Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 01:31 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
All I was trying to do was to look for a specific kind of reaction.

Unrelated to that, here is an example of women protesting against the new law. Even though it is in Kabul probably progressive by Afghani standards, these women needed to have a lot of guts to go out and protest - and that is a good thing. Unfortunately, in this case, it also pits 2 opposing factions - which still does not take away from their bravery.
VOA News - Afghan Women Protest Against Marital Law (http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-04-15-voa32.cfm - broken link)
that's exactly what i'm saying , they protesting in mass for their own problems against their own government . not protesting for others
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 04:40 PM

90 posts, read 134,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Except the countries with the most atheist are the most peaceful.

I know you think it's everyone's fault but your own. That what Muslims always think. Muslims don't get along with jews, it's the jews fault. Muslims don't get along with christians, its the christians fault. muslims don't get along with buddhist or atheist, it's always someone elses fault.

We can get into a big discussion about both of the points you made, and why I think you are mistaken. But it would take us pretty far off topic. So let me just say it this way: Maybe the problem isn't everyone else. Maybe the problem is the Muslims.

I feel like I'm a pretty neutral observer here. I'm an atheist, I think all religions are silly. But trust me when I tell you that Islam is the least progressive, the least respectful of individual liberties, and the most dangerous to people who value liberal democracies. That is how it is practaced, I don't know what it's like on paper. I'm talking about how Muslims actual practice their religion.

Every religion has had their reformations and counter-reformations - except islam. It's still trying to navigate by the moral compass made 2000 years ago. Actually, even that's not quite acurate - your reformation actual made things worse. Your's is the only religion that had a reformation and became more hostil to individual rights.

And if I may be frank, it's the Muslim brotherhood from your country that is responsible for lots of the problems in the world.

I know, you think there's nothing wrong with islam, and it's everyone elses who is to blame.

Before we can have a discussion, I have to know if you think I should be killed if I convinced a person to turn away from Islam and become an atheist.

responsible for all the problems in the world hmm iraq, afghanistan, palestine.
Look at swine flu fever - pork is forbidden for consumption.
Look at aids and sexually transmitted dieases- sex outside marriage is forbidden.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:51 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishmuslim View Post
responsible for all the problems in the world hmm iraq, afghanistan, palestine.
Look at swine flu fever - pork is forbidden for consumption.
Look at aids and sexually transmitted dieases- sex outside marriage is forbidden.
Do Muslims eat chicken?

Lets look at aids shall we. You believe that Muslim men never go for a bit on the side? Marriage does not prevent STDS....

You act like Muslims are immune to STDs, but that is far from true. There is a growing epidemic of AIDS and STDs in counties with large Muslim populations, and in the mid east alone it is estimated that more than 700,000 people including tens of thousands of children are living with AIDS. Speaking of anything sexual is forbidden in Islamic culture, so almost all cases go unreported, and the problem continues to worsen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam