Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 03:50 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
any objections
No, dude. Keep'em coming. It's always good to read about the other side.

But strictly out of curiosity, have you "sane" practitioners of the Islamic faith ever tried to talk to the "insane" beheading ones about why they distort this faith so bad?

If only you guys explain your theories to your own fellas in the faith, how better of a PR Islam will have today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 09:48 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Hang on a second, where's braderjoe? I see elwill continuing the campaign. Are you guys working in shifts?
Tadaaa! Yup. We can debate till the cows come home
as the Quran says :
'To you your religion and to me mine"

so as you say lets shift the guns on the atheists..

Old 03-17-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Very accurate . . . after all some of them are willing to blow themselves up for this Allah of theirs because of the strength of their ridiculous beliefs just to destroy a few infidels or Jews. A forum debate is going to achieve nothing.
Boy...that broom of yours must be worn out by now...what with all that the general, blind sweeping statements of yours

Old 03-17-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
No, dude. Keep'em coming. It's always good to read about the other side.

But strictly out of curiosity, have you "sane" practitioners of the Islamic faith ever tried to talk to the "insane" beheading ones about why they distort this faith so bad?

If only you guys explain your theories to your own fellas in the faith, how better of a PR Islam will have today?
You are right....we should..just as you guys should have a chat with those in power who use religion to justify invading other countries...

Old 03-17-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I do agree with you, elwill. I think religious texts can be used for many purposes (good or evil) as history has proven time and again. Sadly, it is the human race that takes advantage of such things for its own maligned purposes.

Oh, I can understand that too, elwill. Believe me, I don't think the U.S. being in Iraq was justified in any way whatsoever and I wholeheartedly disagreed with it from the very first day. I was not trying to imply that I was surprised that they shot rockets at us but that the same book my friend Muhammad clearly used to be such a generous and wonderful person was the same book the Muslims shooting at us used to ultimately justify their actions - the holy jihad handed down by a fatwah determined by a religious zealot somewhere. Believe me, I could understand them just being pissed off and shooting at us because we invaded, but I'm rather certain there was much more behind it than just that.
Wa alaikum assalam
Its nice to hear you had positive experiences with muslims my friend and that you realise a little that just like christianity, islam is interpreted widely from one end to another. Its a matter of following one's heart on which form one wants to emulate.
Its easy to get carried away by the media's potrayal of muslims until one forgets that the majority of muslims are just like your average joe with normal worries of jobs,kids etc etc.
Believe me, the violent form is not one the Prophet s.a.w would approve. Fight only in self defence. The often quoted word of 'jihad' is quite often misunderstood by both the West and some of the muslims themselves. Jihad means struggle within oneself - struggle against one's lusts, weakness etc etc - not specifially struggle as in take arms.
I believe those who blow themselves up are often mislead by certain individuals who use these people for their own purposes but 'brainwash' them in a way that the fight is for religion. The violence in Iraq right now is more to sectarian and political rather than religious despite seeming to be so. Sometimes desperation can drive people to do anything - take Palesine as an example.
What is happening is complicated not just happened all of a sudden. Colonialism played an important role is unleashing all that happened in these past decades.
As Elwill said, you are very welcome in any muslim lands be it in the Middle-east or in S.E. Asia (where i'm in). We warmly welcome guests

Old 03-17-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I have a question about the religion of Islam...How do Muslims feel about homosexuality?
You know all about the Prophet Lut a.s (or Lot) and what happened right?
Yes..homosexuals/lesbians folks are your average guys with good and bad among them, I agree but the act itself is unnatural. In Islam, it is a grave sin. It is the Creator's command and I submit to that. It is said that one who does anal will not smell paradise.
There is no compromise on that. No diluting of that. No closing one eye on that. No aplogies for that.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:05 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I have a question about the religion of Islam...How do Muslims feel about homosexuality?

the act and a male gets another male is very disgusting

if they are caught then both of them should be killed or at least this is the punishment in Islam for such act (of course if both of them did it with out any force or rape)

it is not a human nature act
and i dont know if the animals do it

Verily, by thy life (O Prophet), in their wild intoxication, they wander in distraction, to and fro.

But the (mighty) Blast overtook them before morning,

And We turned (the cities) upside down, and rained down on them brimstones hard as baked clay.

Behold! in this are Signs for those who by tokens do understand.

"Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males,

"And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing (all limits)!"

When Our Decree issued, We turned (the cities) upside down, and rained down on them brimstones hard as baked clay, spread, layer on layer,-

And (remember) Lut: behold, he said to his people: "Ye do commit lewdness, such as no people in Creation (ever) committed before you.

"Do ye indeed approach men, and cut off the highway?- and practise wickedness (even) in your councils?" But his people gave no answer but this: they said: "Bring us the Wrath of Allah if thou tellest the truth."

And when Our Messengers came to Lut, he was grieved on their account, and felt himself powerless (to protect) them: but they said: "Fear thou not, nor grieve: we are (here) to save thee and thy following, except thy wife: she is of those who lag behind.

"For we are going to bring down on the people of this township a Punishment from heaven, because they have been wickedly rebellious."

Old 03-18-2009, 07:40 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post

it is not a human nature act
and i dont know if the animals do it

Does it honestly matter? Animals commit cannibalism and other horrible things...should we use that to justify such behavior?

Old 03-18-2009, 09:13 AM

33,531 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
You know all about the Prophet Lut a.s (or Lot) and what happened right?
Yes..homosexuals/lesbians folks are your average guys with good and bad among them, I agree but the act itself is unnatural. In Islam, it is a grave sin. It is the Creator's command and I submit to that. It is said that one who does anal will not smell paradise.
There is no compromise on that. No diluting of that. No closing one eye on that. No aplogies for that.
So all Muslims are prejudiced against gays...Thanks for answering.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:20 PM

63,804 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Gematria

Stop spamming your list of books to buy at amazon. It is against the TOS and is offensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam