Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 11:44 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,249,961 times

Advertisements

In Islam, Jesus (`Isa in Arabic) is considered one of the five greatest prophets sent by God to mankind. Muslims’ knowledge about Jesus is based on the two main sources of Islamic knowledge: the Qur’an and Hadith. In the Qur’an, Jesus is referred to as `Isa ibn Maryam, or Jesus, the son of Mary. The story of Mary and Jesus is best described in the Qur’an in the surahs of Aal `Imran and Maryam.

The Story of Mary and the Birth of Jesus - Reading Islam.com

Last edited by Alpha8207; 10-10-2008 at 11:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 05:49 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,843,119 times
Good post. I have read the story of Jesus and Maryam in The Qur'an several times,which I loved it so much. In Arabic of course .

Last edited by Mona Mee; 10-11-2008 at 05:59 PM..

Old 10-13-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaliza View Post
Good post. I have read the story of Jesus and Maryam in The Qur'an several times,which I loved it so much. In Arabic of course .
thank you

and if you like to listen to it here it is

YouTube - the storyof mary and jesus in the quran

Old 10-13-2008, 03:33 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,843,119 times
Thank you for you Tube link ,,, It is my first time I read The Qur'an in English , It was difficult but great .

Old 10-15-2008, 01:03 PM

373 posts, read 256,806 times
Muslims definitely believe in Jesus, they just don't believe that Jesus is the son of God. From what I know from talking to people, muslims believe that o one gave birth to God and God did not give birth to anyone. That being said, muslims believe that Jesus was a great prophet.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:54 AM

118 posts, read 246,741 times
Thank you all :moonsun and monaliza..

Quote:
Originally Posted by favoured View Post
Muslims definitely believe in Jesus, they just don't believe that Jesus is the son of God. From what I know from talking to people, muslims believe that o one gave birth to God and God did not give birth to anyone. That being said, muslims believe that Jesus was a great prophet.
Yes, it is right ...Thank you ...

Muslims are believe in Jesus as prophet .....

Old 10-17-2008, 12:19 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
So do Muslims believe that Muhammed is The Messiah?

Old 10-17-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post

Muslims believe in a chain of prophets starting with Adam and including Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Job, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon, Elias, Jonah, John the Baptist, and Jesus, peace be upon them. But God's final message to man, a reconfirmation of the eternal message and a summing-up of all that has gone before was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad through Gabriel.

Understanding Islam and the Muslims - What do Muslims believe?

Last edited by moonsun; 10-17-2008 at 02:42 PM..

Old 10-18-2008, 01:21 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post

muslims and quran called the prophet jesus (pbuh) "the massiah Isa bn mariam"

but i remeber that i read once before that hebrew bible called many otheres as massiah .
Messiah (Hebrew: משיח‎; mashiah, moshiah, mashiach, or moshiach, ("anointed [one]") is a term used in the Hebrew Bible to describe priests and kings, who were traditionally anointed. For example, Cyrus the Great, the king of Persia, is referred to as "God's anointed" (Messiah) in the Bible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Messianism

anyway muslims didn't called mohammed ( pbuh) by massiah
in islam and in arabic quran massiah refer to just jesus (pbuh)

in islam Jesus Christ is called Al-Masseeh المسيح which means the-wiper or the-Rubber as he used to wipe on the eye of the blind to recover their eyesight and also used to wipe on those infected with leprosy to cure them.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:18 PM

42And when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah hath chosen thee and made thee pure, and hath preferred thee above (all) the women of creation.

43O Mary! Be obedient to thy Lord, prostrate thyself and bow with those who bow (in worship).

44This is of the tidings of things hidden. We reveal it unto thee (Muhammad). Thou wast not present with them when they threw their pens (to know) which of them should be the guardian of Mary, nor wast thou present with them when they quarrelled (thereupon).

45(And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (unto Allah).

46He will speak unto mankind in his cradle and in his manhood, and he is of the righteous.

47She said: My Lord! How can I have a child when no mortal hath touched me? He said: So (it will be). Allah createth what He will. If He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is.

48And He will teach him the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel,

49And will make him a messenger unto the Children of Israel, (saying): Lo! I come unto you with a sign from your Lord. Lo! I fashion for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, and I breathe into it and it is a bird, by Allah's leave. I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I raise the dead, by Allah's leave. And I announce unto you what ye eat and what ye store up in your houses. Lo! herein verily is a portent for you, if ye are to be believers.

50And (I come) confirming that which was before me of the Torah, and to make lawful some of that which was forbidden unto you. I come unto you with a sign from your Lord, so keep your duty to Allah and obey me.

51Lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam