Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 03:09 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,419,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malath View Post
O.K

"What is the purpose of LIFE?"
To strenghten and develop the sublime force of willpower to focus it and fulfill the divine quest! and become one with God once again.

It doesn't matter what religion you choose, they are all paths to unity with spirit, however there are paths that are faster and more effective, but it depends on your personality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 03:41 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,312,385 times
Quote:
O.K

"What is the purpose of LIFE?"

To so perfectly time my existence, that while eating the perfect chocolate chip cookie, I sink my par putt on the 18th hole of pebble beach, then drop dead.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:01 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,933,629 times
life has no purpose, we make our own with the things we say and do.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:15 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,776,754 times
Wow, you sound just like a born again Christian.

Blessings on your path.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:38 PM

188 posts, read 505,838 times
Quote:
There is No God but Allah

take this advice from me)))) Improve your knowledge about this &you do not loss any thing

just read more>>>

Thanks too much
Oh yeah, Allah... the one that tells people to kill other people or something right? Why is it that your religion commits suicide in the name of Allah or kills people in the name of Allah? I think many of us Christians and even non-Christians alike want to know that.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:36 AM

5,544 posts, read 9,471,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Interesting that the Christians say the same thing about Yahweh.
Yes, but we can provide some plausible explanation for WHY we believe what we do. Christianity is not mere "blind" faith. Our belief system is grounded in authentic people, places, and events in history.

I'll await your response (s).

Old 07-12-2008, 06:28 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,342,757 times
Quote:
Excuse me!!
Would you stop for a moment?!
Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself ?
Who has made it?
Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?!
Have you seen a wonderful,delicate work without a worker ?!
It's you and the whole universe!..
Who has made them all ?!!
You know who ?.. It's "ALLAH",prise be to him.
Just think for a moment.
How are you going to be after death ?!
Can you believe that this exact system of the universe and all of these great creation will end in nothing...just after death!
Have you thought, for a second, How to save your soul from Allah's punishment?!
Haven't you thought about what is the right religion?!
Here you will get the answer
http://www.anashed.net/flash/lastb_reath.swf
here
here
here
Yes I have thought about it, and after weeding through the lies, frauds, killings, and thefts, I rejected all religion as absurd, and only for those who were just ignorate or too afraid to look at the truth.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:15 PM

4,903 posts, read 6,005,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerborn2008 View Post
Yes, but we can provide some plausible explanation for WHY we believe what we do. Christianity is not mere "blind" faith. Our belief system is grounded in authentic people, places, and events in history.

I'll await your response (s).
Most followers of other religions will probably give you some form of the same response though. Muslims think that there is a plausible explanation for believing that Allah is the 'one true way' and that it is not blind faith, and also have 'evidence' so to speak to back up why they believe Allah is the way to truth.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:03 PM

5,544 posts, read 9,471,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Most followers of other religions will probably give you some form of the same response though. Muslims think that there is a plausible explanation for believing that Allah is the 'one true way' and that it is not blind faith, and also have 'evidence' so to speak to back up why they believe Allah is the way to truth.
Fair enough.

Yet Christ is unique. His teaching and his life of sacrifice intimates such.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:16 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,933,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerborn2008 View Post
Fair enough.

Yet Christ is unique. His teaching and his life of sacrifice intimates such.
Same argument really. I'm sure every muslim will tell you that Muhammad was also unique because of actions he did which the person finds inspiring or any Buddhist will say Gautama Buhhda was special for other reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam