Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 08:09 PM

118 posts, read 180,835 times

Advertisements

I would recomend reading Revelations in the NT. It reveals the Karma of Islam and anyone else that doesn't speak the truth about God's beloved, torchered to death, son. Plagues, death, destruction, and 1000 years of not being reincarnated. Only God's people will return to rule with Christ. All of Islam will have to take a 1000 year "time out".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 08:08 AM

217 posts, read 692,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Unfortunately that's half the problem people pick up a book and read it without wanting to learn about what its saying. Imams who have studied and have scholarship who understand Islam are a good source and the Imams I know in my area, and I know 2 would be a good source as they know their religion. They are moderate Muslims who work with the local community in interfaith.

There is more to the Quran and the Bible, there is a history of when it was written, the group of people it was speaking to, and why. Much that is in the Quran answers question of the early Muslims. It speaks to the problems they had. It needs to be understood in the context of what it was written for.

Misunderstandings come from just picking it up and reading it without understanding what it means.
true enough, but you also cant just rely on anyones interpretation of scriputure soley...i listen to imams, but at the sametime i still take get my own interpretation, and compare it to what i've been told to decide if i agree or not...

when i was telling that person to just read the qua'ran all i was saying is you cant rely on everyones interpretation, because some people bend scriptures for they're own personal gain....because if you know anything aboit mosques, then you know all imams are not moderate, and i just wouldnt want a non muslim who's interested in the deem to be led astray by the wrong guidance....

Old 12-15-2009, 08:11 AM

217 posts, read 692,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Most folks here tend to be respectful of others beliefs. It seems to be the Muslims and fundamentalist Christians who don't respect others right to their beliefs and keep proselytizing.

I for one don't tell folks their religion is wrong. Everyone has their way to God. Some have chosen no faith, its their choice. We find in life what we need including faith.

Muslims are not being attacked its the constant barrage of videos, pictures, ayats, the attack of Jews in sneaky little ways, unending cutting and pasting long lists.

If people want to learn about Islam this forum is not the place. They will go to a library, there are lots of ways to get information.

I don't care if you are Muslim, I do care about the constant barrage of information, which is often meaningless, and biased.

this is the place to learn about islam.....its called religion and philosophy....this is the perfect place to discuss sura and hadith...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam