Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 08:25 AM

433 posts, read 964,305 times

Advertisements

i guess when we're dead, we'll be in the same state that we were before being conceived/born. nothing. nada. just poof....it sucks and actually tough to think about if you 'actually' think about it....but it's the reality folks. :-) show me proof of contrary and we can talk ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 11:28 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Make up your mind. Is this a "free" gift or do we have to "pay" for it? You have claimed both in this thread, proving once again you know not that of which you speak.

A classic example of someone with no validity to their arguement putting their own words out there and claiming another said them. Campbell, read what you quoted. I never mentioned "a moral life", you did. If you follow your precious buybulls teaching exactly, you will find that you do not live a moral life at all. It is a rigged proposition so that no one can.

As for eternal life, prove it. Have you been there? Known any real person to have been there and come back to report on it? Your version of morals benefiting anyone?

Answer to all questions: NO. Just wishful thinking (imagining) by yet another who cannot bear to see other people live their lives without his permission.

You know, your arguements are becoming even more pathetic the more you post.
Salvation is free, Jesus paid the price for us on the cross with His own blood. And long ago, God gave me a small glimpse of heaven. (It's a real place), and it's a place I will never forget. And I look forward to the day when God will allow me to return. And once you have been there, you understand, it is todays mentality, and human reasoning that is so pathetic. It's really sad to see how humans work so hard trying to find new ways to dig deeper shafts into hell. And your right, none of us will ever be moral. Yet when we give our life to Jesus, we try to live that moral life. And that is where the difference comes in. Trying to be like Jesus, is better than not trying at all. Trying to live like Jesus, only shows God (our love for Him). Yet, our works of good cannot save us. Our salvation, (only,) comes from His blood sacrifice.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:30 AM

433 posts, read 964,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Salvation is free, Jesus paid the price for us on the cross with His own blood. And long ago, God gave me a small glimpse of heaven. (It's a real place), and it's a place I will never forget. And I look forward to the day when God will allow me to return. And once you have been there, you understand, it is todays mentality, and human reasoning that is so pathetic. It's really sad to see how humans work so hard trying to find new ways to dig deeper shafts into hell. And your right, none of us will ever be moral. Yet when we give our life to Jesus, we try to live that moral life. And that is where the difference comes in. Trying to be like Jesus, is better than not trying at all. Trying to live like Jesus, only shows God (our love for Him). Yet, are works of good cannot save us. Our salvation, (only,) comes from His blood sacrifice.
....umm....do you by any chance have a shred of proof?

Old 07-13-2009, 04:56 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence-is-key View Post
i guess when we're dead, we'll be in the same state that we were before being conceived/born. nothing. nada. just poof....it sucks and actually tough to think about if you 'actually' think about it....but it's the reality folks. :-) show me proof of contrary and we can talk ;-)
Try living in a actual haunted house... it will make you question your reality. It does for me anyway.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:44 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Salvation is free, Jesus paid the price for us on the cross with His own blood. And long ago, God gave me a small glimpse of heaven. (It's a real place), and it's a place I will never forget. And I look forward to the day when God will allow me to return. And once you have been there, you understand, it is todays mentality, and human reasoning that is so pathetic. It's really sad to see how humans work so hard trying to find new ways to dig deeper shafts into hell. And your right, none of us will ever be moral. Yet when we give our life to Jesus, we try to live that moral life. And that is where the difference comes in. Trying to be like Jesus, is better than not trying at all. Trying to live like Jesus, only shows God (our love for Him). Yet, our works of good cannot save us. Our salvation, (only,) comes from His blood sacrifice.
Let me get this straight, our "salvation" comes thru this alleged jesus. Our damnation comes thru this alleged god (for not exhibiting slavelike devotion and mindlessly following his irrational decrees). And they are one in the same entity.

Do you really not see the problem with this concept? If this entity were real, he set up a rigged game for his own amusement, the terms of which are nothing but cruelty.

BTW, you never answered how you differentiate between "free" and "pay". You say some mystical good guy already paid a price for all, yet claim that we must "give" everything we have to him. Sounds like a cult.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:04 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
You say some mystical good guy already paid a price for all, yet claim that we must "give" everything we have to him. Sounds like a cult.
Brace yourself; I predict you're going to get some language slung at you for that one!

Old 07-15-2009, 12:50 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Brace yourself; I predict you're going to get some language slung at you for that one!
That's okay. I just consider the source, which automatically disqualifies it as anything meanful.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,153 times
Atheists and agnostics are right in most of their thinking It has been common among religious believers to look with misgiving at atheists and agnostics, and to think that they are mistaken; however, in many instances the opposite is the truth; some religious beliefs are not just baseless, but obsolete and irrelevant. It is unbelievable how myths and a religious fantasy have influenced human minds with more strength than reality!Most people don’t dare to confront their religious doubts; they are afraid of abandoning the “certainty” of their convictions, and opt for the status quo. The “God” of main line traditions simply does not exist. I accepted the challenge of finding the One who may be recognized even by agnostics and atheists, and came to the conclusion that God isn’t other than the Existence itself; and the Existence is, “I am,” the total existence, “All-That-Is.”There is a book most probably not written for you, but perhaps useful for some of your religious friends who still think that you are wrong and they are right: “Christianity Reformed From ist Roots.” It might help them to be relieved of the illusion, as I did myself. Distinguished philosophers and thinkers might give you an idea of this book—perhaps a generation ahead of time for most believers—(links below); or you might look at excerpts at Amazon.com.Jairo Mejia, M. Psych., Santa Clara UniversityEpiscopal Priest, RetiredCarmel Valley, Californiahttp://www.mbay.net/~jmejia/Grudzen.htmhttp://www.mbay.net/~jmejia/Churcher.htm

Old 08-15-2009, 06:15 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
GB Shaw wanted to be totally worn out from excitement ! Then he would skid into death, or something to that effect. I am a Deist. I trust nature to work with me in anything that comes after. Who says that it has to resemble this Earthly passage ? The material world is only one a fraction of existence. Energy transforms, it isn't destroyed. Life is a gift. I never asked for it. But I am so thankful for life. I don't need religion. I need trust, and gratitude.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:27 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,223 times
I'm still not sure if proselytizing christers got the deceitful tactic of claiming salvation is FREE* from spammers or the other way around. Either way it's a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam