Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 01:30 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
What planet are you from?

Question:
Why are rape victims punished by Islamic courts as adulterers?

Summary Answer:

Under Islamic law, rape can only be proven if the rapist confesses or if there are four male witnesses. Women who allege rape, without the benefit of the act having been witnessed by four men who subsequently develop a conscience, are actually confessing to having sex. If they or the accused happens to be married, then it is considered to be adultery.

The Qur'an:

Sura 2:282 - Establishes that a woman's testimony is worth only half that of a man's in court (there is no "he said/she said" gridlock in Islam).

Sura (24:4) - "And those who accuse free women then do not bring four witnesses (to adultery), flog them..."

Sura (24:13) - "Why did they not bring four witnesses of it? But as they have not brought witnesses they are liars before Allah."

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (5:59:462) - The background for the Qur'anic requirement of four witnesses to adultery. Muhammad's favorite wife, Aisha, was accused of cheating [on her polygamous husband]. Three witnesses corroborated the event, but Muhammad did not want to accept it, and so established the arbitrary rule that four witnesses are required.

Additional Notes:

Rape is virtually impossible to prove under Islamic law (Sharia) and even in more moderate countries. If the man claims that the act was consensual sex, there is very little that the woman can do to refute this. Islam places the burden of avoiding sexual encounters of any sort on the woman.
i'm not going to change the subject
i'm sure from my informtion about my religion , even the verses you cited are about adultery not rape and all of them are out of context
but the first one actually have nothing to do with any crimes , you need to read the verse in it's context
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 01:41 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,520,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i'm not going to change the subject
i'm sure from my informtion about my religion , even the verses you cited are about adultery not rape and all of them are out of context
but the first one actually have nothing to do with any crimes , you need to read the verse in it's context
Of course they are elwill. Same old response when you are backed in a corner.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:00 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
Of course they are elwill. Same old response when you are backed in a corner.
Wow...you sure know how to twist and turn and quote out of context

Old 03-15-2009, 02:05 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Man oh man Shawn...your ignorance of Islam and the Last Prophet is so awe-inspiring Btw..Jesus never claimed to the messiah. In fact, he did tell his disciples that he need to go coz if he did not then the paracles (messiah) would not come.
Your ignorance of Jesus shows that you refuse to believe who is says that He is. And what is really funny that you are trying to tell us about a particular scripture with the wrong word. Your right ignorance is bliss, and it can be contagious.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:12 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,520,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Wow...you sure know how to twist and turn and quote out of context
How did I do that? They sound like they fit to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam