Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 08:50 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,682 times

Advertisements

*reps goodpasture, jazzymom, and mzjamiedawn*

Moonsun, I believe I wrote a response to you why I don't believe in islam because of the hedonistic view of heaven a few weeks back. I don't think you responded. I will try again.

1. Why is alcohol permitted in islamic heaven, if it is clearly forbidden on earth?

2. Why are the residents of heaven allowed to fornicate with the houris in front of god?

3. Why is the focus of heaven more on physical pleasure (eating food, drinking wine, busting girl's hymens) than being there to serve god (you know, the one who allowed you in there in the first place)?

4. Why would there be more women in hell than in heaven? (Muhammad said this, so don't try to lie about it)

Old 12-08-2009, 10:29 AM

26 posts, read 45,697 times
Why would God give you virgins as a reward, if a bunch of sex it's good for you on earth why would it be good for you in haven and does the faithful women get from Allah?

Old 12-08-2009, 11:14 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
This is what I was thinking. We hear about how the men will get beautiful, gorgeous virgins...what do the women get? The men with the potbellies and all their imperfetions?

What if I want 72 male virgins whose bodies are sculpted and I drool every time I lay eyes on them?

To use women as "rewards" for men really is appalling. Has nothing to do with being jealous that the women are going to be beautiful. It does have to do with not being likened to a trophy.

she will not get 72 virgin men but she will a get a husband and pleasure equivalent to 72 virgin men or even more.

One of the best things that people long for in the Hereafter is, for men, the women of Paradise, namely al-houri al-‘iyn,

and for women there is an equivalent delight. By His great wisdom, Allaah has not mentioned what the women will have as the equivalent of al-houri al-‘iyn for men, and that is due to modesty and shyness. How can He encourage them to seek Paradise by mentioning something that they are too shy and modest to mention or speak about themselves?

If a person departs this world having won the pleasure of Allaah, then he will have the glad tidings of all that is good after that. When he enters Paradise he will have delights and pleasures such as no eye has seen, no ear has heard and it has not entered the mind of any man. He will have all that he wishes for in the best ways. Everything that he asks for will be granted, and everything that he longs for he will get. He will never find anything to upset or disturb him,

The description of alhouri al-‘iyn is mentioned in more than one place in the Book of Allaah, such as the following:
Islam Question and Answer - Description of al-**** al-‘iyn in the Qur’aan and Sunnah

Old 12-08-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
1. Why is alcohol permitted in islamic heaven, if it is clearly forbidden on earth?
alcohol permitted in heaven because it does not affect the brain.

alcohol in heaven is not the same as alcohol in earth

Quote:
2. Why are the residents of heaven allowed to fornicate with the houris in front of god?
it is not fornicate .
it is legal relation because they are has husband and wifes .

Quote:
3. Why is the focus of heaven more on physical pleasure (eating food, drinking wine, busting girl's hymens) than being there to serve god (you know, the one who allowed you in there in the first place)?
they did serve Allah in earth and Allah is rewarding them and that is his will.

Quote:
*4. Why would there be more women in hell than in heaven? (Muhammad said this, so don't try to lie about it)

The Messenger of Allaah Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“I was shown Hell and I have never seen anything more terrifying than it. And I saw that the majority of its people are women.”

They said, “Why, O Messenger of Allaah?”
He said, “Because of their ingratitude (kufr).”
It was said, “Are they ungrateful to Allaah?”
He said, “They are ungrateful to their companions (husbands) and ungrateful for good treatment. If you are kind to one of them for a lifetime then she sees one (undesirable) thing in you, she will say, ‘I have never had anything good from you.’”

Old 12-08-2009, 12:10 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
she will not get 72 virgin men but she will a get a husband and pleasure equivalent to 72 virgin men or even more.

One of the best things that people long for in the Hereafter is, for men, the women of Paradise, namely al-houri al-‘iyn,

and for women there is an equivalent delight. By His great wisdom, Allaah has not mentioned what the women will have as the equivalent of al-houri al-‘iyn for men, and that is due to modesty and shyness. How can He encourage them to seek Paradise by mentioning something that they are too shy and modest to mention or speak about themselves?

If a person departs this world having won the pleasure of Allaah, then he will have the glad tidings of all that is good after that. When he enters Paradise he will have delights and pleasures such as no eye has seen, no ear has heard and it has not entered the mind of any man. He will have all that he wishes for in the best ways. Everything that he asks for will be granted, and everything that he longs for he will get. He will never find anything to upset or disturb him,

The description of alhouri al-‘iyn is mentioned in more than one place in the Book of Allaah, such as the following:
Islam Question and Answer - Description of al-**** al-‘iyn in the Qur’aan and Sunnah
So a "good" woman would be too shy and modest to discuss sex? Even with her Creator? And why won't she get 72 virgins, why just her one husband? Does that seem fair?

“Therein you shall have (all) that your inner‑selves desire"... so maybe women will get 72 virgins whose bodies are sculpted, if that's what she desires?

Old 12-08-2009, 12:12 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,129 times
Quote:
The Messenger of Allaah Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“I was shown Hell and I have never seen anything more terrifying than it. And I saw that the majority of its people are women.”

They said, “Why, O Messenger of Allaah?”
He said, “Because of their ingratitude (kufr).”
It was said, “Are they ungrateful to Allaah?”
He said, “They are ungrateful to their companions (husbands) and ungrateful for good treatment. If you are kind to one of them for a lifetime then she sees one (undesirable) thing in you, she will say, ‘I have never had anything good from you.’”
I hate to say it, but it's stuff just like this that will turn women off from Islam. So hell is filled mostly with women, and they went to hell because they were ungrateful to their husbands.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:24 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
alcohol permitted in heaven because it does not affect the brain.

alcohol in heaven is not the same as alcohol in earth

’”
What is the point of alcohol then? No one drinks it because it "tastes good" ya know.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:26 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
I hate to say it, but it's stuff just like this that will turn women off from Islam. So hell is filled mostly with women, and they went to hell because they were ungrateful to their husbands.
That doesn't make sense...Women outnumber men 72 to 1 in heaven, yet they also outnumber men in hell? Where are all the missing men sent?....Silliest thing I ever heard of.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
So a "good" woman would be too shy and modest to discuss sex? Even with her Creator? And why won't she get 72 virgins, why just her one husband? Does that seem fair?

“Therein you shall have (all) that your inner‑selves desire"... so maybe women will get 72 virgins whose bodies are sculpted, if that's what she desires?
her husband will be given the strength of one hundred men in desire and intercourse
she will be very happy and will never complain
see for details Islam Question and Answer - Objection to the fact that a man will have **** ‘iyn who will share her husband with her

Old 12-08-2009, 01:49 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
This thread is closed due to the many off topic posts, insults from both sides, and name calling..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam