Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 10:03 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Funny that a person can believe all of this and still find fault with Moslem mis-deeds.
Christianity and Islam are like twin brothers that fight all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 10:25 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
It would be fair to point out that many Pakistanis have openly protested against the incident:
Video of Taliban flogging girl draws anger in Pakistan - Los Angeles Times

It would be interesting to see if there are protests by muslim women in theocratic muslim countries. At the very least, muslim women (and men) in the west should protest - because they easily can.
That is very good to know. If these cultures are ever to leave the middle ages, it will be by their own members forcing them out of it.
I'm afraid there is nothing we (not muslim, not from those areas) can say or do to effect real change.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
That is very good to know. If these cultures are ever to leave the middle ages, it will be by their own members forcing them out of it.
I'm afraid there is nothing we (not muslim, not from those areas) can say or do to effect real change.
Here is a good question.

Should they change? Are they really worse than us? Aren't they better in some ways? You say they are in the Middle Ages, this sounds ethnocentic and racist to me. What makes them any worse than Christians? If there was a Christian theocracy, it would probably be just as backwards and violent, correct?

You all are going off the premise that Muslem countries are totally primitive and backwards. And in some countries they probably are. But in some ways these cultures have thier advantages. And I think we should watch out before we say that these ancient cultures are simply inferior.

Overall, I think most of you have been brainwashed my the medias negative portrayel of Muslem countries, and your own religious biases cause prejudice towards them. They are not the children of God, they are heathens......

Have any of you even ever been to a Muslem country???????????????????? Some of you all sound like you probably dont even have a passport.

I have been to one Muslem country, and it was not a very bad place. It was fairly liberal, and many people in the society were not Muslems.

I wouldn't want to live there myself. But it's their culture so let them figure it out. And each Muslem country is very different. Some Muslem counties are much better than others.

The Abrahamic religions are all equally bad. Chrisianity, Judaism, Islam. They ar all breeding grounds for fanaticism, closed-mindedness and pig-faced conservatism.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:13 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,047 times
Default the unbelievers among the People of the Book shall burn forever in the fire of hell

Islam:

Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98

On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. - Sura 2:161

Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39

The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. - 98:51

Old 04-04-2009, 12:22 AM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39

The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. - 98:51
The religion of peace and tolerance of other religions exposed yet again.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Islam:

Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98

On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. - Sura 2:161

How is this different from the Christian view of non-Christians? Looks like it's exactly the same to me.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:58 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,415,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
How is this different from the Christian view of non-Christians? Looks like it's exactly the same to me.
My thoughts exactly. How many times have I read even on here, that those who do not accept Christ or accept the Bible literally will burn in hell. I, sadly, find myself turning away from Christianity as I see this ugly totalitarian side. I know "good" fundamentalist Christians who will not even speak to people different from them let alone help these people if they are in need. Then you have hypocrites like Ted Haggard who should be repenting more for his fostering of hate than his obvious homosexuality. The idea that humans have devine providence over the earth therefore they can do with it what they wish also disgusts me. In the end, I feel I will be judged on how I treat others, how often I've performed good works and caring acts versus if I take the Bible literally. I trully believe those who point fingers and are absolutely sure of their own salvation are going to be in for a rude awakening. Take care, lil red

Old 04-04-2009, 01:03 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,785 times
THIS JUST IN:
Fundamentalists: Irrational, barbaric, controlling.

IN OTHER NEWS:
Sky: Blue
Grass: Green
Midgets: Short

Old 04-04-2009, 01:10 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Funny that a person can believe all of this and still find fault with Moslem mis-deeds.
Whatever mis-deeds you are talking about I would find fault with myself if I did them too. The difference is that God alone has the right to judge (which is what I pointed out) not me - Although I do have a right to point out the errors according to God's revelation - but that is a quit a different thing than going around for Allah and doing His judging with the sword as a tenit of your faith. By the way Israelites did not do this as a tenit of their faith it was circumstantial and specific in nature for a certain period and certain people in regard to their national as well as spiritual protection not an ongoing practice that was part of their religious duty. Christians do not have a national identity and are not under Israelite Theocracy.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:05 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,507 times
It always amazes me how we are supposed to think poorly of those like Muslim terrorists who kill, yet at the same time love and worship a being who will torture many of those same victims in hell forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam