Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 02:29 PM

37 posts, read 232,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
thank you

jazak Allah kheer
Ameen

Quote:
thank you for the info and mostly the pictures i found them most interesting
You're most welcom

Old 11-24-2009, 03:55 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,185 times
Quote:
Salwa Al-Masri (back) makes tea for her family as her child helps prepare a humble celebration on the first day of the holiday of Eid
on December 08, 2008in the Rafah Refugee Camp, Gaza Strip, Palestine. Abed couldn't buy a sheep to slaughter as a part of Eid celebration.
Most of the sacrificial animals in Gazahave been smuggled through tunnels between Rafah and Egypt
as Israel still blocks their crossings with Gaza Strip.
Sucks about the sheep, but Egypt not Israel controls the southern border of Gaza. Blame your fellow muslims for that one. And if you want the border to Israel open, here's a thought. Tell Hamas to stop sending suicide bombers in to Israel and accept that the Jews have a right to a state of their own in the Middle East.

Or don't. Just don't complain about the lack of sheep in Gaza.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:24 AM

212 posts, read 572,757 times
Looks pretty sad to me, people wasting there life in prayer to something that is not even real( other then that stone). I wander how many of those prayer are for the infidels to die.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:28 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,354,936 times
Here's a question - in the Koran it is pretty explicitly stated that images of Muhamed of any kind are blasphemous. Many people have been killed just for drawing a representation of Muhamed. Why? Why go to the extent to murder someone over an artistic portrayal of a god? Sounds very violent to me.

Also, it appears that any criticism of Islam is immediately referred to a "politics" ... why? Why can't Muslims accept the fact that in a free and just society it is right to allow people to question faith and to question ideas? Why do Muslims feel that they can get away with murder and saying that Christians are "Crusaders" and Jews are "Evil" and then the moment someone says that Muslims are wrong, or they don't believe in it, they get ostracized?

Old 11-25-2009, 02:28 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Here's a question - in the Koran it is pretty explicitly stated that images of Muhamed of any kind are blasphemous. Many people have been killed just for drawing a representation of Muhamed. Why? Why go to the extent to murder someone over an artistic portrayal of a god? Sounds very violent to me.
firstly , theire are nothing in quran stated that

secondly , if you refer to the danish drawings about mohammed (pbuh) , so you have to know that it wasn't representation for mohammed , it was insult for the whole community of muslims in the world

Quote:
Also, it appears that any criticism of Islam is immediately referred to a "politics" ... why? Why can't Muslims accept the fact that in a free and just society it is right to allow people to question faith and to question ideas? Why do Muslims feel that they can get away with murder and saying that Christians are "Crusaders" and Jews are "Evil" and then the moment someone says that Muslims are wrong, or they don't believe in it, they get ostracized?
mention the case you are talking about please
as long as i know , there's no probelm with muslims to allow people to question faith and ideas
so , which case you meant ?

Old 11-25-2009, 04:29 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,354,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
firstly , theire are nothing in quran stated that

secondly , if you refer to the danish drawings about mohammed (pbuh) , so you have to know that it wasn't representation for mohammed , it was insult for the whole community of muslims in the world
I'm not specifically talking about the Danish cartoons. ANY drawing in Islam of the prophet is considered blasphemous, why? THe only reason I can think of is that the people in power in the religious ranks wish to deny people the ability to think outside the narrow confines of the Koran.

Quote:
mention the case you are talking about please
as long as i know , there's no probelm with muslims to allow people to question faith and ideas
so , which case you meant ?
If you look at the movie "Religulous" and in personal interviews I've had with muslims, everyone says that it is "politics" and "bad press" why people criticize Islam. I think people criticize Islam (and other religions in general) because of how their people act. The press is free to criticize Christianity, and Judaism, and if you look at foreign press you can see how other religions are criticized as well. Where is such criticism of Islam in Middle Eastern press? Non-existent.

A free and just society is one in which people are free to criticized, regardless of religous or emotions.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:44 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desol11 View Post
Looks pretty sad to me, people wasting there life in prayer to something that is not even real( other then that stone). I wander how many of those prayer are for the infidels to die.

dang scary thats for sure!!!!! and the part that women are converting faster than men is concerning, don't women relize that when muslims get in control of the world that the women that are used to freedom will lose it in the future.. wake up women there trying to put a vail over your eyes!!!! women of the middle east are treated like sheep.. do you want to be a sheeple..

Old 11-25-2009, 06:10 PM

351 posts, read 533,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
dang scary thats for sure!!!!! and the part that women are converting faster than men is concerning, don't women relize that when muslims get in control of the world that the women that are used to freedom will lose it in the future.. wake up women there trying to put a vail over your eyes!!!! women of the middle east are treated like sheep.. do you want to be a sheeple..

Women over here are treated like objects

Old 11-25-2009, 06:52 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,347,484 times
Wonderful Photos, thank you!

Happy Eid.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:57 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
Women over here are treated like objects
and what oject are you referring to!!!! i hope it isn't a dish rag
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam