - he wasn't a christian and he gave her a little teddy bear. That was all. The girl approached the soldier to talk. She underestimated the hatred that her family and most people in Iraq have towards Americans and American Soldiers especially.

Did you realise, Muslims have more respect for a Westerner who is a Christian than for a Westerner who has NO beliefs.

Anyone who is not a muslim is an enemy. Doesn't matter what you are or who you are - if you are no with them you are against them.

You cannot play games with these people, you cannot negotiate. They will chew you up and spit you right out.

The Islam faith is not one of tolerance. They view their Allah as an angry God. Muslims who have become christians were amazed that the Christian God was tolerant and loving......this is NOT THEIR GOD!!

Yes, the Musllims should be cautious, they shouldn't go evangelising while on duty, purposely antagonising these Iraqis, but if you think that by bending over backwards for them everything will be ok......you are fooling yourselves. If these people can strangle their own children, stone them to death whilst they are looking at them with pleading desperate eyes - do not think they will have one ounce of pity for an American anywhere on Islamic soil. THAT is their true religion.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:44 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Look, a girl was stoned to death for just TALKING to an American soldier - he wasn't a christian and he gave her a little teddy bear. That was all. The girl approached the soldier to talk. She underestimated the hatred that her family and most people in Iraq have towards Americans and American Soldiers especially.

Did you realise, Muslims have more respect for a Westerner who is a Christian than for a Westerner who has NO beliefs.

Anyone who is not a muslim is an enemy. Doesn't matter what you are or who you are - if you are no with them you are against them.

You cannot play games with these people, you cannot negotiate. They will chew you up and spit you right out.

The Islam faith is not one of tolerance. They view their Allah as an angry God. Muslims who have become christians were amazed that the Christian God was tolerant and loving......this is NOT THEIR GOD!!

Yes, the Musllims should be cautious, they shouldn't go evangelising while on duty, purposely antagonising these Iraqis, but if you think that by bending over backwards for them everything will be ok......you are fooling yourselves. If these people can strangle their own children, stone them to death whilst they are looking at them with pleading desperate eyes - do not think they will have one ounce of pity for an American anywhere on Islamic soil. THAT is their true religion.

So....you do understand just how precarious the situation is.
Why antagonize the locals? Why try to generate further ill will? Why try to put a person in the position of being stoned to death? To save their soul you would damn their life? And all men and women wearing the US uniform....their lives and safety are meaningless when compared to one marines desire (because it is not a right) to evangelize his brand of christianity through coins?

Old 06-23-2008, 11:19 PM

It seem we have arrived into the new millennium completely...the millennium of the "cross and the M-16".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam