Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:04 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,052,781 times

Advertisements

As far as I can tell.. 1 muslim is officially "outraged.."

Mohammed Asif

in fact.. the article plainly states:

"Dundee councillor Mohammed Asif said: 'My concern was that it's not welcomed by all communities, with the dog on the cards. 'It was probably a waste of resources going to these communities."

So.. one guy had a concern.. and thus the muslims are outraged?

Yellow journalism at its finest..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 11:05 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,817,791 times
what the hell do I care what the christians say? I am not a christian, I am not a muslim, but getting upset about a puppy on a postcard is absurd. refusing to let someone into your cab because they have alcohol is absurd. refusing to wear a company uniform because your religion says it shows too much skin is absurd. demanding that a public cafeteria provide a halal menu, but then refusing to eat there because they serve beer is absurd. demanding that a public airport provide foot baths is absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Here is an even funner game. Count how many christians on CDF have posted about something that outrages them.

You can pretty much quadriple any number of "hits" you found on yahoo.

Second, even muslims do not agree. When al quaeda tried to turn parts of Afghanistan into a 16th century world, the muslims stated that women covering themselves from head to toe was not part of their tradition.

So please don't make broad generalizations about muslims based on what you find on yahoo.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:06 AM

no, it's pretty self explanatory. I thought it was laid out in layman's terms. guess not. google the phrase and read all the articles. you can't breath without a muslim getting offended. I want someone to tell me why they are so sensitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
As far as I can tell.. 1 muslim is officially "outraged.."

Mohammed Asif

in fact.. the article plainly states:

"Dundee councillor Mohammed Asif said: 'My concern was that it's not welcomed by all communities, with the dog on the cards. 'It was probably a waste of resources going to these communities."

So.. one guy had a concern.. and thus the muslims are outraged?

Yellow journalism at its finest..

Old 07-01-2008, 11:07 AM

you probably shouldn't say more, because you aren't coming across so bright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by camping! That is probably because she would no wanted to risk to be blown up in an abortion clinic.

Originally Posted by jmarquiseBoobs in church.
Need I say more?

Old 07-01-2008, 11:07 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,203,170 times
Originally Posted by jmarquise
Quote:
I am not a christian, I am not a muslim, but getting upset about a puppy on a postcard is absurd.
So what you are actually saying is that everyone who disagrees with you is being absurd?

Old 07-01-2008, 11:27 AM

not sure why you get that feeling. I am not a christian fella.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
why do I get the feeling that these threads just want to make muslims look bad, could it be that some Christians are so insecure about their faith, that they need something to reassure their egos and feel they are better?

We all know that most Christians around the world share a progressive view, but there are some who are really insecure about what they believe, that they feel compelled to convert others anytime they see the opportunity, or keep telling people from different faiths about their ill fate for choosing a different religion, or trying to convince us that atheists are amoral, they are so insecure that they even reject to study the beliefs of other religions for the fear of watering down their beliefs and simply reject them as things from the devil.

IMO, at least the muslims who come here are much more open to respectful dialogues and debates about the diferences in our religions, they are interested to know more about them, and they hold progressive views towards evolution, scientific progress, etc.

Example is more powerful than empty words.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:29 AM

nope, I am saying overly sensitive people are. a postcard of a puppy is not offensive. to think it is, would make you insane. I think all religion is pretty nutty, but religious extremists are particularly absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise So what you are actually saying is that everyone who disagrees with you is being absurd?

Old 07-01-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
nope, I am saying overly sensitive people are.
So everyone who expresses his opinion and disagrees with you is oversensitive?

Quote:
I think all religion is pretty nutty, but religious extremists are particularly absurd.
I don't think it has anything to do with religion.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:43 AM

you are a brilliant one! I see what you are trying to do by your little screen name quote! sorry fella! overly sensitive people are oversensitive. nice try friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise So everyone who expresses his opinion and disagrees with you is oversensitive?

I don't think it has anything to do with religion.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
overly sensitive people are oversensitive.
So now you're claiming not to be oversensitive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam