Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 07:13 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,520,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
i think he was very good in christianity because he is very good in islam
and i think he can explain christianity and islam to christians in a better way

YouTube - HOW YUSUF ESTES AND FRIENDS CONVERTED TO ISLAM (PART 4)
If he converted to Islam, he was never a Christian in the first place. You don't jump from the frying pan into the fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 07:34 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times
so sorry for YOU, god or no god, thou hast been farmed out into third person..., third class so to speak..

no wonder, thou hast stopped speaking to me.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:05 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthefence View Post
This article Yahshua, Yehoshua, Y'shua, Yeshua, Iesous, Iesus, or Jesus The Sacred Name or True Name Tells you most of what you need to know about the name Jesus. Read the WHOLE thing. If you only read the first paragraph you'll get the wrong impression.

his true name sound like Iesa or Eisa or Isa
the first letter of his true name does not exist in the English letters .
and his name in arabic means the word of God or created by the word of God

the nearest letter in english is a, e or i and i think the one who translated his name to english he choose the first letter J by mistake or by translation misunderstanding
he was supposed to use the letter I or E for the first name letter of Jesus name
then the true name in Arabic and the translated name in English will be very close

in your link Iesous was one the names and if we remove the last two letters us then the name in English will match the name in Arabic.

so Jesus his true name is not Jesus

but iesa as it is pronounced in the quran

and this one of translation errors in the bibles

Old 03-24-2009, 04:00 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,579 times

YouTube - Eso = Jesus real name where did the J&S come from

Old 05-06-2009, 10:29 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
do you find the word God in the original langauge of the holy books

or do you find a name for God in the original langauge of the holy books
sound like God

i want to know how the name of God became God

is there any verse saying or meaning some thing like my name is God
The bible was translated so we could understand the bible. In the original language, if you go and read and look for your self it will say names like Yahweh, Elohim, Adonai and so forth.

You will never find the word allah, and the names that was given does not translate to allah.

The word was translated from the word saying.

en archE eimi ho logos kai ho logos
in original was the saying and the saying was toward

ho theos kai theos eimi ho logos
the God and God was the saying

houtos eimi en archE pros ho theos
this was in original toward the God

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was God in the beginning.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,410 times
[SIZE=3]the word God derived from Gaut, or Guthan (hero of the Goths) which derived from Godama, a patriarchal name[/SIZE][1][SIZE=3] of Siddhartha Godama, and how this word God, and another variation of Buddha, Bot, as long as Sakya (Prakrit Saka) would go on to form many modern European words, such as the modern English words; good, guide, guard, code, boot, bot, bid, body, boat, booty, beauty, but, butter, seek, sake, sock, saga, to “name” a few. I will give a widely repeated etymology of the word God and cite the work of mainly one wonderful scholar with well respected etymologies, Mr. Max Muller. The reader, in a general sense, may feel that I am implying all things are Buddhists, and by extension they may conceive that I am Buddhist. But they would be wrong as I am neither a Buddhist, and although, in a general sense I recognize that Buddhism has heavily influenced nearly all things of our present time, East, West, North, South, I would never state that one system could have influenced, ‘all things’. I do not believe that I overstate the previous remark about Buddhist influence because, as Max Muller has shown regarding the creators of zero, which he failed to recognize as Buddhist[/SIZE][2][SIZE=3]; regarding their mark he states, “from it would date in reality the beginning of true mathematical science, impossible without the naught—nay, the beginning of all the exact sciences to which we owe the discoveries of the telescope, steam engine, and electric telegraph.” And obviously today we could include everything from nuclear weapons to the internet, etc.., but maybe even more influential then the previous, has been Buddhism’s subtle contributions to the world’s development. For instance, when the West conspired to stop Communist expansionism by first mapping out the foothills of the Nepali Himalayas to Lhasa Tibet, to do this they used a Buddhist monk who counted his steps by using his rosary as an abacus; furthermore, by doing this he must have counted many millions of steps, which along with his read of the altitude, were, according to British Intelligence, extremely precise. Also we could say, for better or worse, that mindless gaze practiced by many of the worlds armies may also be due to Buddhist or Indian influence. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Furthermore, since ancient Buddhist artifacts have been found in places such as Scandinavia, Britain, parts of northwest Africa, central Asia and China; and since there is good evidence supporting Chinese Buddhist texts that mention a forth century monk journeying to the Americas, or what is referred to as a great mass of land across the Pacific ocean[/SIZE][3][SIZE=3], it could be correctly said that Buddhism, in pre-modern times, has had a member of its faith placed on almost every landmass in the world. But it is my opinion that Buddhism’s greatest contribution has yet to come, and that is its ability to, before destroying itself, it happens to be quite effective at destroying dogma, speculation, and irrelevances, which are precisely those things which have separated the Theists from both each other and others. And with this in mind I would like to remind the reader that we have yet to account for why Buddhism, as it is now named, is so often described as, accurately or not, an ‘Atheistic Religion’, a term that for obvious reasons cannot be reconciled with in any “religion”, unless we take the word religion to be defined by its folk etymology, according to Cicero, of, ‘re-read’. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]It has been argued by many that Buddhism does not hold its founder to be a God, indeed in his own words when questioned if he was a deva or man the Buddha replied, “neither, rather I am awake”. But Buddhism claims to be both everything and nothing, therefore the reader should not be surprised to find out that not only was the Buddha God, as we use the word now, but also a goal of the Buddha, as seen from his only wish, was that every being, from the smallest to the largest, should gain the “body of a Buddha” and it was probably with this in mind that some Buddhist say, “The Buddha liberates beings, and by this the Buddha is liberated”. Although there is no definitive definition to God as it is used to represent a particular entity it can be said that this figure is an older male, and I assume that most people holding this view also have the image of this male figure as being mystically youthful and among a few other agreed upon traits as a being who was present before the formation of the world and whose image can be seen within all beings. Now it might surprise the readers to know that all of the previous were also said of the Buddha[/SIZE][4][SIZE=3], but also that the Buddha, according to several traditions, has caused all creatures to enter the path leading to Buddhahood. This is to say that they are promised their own world-system where they can nurture and culture beings as a God. The case for Buddha being a “God” could be made further but an excerpt from The Worship of the Dead Or the Origin and Nature of Primitive Idolitry should suffice; [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]“Sakya Muni is called ““Buddha” but ”Buddha” is a title which was in existence before it was applied to him. It was a title of the Supreme God, similar to such titles as “The Almighty”, “The Self-Existent” and meant “The Omniscient” or “All Wise”; and the old Buddhist, Amirta Nanda Bandhya, told Mr. Hodgson that the name in esoteric Buddhism always meant “God”.[/SIZE]

[1] It should be noted here that the earliest Buddhists placed absolutely no significance on names, such as in the Nama-siddha Jataka, and although this is believed to have first appeared in writing as late as the fourth century it summarizes the Pali belief in words, and also noted is that when Buddha speaks of Buddhas the names are Sanskritized and so we see that their names were only character traits, i.e. the Buddha ‘Banner of Courage’, or ‘Glad Magnanimity’, or ‘Celestial Tamer’. Also see parinamana. .

[2] The originators of zero must have believed that all numbers could back dissolved back into nothingness and that ultimate reality comes forth from ultimate emptiness, hence we see the idea that two negitives times each other equal a positive, which is strictly Buddhist. The Sanskrit NA, besides representing Buddha, means negation or not and forms the words for knowledge and consciousness. Also noted is that uniquely the Buddhist texts show the Buddha to always assign the categories of good bad and neutral to karmas and their relation to the mind (citta) which, like zero, was taught by the Buddha as being the source to all things and infinite space ; Buddha says, “Buddha is like space, he can hold all things yet nothing can hold him”—here Buddha and space could be substituted with zero. Also, I find that the middle path of the Buddhists is numerically equivalent to zero, but it should also be noted that Dr, Christian Lindtner has shown good reason to believe that the zero was conceived of by the Pythagoreans. Finally, I cite a verse from the Avatamasaka sutra, “In understanding infinity, within infinity, one, which is baseless ” and also there are many other Buddhist verses showing they understood infinity to be dependant on nothingness, or zero.

[3][SIZE=3] See the book An Inglorious Columbus, Or, Evidence that Hwui Shăn and a Party of Buddhists reached America in 499 a.d.[/SIZE]

[4] The Mahayana holds that the Buddha only appears to be ignorant of his prophecy of Buddhahood (Pali texts show him to be aloof) to this the Lotus sutra adds that the Buddha is a being who has eternally dwelled with our present lot of humanity. In the earliest of Buddhist art there has never been found a representation of the Buddha showing him to be old or aged in any manner and in the Buddhist texts the most we get regarding the ageing process of the Buddha is from the Mahaparinibbana sutta. Also the reader should know, that like Jesus, many racial identities have claimed the Buddha as having heritable blood. I have seen claims that he was the following races; Caucasoid, Negroid, Capoid, Mongoloid, and it should be noted that the Australoid race is believed to have originated precisely from the region where the Buddha was believed to have been from, and if any where to attempt a connection regarding the Buddha being an Asutraloid this would mean that virtually all races would have “members” claiming the Buddha was related to them. Scholars usually agree that either there was a historical figure Siddhartha Godama from an eastern branch of the Scythians, or that the earliest identity of this mythical figure shows him to be a Saka, or Sakya with the patriarchal name Godama. As to his “racial identity” (a loaded term) the reader should know that it is difficult to trace bloodlines (loaded) when a group is surrounded on many sides by other groups, such was the case with the early Scythians.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:25 PM

3 posts, read 3,958 times
in Arabic it Mean worship

Old 07-06-2009, 11:00 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,779 times
The words God in English, Yahweh in Hebrew and Allah in Arabic are synonyms of the Creator in these languages.

In other words, the speakers of these languages call the Creator by these names which are English, Hebrew and Arabic names.

But God Himself is not English, Hebrew or Arab in the nationality; He is the Creator of all beings, and He is the Lord of the worlds and nations.

He revealed the heavenly books and sent the messengers with the same languages as their peoples.

Therefore, insisting to name God as God, Yahweh or Allah (or Khodah in Persian and Kurdish) indicates only the narrow mindedness and fanatism.

The word Allah in Arabic originally is Al-ilah which means: the god.

To prove my words are true: see that Christian Arabs call God as Allah in Arabic as is it written Allah in the Arabic translations of the Bible.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:33 AM

239 posts, read 402,663 times
Maybe Where did the word “GOD” originate? will help.
Basically "God"("good" has same origin) originated from a germanic word, "gad", which came from Indo-European and it meant "invoked one" and is considered to be similar to the Sanskrit word "Hu".

Old 07-07-2009, 07:30 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
God is a human name given to a creator. It doesn't matter what you call Him as long as you call Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam