Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 03:32 AM

58 posts, read 204,664 times

Advertisements

Assalamu Alaykum Brothers and Sisters.
Greetings People of City-Data.

As a 15 year old who knows most of the quran off by heart and is born and raised as a Muslim. [Allhamdulah] I'm here to answer all questions about Islam that you need an answer to.

All my Muslim brothers and sisters can feel free to answer the questions as well. I'm going to answer to the best of my knowledge of Reading the Quran in Arabic and English.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 04:29 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,438,560 times
HH61, why don't you let us know what you believe. I am a Christian but what I believe is different than other Christians. I am what you might consider an extremist or fundamentalist, because I believe that the bible is the truth regardless of how absurd it may appear to be at places.

Do you fast, pray three times a day on a prayer carpet facing mecca? Have you been to the Kabala stone and walked around it? Do you know why the faithful walk around it? Will you slay the infidel? Will you take multiple wives like Mohamad? What do you think the Quaran says? Does it mean something to you personally or are you just saying you are Muslim because you want to receive acceptance from your parrents? or friends?

Old 09-16-2008, 05:06 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,582,011 times
Cool. I read about 4th hand something to the effect of:

Make a bargain with a fellow muslim and it must be kept. Make it with a Jew or Christian and you can break it.

Care to quote the actual saying and elaborate since the internet is so accurate on 4th hand accounts of religious works.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:47 AM

139 posts, read 434,767 times
Hello HH61, I am a Christian I am also a fundamentalist. I also have a few questions for you.

1. Does the Qur’an define the word "Allah"?
2. According to Muslim tradition, was Muhammad born into a Christian family and tribe?
3. Did Muhammad participate in the pagan ceremonies of Mecca?
4. Did different Arab tribes give the Moon-god different names/titles?
5. Is the "Allah" of the Qur’an, the Christian God of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?
6. Do the Jews say that the Muslim "Allah" is their God too?

If these are to hard, I will make a few easier questions.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:55 PM

HH61, if you die will you receive 70 virgins? After the first night in paradise you may end up with 69 or less virgins, maybe none, so for the second night in paradise do you get another 70 virgins? Or do you just get the virgins you lost? Or are you stuck with the first 70?

Has Allah ever answered any of your prayers? Do you know what the prayers mean that you chant or are they just incomprehensible jiberish that you know how to say? Have you ever seen another Muslim shuned or beat up by family members for walking away from Islam?

How can you know that you are going to paradise when you die? What do you have to do to get there?

The Quaran says that if a fly falls in your drink you are to dunk it in because on one side of its wing is a disease and on the other side is the antidote, do you dunk flys in you drink?

Old 09-18-2008, 09:53 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Do you fast, pray three times a day on a prayer carpet facing mecca? Have you been to the Kabala stone and walked around it? Do you know why the faithful walk around it?
muslims fast in ramadan and pray 5 times a day facing mecca
about kaba , for me i was there and i walked around it

about the reasons of this faithfull walk

"Behold! We gave the site, To Abraham, of the (Sacred) House [That is the Kaaba that he built], (Saying): 'Associate not anything (In worship) with Me; And sanctify My House For those who compass it round, Or stand up, Or bow, or prostrate themselves (Therein in prayer). And proclaim the Pilgrimage among men: they will come to thee on foot and (mounted) on every kind of camel, lean on account of journeys through deep and distant mountain highways; (The Noble Quran, 22:26-27)"
As we clearly see in the Noble Verses, Allah Almighty promised Abraham peace be upon him that He will cause for people from all around the world to come and proclaim the pilgrimage to the House (Kaaba) that he built.

this is part of hadeeth
Abraham said, 'O Ishmael! Allah has given me an order.' Ishmael said, 'Do what your Lord has ordered you to do.' Abraham asked, 'Will you help me?' Ishmael said, 'I will help you.' Abraham said, Allah has ordered me to build a house here,' pointing to a hillock higher than the land surrounding it." The Prophet added, "Then they raised the foundations of the House (i.e. the Ka'ba). Ishmael brought the stones and Abraham was building, and when the walls became high, Ishmael brought this stone and put it for Abraham who stood over it and carried on building, while Ishmael was handing him the stones, and both of them were saying, 'O our Lord! Accept (this service) from us, Verily, You are the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing.' The Prophet mohammed (pbuh) added, "Then both of them went on building and going round the Ka'ba saying: O our Lord ! Accept (this service) from us, Verily, You are the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing." (2.127)(Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Prophets, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 583)"

Quote:
Will you slay the infidel? Will you take multiple wives like Mohamad? What do you think the Quaran says?
quote]

allah prohibit us to kill innocents , it's a big sin . if you wanna proofs inform me

about wives it's enough one wife for me
quran says that there is just one God only one we must worship without associtaing anything with him
Quote:
Does it mean something to you personally or are you just saying you are Muslim because you want to receive acceptance from your parrents? or friends?
i'm muslom with by birth, and personally i proud for being a muslim

Old 09-18-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
muslims fast in ramadan and pray 5 times a day facing mecca
about kaba , for me i was there and i walked around it

about the reasons of this faithfull walk

"Behold! We gave the site, To Abraham, of the (Sacred) House [That is the Kaaba that he built], (Saying): 'Associate not anything (In worship) with Me; And sanctify My House For those who compass it round, Or stand up, Or bow, or prostrate themselves (Therein in prayer). And proclaim the Pilgrimage among men: they will come to thee on foot and (mounted) on every kind of camel, lean on account of journeys through deep and distant mountain highways; (The Noble Quran, 22:26-27)"
As we clearly see in the Noble Verses, Allah Almighty promised Abraham peace be upon him that He will cause for people from all around the world to come and proclaim the pilgrimage to the House (Kaaba) that he built.

this is part of hadeeth
Abraham said, 'O Ishmael! Allah has given me an order.' Ishmael said, 'Do what your Lord has ordered you to do.' Abraham asked, 'Will you help me?' Ishmael said, 'I will help you.' Abraham said, Allah has ordered me to build a house here,' pointing to a hillock higher than the land surrounding it." The Prophet added, "Then they raised the foundations of the House (i.e. the Ka'ba). Ishmael brought the stones and Abraham was building, and when the walls became high, Ishmael brought this stone and put it for Abraham who stood over it and carried on building, while Ishmael was handing him the stones, and both of them were saying, 'O our Lord! Accept (this service) from us, Verily, You are the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing.' The Prophet mohammed (pbuh) added, "Then both of them went on building and going round the Ka'ba saying: O our Lord ! Accept (this service) from us, Verily, You are the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing." (2.127)(Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Prophets, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 583)"

quote]

allah prohibit us to kill innocents , it's a big sin . if you wanna proofs inform me

about wives it's enough one wife for me
quran says that there is just one God only one we must worship without associtaing anything with him

i'm muslom with by birth, and personally i proud for being a muslim
Then, why did Mohammad incorperate the Kaba stone into Islam. The Kaba stone was part of his uncles religion. His uncle had his priests walk around the stone. I don't think that they thought it was a stone belonging to Abraham or Issac.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:38 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,882,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
Can you tell me the Islamic definition of 'innocents' and 'not innocents'?

Old 09-18-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Then, why did Mohammad incorperate the Kaba stone into Islam. The Kaba stone was part of his uncles religion. His uncle had his priests walk around the stone. I don't think that they thought it was a stone belonging to Abraham or Issac.
yes , it was part of his uncle relegion , but they didn't worshipped the almighty God , they worshipped the idoles
and yes they knew that this building belong to abraham and they knew that this building belong to God , they knew that it's relegious building

did you hear about elephant event with kaba before birth of mohammed (pbuh) which happened in the year called year of elephant ?
the details of this story you can find it here
Tafsir.com Tafsir Ibn Kathir

but i will just focus in the convesation between abd almoataleb with abraha who intend to destroy Kaba

When they approached the area of At-Ta'if, its people -- the people of Thaqif -- went out to Abrahah. They wanted to appease him because they were fearful for their place of worship, which they called Al-Lat. Abrahah was kind to them and they sent a man named Abu Righal with him as a guide. When they reached a place known as Al-Mughammas, which is near Makkah, they settled there. Then he sent his troops on a foray to capture the camels and other grazing animals of the Makkans, which they did, including about two hundred camels belonging to `Abdul-Muttalib. The leader of this particular expedition was a man named Al-Aswad bin Mafsud. According to what Ibn Ishaq mentioned, some of the Arabs used to satirize him (because of the part he played in this historical in this historical incident). Then Abrahah sent an emissary named Hanatah Al-Himyari to enter Makkah, commanding him to bring the head of the Quraysh to him. He also commanded him to inform him that the king will not fight the people of Makkah unless they try to prevent him from the destruction of the Ka`bah.
Hanatah went to the city and he was directed to `Abdul-Muttalib bin Hashim (grandfather of the prophet), to whom he relayed Abrahah's message. `Abdul-Muttalib replied, "By Allah! We have no wish to fight him, nor are we in any position to do so. This is the Sacred House of Allah, and the house of His Khalil, Ibrahim, and if He wishes to prevent him (Abrahah) from (destroying) it, it is His House and His Sacred Place (to do so). And if He lets him approachit, by Allah, We have no means to defend it from him.''
So Hanatah told him, "Come with me to him (Abrahah).'' And so `Abdul-Muttalib went with him. When Abrahah saw him, he was impressed by him, because `Abdul-Muttalib was a large and handsome man. So Abrahah descended from his seat and sat with him on a carpet on the ground. Then he asked his translator to say to him, "What do you need'' `Abdul-Muttalib replied to the translator, "I want the king to return my camels which he has taken from me which are two hundred in number.''

Abrahah then told his translator to tell him, "I was impressed by you when I first saw you, but now I withdraw from you after you have spoken to me. You are asking me about two hundred camels which I have taken from you and you leave the matter of a house which is (thefoundation of) religion and the religion of your fathers, which I have come to destroy and you do not speak to me about it'' `Abdul-Muttalib said to him, "Verily, I am the lord of the camels. As for the House, it has its Lord Who will defend it.'' Abrahah said, "I cannot be prevented (from destroying it).'' `Abdul-Muttalib answered, "Then do so.''

so , mekkans considered the kabah as a part of thier relegion , they knew that kabah is belong to almighty God and thier grandfathers abraham and ismaiel (pbut)

thier relegion was the same relegion of abraham but through the time they misguided the way of abraham and worshiped the idoles beside before the almighty God

Old 09-18-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Can you tell me the Islamic definition of 'innocents' and 'not innocents'?
islam hasn't different defination for this word
innocent in islam involved muslims and nonmuslims

17-33 And do not kill anyone which Allah has forbidden, except for a just cause. And whoever is killed (intentionally with hostility and oppression and not by mistake), We have given his heir the authority ((to demand Qisas, Law of Equality in punishment or to forgive, or to take Diya (blood money)). But let him not exceed limits in the matter of taking life (i.e he should not kill except the killer only). Verily, he is helped (by the Islamic law).

the words in brackets are for explanation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam