Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 12:53 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
ok, so elwill's unclear english is the fault here. To me,
sounds like "ask her. She is a muslim female. She knows what muslim females go through," ie ask you as an example.

*edit*
This.
i apologize for that

my intendence was just to say to you : lets not to ask nonmuslims about what muslim females feel , i myself didn't give you my openion because i'm not female , but i asked you to ask mommytotwo ( female muslim convert )

to be fair you should to ask a muslim woman herself about her feels instead of to know it from anti_islamic media

see this vedio , he says what i meant to say

YouTube - Islamic Teaching : Woman According to...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 02:19 AM

862 posts, read 2,621,355 times
Quote:
so to what extent, as a muslim woman, do you have rights?
In most Islamic countries, if the women tried to speak like they do here on-line, they would be beaten and told to shut up. Remember, a woman cannot even drive a car in Saudi Arabia.

Women's Rights and Islam are polar opposites.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:29 AM

790 posts, read 1,733,107 times
Quote:
i apologize for that
no need to

Old 01-23-2009, 02:56 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
In most Islamic countries, if the women tried to speak like they do here on-line, they would be beaten and told to shut up. Remember, a woman cannot even drive a car in Saudi Arabia.

Women's Rights and Islam are polar opposites.
okey , tell me why they cannot even drive a car ?
i really don't know why , i'm raised as a muslim and i lives in muslim society and i know my relegion very well
and guess what ?
i never heared any muslims or any shaihk said that women prohibited to even drive a car in islam

did you ask saudi why ? did they said to you that it's the commands of allah ?!! (just curious )

is there any other countries prohibited women from drive ?
can you be more objective !!!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 03:21 AM

862 posts, read 2,621,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
okey , tell me why they cannot even drive a car ?
i really don't know why , i'm raised as a muslim and i lives in muslim society and i know my relegion very well
and guess what ?
i never heared any muslims or any shaihk said that women prohibited to even drive a car in islam

did you ask saudi why ? did they said to you that it's the commands of allah ?!! (just curious )

is there any other countries prohibited women from drive ?
can you be more objective !!!!!
The answer is simple. Islam/The Koran is a religion and book that makes women a form of property. The purpose of women is to serve men, breed and have children, to keep their mouths closed and to have as many kids as possible.

Even the son of Hamas' founder, Mosab Hassan Yousef, left Islam and stated that anyone who follows Islam is crazy.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:31 AM

790 posts, read 1,733,107 times
Quote:
did you ask saudi why ?
isn't it because they practice Wahabism while you probably don't?

Old 01-23-2009, 09:12 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,348,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
The answer is simple. Islam/The Koran is a religion and book that makes women a form of property. The purpose of women is to serve men, breed and have children, to keep their mouths closed and to have as many kids as possible.

Even the son of Hamas' founder, Mosab Hassan Yousef, left Islam and stated that anyone who follows Islam is crazy.
Ok, lbear, you've come into this thread, with no apparent opinion that you have stated thus far on the actual topic of the thread.

Why don't you back up your above statement about women being property, if you don't mind. where in the Quran does it say that women are a form of property whose purpose is to serve men and breed and have as many children as possible?

Old 01-23-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
isn't it because they practice Wahabism while you probably don't?
that could be why they don't allow women to drive but what elwill is trying to say is there is no justification in the Quran for women not being able to drive.

I don't know a lot about the Wahabis but they are very, very strict. I am sure the Saudi Gov't has some twisted religious reason for this ban. I think it's just to limit their freedom of movement, if you ask me.

then again, depending on what they are requiring a woman to wear, maybe that plays a part. While I think a headscarf would not hinder driving, completely covering the head with only a slit for the eyes seems like it might diminsh the range of vision. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable driving like that.

I have heard that women can drive outside the cities there??

Makes no sense to me.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
so to what extent, as a muslim woman, do you have rights?
I have the same rights I did before I was muslim.

A couple of extra, I got a "dowry" when I got married. If I get a divorce, I get the same amount when I get divorced. (or double, I can't remember) My DH HAS to provide my necessities and the necessities of the family. There are others but they are really basic rights (that were exceptional for women 1400 years ago) in the current time.

I can go on and on about the rights I have as a Muslim female but they are rights for the most part I already enjoyed. My DH and I don't do research to figure out how I should be treated. We treat each other with mutual respect, and like human beings.

If my life was extremely different before and after being a muslim, I'd be able to tell you more about the differences.

I just so happen to be American and Muslim. If you ask Muslim women from various places and from varying levels of adherence to the religion and followers of varying schools of thought, you are going to get a variety of different answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam