Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 02:40 AM

713 posts, read 1,957,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Do you know how ignorant you sound? No, many "Islamics" do not 'incourage (sic)' their children to murder. You're speaking of a population that is 1/6th of the world's population. A very small fraction of people soil their name and their beliefs, just as as a small fraction of Christians have completely soiled the name of Christianity, which has gone to great lengths to defend slavery, murder, witch hunts, and the like. Again, is Jesus Camp an accurate portrayal of American Christian children? If I tell you yes and refuse to listen to a word you say when you rebutt, you can go then go ahead and change my name to Campbell.

P.S. If Islam is evil but Christianity has more blood on its hands throughout history, does that make Christianity MORE evil? Just curious.
Now where in Jesus camp do they teach their kids to murder?

Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 06:41 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,093,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Today an Islamic person killed three more Americans in Iraq when they set off their bomb belt. This is going on all the time, and I don't see Jews or Christians doing this sort of thing, just Islamics. They think they will now go to heaven with the blessing of Allah. And if you are talking about the Crusades when speaking of Christians having more blood on their hands. I will remind you that the Crusades were started after the Moslems first murdered half of the Christians in Asia and burned to the ground 3,000 Christian churches. It's your religion of peace that started the war. It may be a small fraction of Moslems, but when you have a billion or more people who believe like this, a small fraction can do a lot of harm.
I think you're under the impression that Western powers have complete amnesty and rights to complete what ever imperialist tasks they deem necessary. What is all hardest to take is how unnecessary many have been -- if it hasn't been Saddam Hussein, it's been one of the Bush presidents.

1980-1988: Iraq - Iran War where Hussein miscalculated the power and necessity of such a war, however, it didn't help matters that both Iraq and Iran were being supplied with caches of weapons and motivation by the United States in order to attempt to decimate both growing powers in the middle east. (Anyone want to remind us to keep to ourselves to disallow for growing hatred there?)

Let's not forget the gassing by Hussein in Kurdistan which took the lives of 300,000. Why would that irritate an average Iraqi? Probably because it was George H.W. Bush who promised to stand behind Iraqi Kurdistan if they rebelled against the Ba'athist regime. Clearly, he was nowhere to be found. (The same was true with Hussein's human's rights violations in Shiite southern Iraq)

You then were forced to watch Dessert Storm when Baghdad was bombed incessantly following Hussein's take-back of Kuwait. What needs to be remembered when shelters full of women and children are bombed, is that embargos and bombings don't hurt the government, but the people who live under them just as 9/11 didn't hurt our government, but rather everyone who was in those buildings, and every one of their families.

And now Operation Iraqi Freedom -- where our biggest supposed motivation for displacing millions was WMD which wouldn't have been a surprise if they had them (BECAUSE WE SUPPLIED THEM!). When that hits the fan, it becomes the liberation of women, who enjoyed more social rights than woman in the U.S. Do you think the average Iraqi doesn't know anything? I guarentee this: The read alot more U.S. newspapers than the average American teenager does. These people aren't ignorant, in fact, urban Iraq is/was home to some of the brightest minds not just in the middle east, but in the world. They know exactly what's been used as a motivation for occupation and they don't so easily forget the end of the Ottoman Empire and the subsequent excuses for British occupation and imperialism either.

Is there anything positive in losing between 2-4% of your entire population in war totalitarianism? What would your feelings in America be if the same were true here -- would you hold animosity? Campbell, don't think about all the great things you're hoping to do -- actually put yourself in other people's shoes. Do you think the last 28 years spurns any hatred for the United States? How about continued occupation? Do you think those in Gaza who strap a bomb to their chests have a reason in their minds to? Live as a zoo animal without rights for any amount of time and then you may understand the plight of many a person -- and then ask yourself if it has more to do with being a manipulated person than being an "Islamic."

Old 06-25-2008, 06:57 AM

870 posts, read 1,626,757 times
i guess we need to drop bombs on the schools to solve the problems of the future before they kill our people. i'm all for it.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:42 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,896 times
Quote:
Today an Islamic person killed three more Americans in Iraq when they set off their bomb belt. This is going on all the time, and I don't see Jews or Christians doing this sort of thing, just Islamics. They think they will now go to heaven with the blessing of Allah. And if you are talking about the Crusades when speaking of Christians having more blood on their hands.
muslims killed americans in iraq , why ? may be thier existence in iraq illegal beside they killing some iraqis ? or may be they havn't passport and refused to leave the country

Quote:
I will remind you that the Crusades were started after the Moslems first murdered half of the Christians in Asia and burned to the ground 3,000 Christian churches. It's your religion of peace that started the war. It may be a small fraction of Moslems, but when you have a billion or more people who believe like this, a small fraction can do a lot of harm.
sources please

Old 06-25-2008, 09:59 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Today an Islamic person killed three more Americans in Iraq when they set off their bomb belt. This is going on all the time, and I don't see Jews or Christians doing this sort of thing, just Islamics.
Really? Odds are some of our soldiers are Christians.

LiveLeak.com - 1000 Pound Bomb JDAM Dropped On Insurgent Safe House In Iraq "Huge Air Strike"

I just don't understand why someone over there would hate us.. You would think that attacking their country would make them like us or something..

Old 06-25-2008, 10:03 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Really? Odds are some of our soldiers are Christians.

LiveLeak.com - 1000 Pound Bomb JDAM Dropped On Insurgent Safe House In Iraq "Huge Air Strike"

I just don't understand why someone over there would hate us.. You would think that attacking their country would make them like us or something..
Iraqs former dictator got off killing many people, he use to give $25,000 DOLLARS to familes that had sons or daughters that would blow themselves up killing Jews, his wonderful sons use to put their non firends into telephone crushing machines, to punish them. Sometimes head first, sometimes feet first. They would take faimly members of their enemies and feed them to hungry dogs. They use to throw others off of tall buildings. The list of evil could go on and on. The point of the matter is, Iraq is better off without them. And having freedom will give their nation for the first time a choice in the direction they really want to go. Perhaps you believe Iraq and the world was better off with a madman. I don't.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:06 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,093,442 times
Quote:
Iraqs former dictator got off killing many people, he use to give $25,000 DOLLARS to familes that had sons or daughters that would blow themselves up killing Jews, his wonderful sons use to put their non firends into telephone crushing machines, to punish them. Sometimes head first, sometimes feet first. They would take faimly members of their enemies and feed them to hungry dogs. They use to throw others off of tall buildings. The list of evil could go on and on. The point of the matter is, Iraq is better off without them. And having freedom will give their nation for the first time a choice in the direction they really want to go. Perhaps you believe Iraq and the world was better off with a madman. I don't.
Please provide sources in conjunction with your many statements. It would be very helpful in responding to much of your undying ability to pass over everything we say. Please review my post, read it 4 times if necessary, and if you're still willing to shut yourself off to all things not altruism, then you're intellectually dishonest.

If you're not going to respond to posts, it might be best not to respond at all. Thanks.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:36 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
muslims killed americans in iraq , why ? may be thier existence in iraq illegal beside they killing some iraqis ? or may be they havn't passport and refused to leave the country

sources please
The Crusades were a series of Defensive wars against Islamic aggression . Muslims attacked Egypt, Spain, Sicily, Greece, Turky, Constantinople, Jerusalem, Damascus, ect.
And now these same people talk about American imperialism. Give me a break.

Crusades

Old 06-26-2008, 05:15 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,896 times
Quote:
The Crusades were a series of Defensive wars against Islamic aggression . Muslims attacked Egypt, Spain, Sicily, Greece, Turky, Constantinople, Jerusalem, Damascus, ect.
And now these same people talk about American imperialism. Give me a break.

Crusades
thank you for the link
but please i wanna unbiased , historical , authorized sources , which i can accept
you said
I will remind you that the Crusades were started after the Moslems first murdered half of the Christians in Asia and burned to the ground 3,000 Christian churches. It's your religion of peace that started the war.

when muslims did that ?, what is your sources for this information? , is there anyname for this event which i can google it for details , i realy never heared about that muslims murdered half of the christians in asia and burned christian churches

thank you for your time
salam

Old 06-26-2008, 05:51 AM

58 posts, read 205,433 times
I like that part from an articel I recently found on the Internet

An unwillingness of Islam to adapt, particularly in the West, worries Mohammed. “Having been brought up in Guyana, the way that we practiced Islam then, I saw no problem between the religion and a Western lifestyle. And even now, as I practice Islam — my family and I are observant Muslims — we still see no disjoint between our lifestyle and American lifestyles. The problem is that in America, the image of Islam has changed radically from the ’60s to now. Before 1966, when the borders were sort of open, Islam in America was defined by a purely American expression, with people like Malcolm X, Elijah Mohammed. Whether one agreed with his view of Islam or not, the point is that Islam was viewed through American lenses. After the ’60s, when Middle Easterners and Pakistanis started coming in large numbers, Islam comes to be defined by immigrants. They’re coming from places where there is political upheaval, such as Pakistan, such as the Middle East. And so when they come here, they have this radical outlook that pits their religion against the West. And it’s a politicized Islam we see for the most part.
“Strangely, the American concept of human rights plays into this problem, because in Pakistan, for example, one can be prosecuted for simply saying something against Mohammed. One comes to the United States and sees freedom of speech to the point that now you can dress however you wish, say whatever you wish, and you have rights for religious minorities, and things that they were not even allowed [to do] in their own Muslim countries, in the name of Islam, they’re allowed to do. In the United States, which is amazing, that makes them say, ‘Oh well. We have absolute freedom now.’ And since they have not been accustomed to living as a minority, they cannot make that change. So they try to bring their so-called ‘Islamic norms’ and impose them on American beliefs. They cannot make this mental leap from Muslim majority to Muslim minority. You have Muslim taxi drivers, I think it’s in Michigan or Chicago, saying they will not pick up fares now who have whiskey in them or [other] alcohol. That is absolutely nonsensical. We have Muslim women saying that if they join the police force they still want to wear the hijab.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam