Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 12:23 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
because their's only one deity to be worshipped , we have no other choices , and that God promised whoever believed in him and worshipped him with eternal paradise and warned whoever denyed him with hellfire

whatever , we worshipped him because we think that he is the real God and we trusted in his promises and his warnning either

if you wanna to worship a creator of your own desire then imagine one in your mind and worship him or make a research about all relegions then choose the one wich is suitable for your needs , just be sure he is the real one
Rest assured I don't want to worship a creator of my own desire. I don't want to worship any God, which is easy if you don't believe in the God concept.

So you know that your God is into torture (hellfire), and your cool with that?. If you want to do the religion thing, can't you do one that doesn't involve burning people alive?

Condemning those who don't believe as you do, to a pit of fire (or whatever),is a little immature in my books. Also shows a causal acceptance, and a projection, of violence.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:00 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Rest assured I don't want to worship a creator of my own desire. I don't want to worship any God, which is easy if you don't believe in the God concept.
i understnad

Quote:
So you know that your God is into torture (hellfire), and your cool with that?. If you want to do the religion thing, can't you do one that doesn't involve burning people alive?
no i'm not cool with that
every time i intend to commit a sin , i remember the torture of God for sinners
i like to commit whatever sins i like without fear of hellfire , but the reality which i believe in , is that hell fire exist so that i strive hard against my evil desire

Old 07-05-2011, 05:17 AM

570 posts, read 733,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
If there is such a thing as Hell, it will be overflowing with muslims.
Why ?
We believe in Moses ( PBUH) .
So If the Jews will enter Paradise, we will also ..
We believe in Jesus Christ ( PBUH) .
So If the Christians will enter Paradise, we will also ..
We believe in Muhammed ( PBUH) you dont & here lies all the difference .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90
Why are some people so willing to believe in things like hell?
Because "reward & punishment" supports the principle of Justice and fits logic more than futility .
Quote:
I know plenty of people of faith, and while I get on fine with them, I find their belief in hell disturbing.
I finde your denial even more disturbing & that makes me scared of people like you
Punishment can deter more than a conscience, You know not all people have a conscience .
Quote:
Why would otherwise okay people buy into such a childish concept as eternal suffering at the hands of such a sick twisted monster?
You are the one who appears to live in a childish world where the reformer treated equal with the offender .
Quote:
Then they garnish their whole belief system with talk of "love" and "peace".
Love and peace do not contrasts with deterrence and punishment .
Isn't that how all social systems in the world applide !!
Quote:
I still can't understand why people want to worship a torturer, maybe it strikes a chord with them?.
first he is the Merciful then he is the Punisher .
It seems you deliberately forget about compassion and focus only on punishment & that also makes you want societies to ignore the punishment of thiefs .. rapists .. murderers because it is obvious that you do not believe in the principle of deterrence, punishment and reward !!
Shame on you !!
Quote:
There are other people of faith I know who don't go down the hell path, and while I don't share their beliefs, I do find them to be much more mature.
... and scary

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 07-05-2011 at 05:26 AM..

Old 07-05-2011, 06:56 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,345 times
[quote=squall-lionheart;19879708]Why ?

I believe in G-d, not in prophets. They are just people who spoke of G-d. They are not G-d.

That is where the difference lies.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:33 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
[quote=Jazzymom;19880311]
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
Why ?

I believe in G-d, not in prophets. They are just people who spoke of G-d. They are not G-d.

Do you see any point in reading the Torah? That was revealed through Prophets.

But I do now recognize that Jews are quite individualistic and the ones I know are just one segment of the Jewish population, what they believe may not apply to all.

Just curious, idle curiosity, no real need to know. But what is your personal feelings about the Torah? This individualism in Judaism is something I had not seen before. I do appreciate you letting us know it exists.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:01 AM

570 posts, read 733,564 times
[quote=Jazzymom;19880311]
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
Why ?

I am
Are you slow to understand or do you deliberately want to look slow ?!!
Because I am very sure that you know very well Muslims believe in Moses & Jesus & Muhammed as prophets ... so why do you made it looks like we believe they are Gods ?!!
God will not speak to humans, or even show himself to teach them how to worship him .
That is why he sent prophets to us ... When you believe in the Prophet that mean you believes in his message, which is the worship of God .
Please try to stay away from such old pathetic games & speak directly even once for a change ...
One other thing :
You say that you believe in G-d not in prophets .. is that mean you do not believe in Moses as a prophet from G-d ??
Try to give me a straight answer if you can ...

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 07-05-2011 at 08:11 AM..

Old 07-05-2011, 01:32 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Thread closed to excessive "off topic" posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam