Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 08:53 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Yeah. I wish Islam would just die off already. I don't hide it: I despise Islam. It is extremely dangerous, regressive, oppressive, and worst of all it won't stop until the entire world submits.
it's a pandemic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 11:45 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
I'm not going to waste our time here because you aren't going to change your mind any more than I am and frankly I'd rather agree to disagree with you and save my keyboard.
What you are really doing is admitting that the answers to the questions are exactly as I suggest they are . . . and there is NO EXCUSE that apologists for Islam can present for this barbarous religion as it is practiced and ENFORCED (Mafia-like) on its adherents.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:56 AM

27 posts, read 50,434 times
Good and evil exist in all religions and all people in all the earth
All religions including Islam, Christianity or Judaism calls for peace, love and good
But what has changed??? Why change???
Nothing to do with religion in the violence that they are the people controlling them Roughnecks evil few who commit errors of faith and fear of God and far from God and religion Alnhaiih accuse all those who embrace religion without sin
</SPAN>

Old 01-10-2010, 10:32 AM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What you are really doing is admitting that the answers to the questions are exactly as I suggest they are . . . and there is NO EXCUSE that apologists for Islam can present for this barbarous religion as it is practiced and ENFORCED (Mafia-like) on its adherents.
I'm no apologist. Islam is just as ridiculous as the next bronze age ideology. If our policy here came from the pulpit like many fundamentalists would like we would be in a similar situation. I don't think that Islam is good for humanity - as I have said numerous times I think the human race as a whole would be better off without religion. I don't watch Fred Phelps and assume that all Christians are that way. I don't listen to Pat Robertson and assume that all Christians follow his ideology either. There are a billion Muslims in the world and they aren't all terrorists. They aren't all wife beaters. They don't all wear Hijab's. they don't all pray 5 times a day. The only thing that I am trying to get across is that Muslims are people, just as Christians are. There are good ones and bad ones. Reasonable ones and ignorant ones. I'm willing to bet that the ones that are moving here want to do so for the same reasons that anyone wants to come here. Maybe they like it, maybe they want to escape the oppressive environment they are in. Besides if we don't want Muslims here, maybe we should stop sending our Christians there to convert them...

Old 01-10-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I'm no apologist. Islam is just as ridiculous as the next bronze age ideology. If our policy here came from the pulpit like many fundamentalists would like we would be in a similar situation. I don't think that Islam is good for humanity - as I have said numerous times I think the human race as a whole would be better off without religion. I don't watch Fred Phelps and assume that all Christians are that way. I don't listen to Pat Robertson and assume that all Christians follow his ideology either. There are a billion Muslims in the world and they aren't all terrorists. They aren't all wife beaters. They don't all wear Hijab's. they don't all pray 5 times a day. The only thing that I am trying to get across is that Muslims are people, just as Christians are. There are good ones and bad ones. Reasonable ones and ignorant ones. I'm willing to bet that the ones that are moving here want to do so for the same reasons that anyone wants to come here. Maybe they like it, maybe they want to escape the oppressive environment they are in. Besides if we don't want Muslims here, maybe we should stop sending our Christians there to convert them...
They don't ALL need to do anything, cleatis . . . the radicals completely control and intimidate the rest . . . so it is irrelevant whether or not they are decent or moderate. Their silence and lack of forceful resistance (if they are truly in the majority they should be able to overpower them) and lack of active attempts to ferret out, expose and disrupt their networks is the SAME AS SUPPORT. If they truly believed their peaceful religious verses . . . they should be willing to endure whatever to stop the radical "hijackers" of their religion.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:44 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,393 times
What are Christians doing about the Lord's Army in Uganda, the Tirpura Liberation Front in India, or the Army of God right here in the US?

How many Christians even KNOW of these Christian terrorist groups?

Considering that Islam acts no differently in those areas of the world were they have compelte and utter control than Christianity did, or would again, it is utter hypocracy for Christians to villify their sibling religion instead of the radicals within both camps.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
They don't ALL need to do anything, cleatis . . . the radicals completely control and intimidate the rest . . . so it is irrelevant whether or not they are decent or moderate. Their silence and lack of forceful resistance (if they are truly in the majority they should be able to overpower them) and lack of active attempts to ferret out, expose and disrupt their networks is the SAME AS SUPPORT. If they truly believed their peaceful religious verses . . . they should be willing to endure whatever to stop the radical "hijackers" of their religion.
Would you support the outsider with their tank in your street? Their bomb in your city, their shrapnel in your skin? We invaded them. Should we expect them to respect us and be our friends when we have laid their cities to waste? What should we expect, unconditional support and cooperation? Tea? Whether by intention or not we cause as much pain to them as their lunatic fringe - if not more. Put the shoe on the other foot.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Would you support the outsider with their tank in your street? Their bomb in your city, their shrapnel in your skin? We invaded them. Should we expect them to respect us and be our friends when we have laid their cities to waste? What should we expect, unconditional support and cooperation? Tea? Whether by intention or not we cause as much pain to them as their lunatic fringe - if not more. Put the shoe on the other foot.
The Israeli attacks are CAUSED BY the INDISCRIMINATE terrorist rocket and mortar attacks against INNOCENT women and children in the cities of Israel. If I were retaliating . . . the ratio of Palestinians killed would be 100 times greater than the number of Israelis Hamas kills . . . until the rockets and mortars stopped or there was no one left to shoot them!!! Instead of expecting Hamas to wage terror without getting anyone on their side killed . . . and trying to blame the Israelis for it to get sympathy for Hamas' terrorism . . . STOP THE TERRORISM, period!!

Old 01-11-2010, 11:14 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
(Hmmm... wouldn't let me rep you, Mystic. Too soon! Do I like you too much? I suppose so... sigh.)

Agreed. at the risk of sounding "redneck" and over-reactive, I think our side is altogether too nicey-nice. We prefer to "dialogue' rather than retaliate. When "retaliation" is all the cretins understand, based on their life-long indoctrination, how else should we react?

Churchill understood it finally when Hitler took to bombing innocent Britons. Churchill reluctantly realized that it would be necessary to change the German people's overall mentality and taste for war by bombing them where they lived, as the Nazis were doing to London & other British cities. After a while, the German people got the message, and Churchill also made sure they knew exactly why by dropping pamphlets that told of Hitler's inhumanity.

Of course, that was only useful back then because the German people were advanced enough to read....

So. What would happen when the next major terrorist attack on Western cities is followed by the total annihilation of a dozen or so Afghani villages, where the smirking terrorist's children and wife live?

You know; so that there's direct tangible and timely consequences for their inhumanity towards us, their abject hatred and their inalterable outlook on the evil West?

Call me callous, inhuman or knee-jerk. I don't intend to see any of my innocent family or friends slaughtered because of a Muslim culture's gross inability to get along with the modern world.

BTW, "peaceful dialoguing" has led to a grass-roots Muslim movement in prairie Canada to incorporate Sharia Law into Canadian domestic law. You know; institutionalized wife beating and Habibs? That's not gone well for them; they have no right to culturally invade a country kind enough to take them in off the sand pits of the ME and then demand total changes to that country' culture and values. But that hasn't stopped them from trying, and they are also taking advantage of the Canadian penchant for being quietly "PC" no matter what.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
The Israeli attacks are CAUSED BY the INDISCRIMINATE terrorist rocket and mortar attacks against INNOCENT women and children in the cities of Israel. If I were retaliating . . . the ratio of Palestinians killed would be 100 times greater than the number of Israelis Hamas kills . . . until the rockets and mortars stopped or there was no one left to shoot them!!! Instead of expecting Hamas to wage terror without getting anyone on their side killed . . . and trying to blame the Israelis for it to get sympathy for Hamas' terrorism . . . STOP THE TERRORISM, period!!
So you think that war is supposed to stop this cycle of hatred? You think that bombs, tanks, destroyed cities and masses of casualties is going to harbor good feelings towards the west? What about the innocents that suffer from our occupation - Do you think that they have more respect for us now that we've destroyed their home and much of their family? The bottom line is that you aren't going to change someone's mind with a gun to their head. If someone attacks their enemy and it burns your house down in the process are you really going to have good will towards the person responsible? I agree that terrorism is a real threat. But so long as we're pounding our chest and dropping bombs we're breeding all the things that make terrorism - fear and anger. We are feeding terrorism as fast as we're stopping it by pissing people off left and right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam