Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 06:51 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,834,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I hope they do eventually kick you out the Aqsa Mosque. Rather than allow a scientific excavation of the site before doing construction, your people destroy thousands of years of historical artifacts so as to try to prevent proof from being found of the original Jewish Temple on the site.

God Himself will certainly kick you out of the holy land of Palestine and out of every grace and blessing.

And the house of God (built by David and Solomon then by Muslims) does not belong to any people; it belongs to God; but the enemy of Jesus and Mohammed do not listen to any reason.

Why don't you rancorous people convert to the Islam and then will not lose your belief in Moses, but will add the belief in Jesus and Mohammed and have the wisdom of the Gospel and the Quran in addition to the Torah.

In addition by converting to the Islam and admitting (No god but God alone without associate) you will be saved from the omenous God's punishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 06:57 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
And the house of God (built by David and Solomon then by Muslims) does not belong to any people; it belongs to God; but the enemy of Jesus and Mohammed do not listen to any reason.
That's a fascinating comment. The Temple of Solomon doesn't belong to any people...but the al Aqsa Mosque apparently does. Tell me how you justify this apparent contradiction.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
And so is our temple, and those are our prophets too. But you are gonna say what you are gonna say and I can't change what you think because I know that for the most part Many Muslims don't understand the truth they just see it from their perspective.

But the truth is Israel has had a Jewish presence for thousands of years and the temple was built not once but twice on the same spot.

Israel is a fact on the ground and that won't change.

Muslims just need to accept that and live in peace.

Islam is not a correction or a continuation of anything but simply the way a specific population chooses to worship God.

You Muslims are no more worthy then anyone else but you have a tendency to be the most violent of religions and that is sad......

The House is the House of God, and the prophets are His prophets.

You say Jewish presence for thousands of years! But the Palestinian people was there before the coming of the Children of Israel in the past and at the present time.

It is only God gave the Children of Israel an authority in the past because they worshipped God alone without associate and their prophets were with them and the Palestinians in the past worshipped the idols;

while now the opposite is true: the Palestinians worship God alone without associate and they are not idolaters and not idol worshippers.

Moreover, the Israelites now are not working according to the instructions of any prophet but only to their religious leaders and follow the enthusiasm about Rachel and Bin Yohaya graves; so they are not devoted to God alone in addition to their disbelief in Jesus and Mohammed.

Therefore, God will, in the coming years, be with the believers in God alone and the Quran.

<http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflicts/english2.htm#A_Call_to_Contemporary_Zionists_>

Old 03-28-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
That's a fascinating comment. The Temple of Solomon doesn't belong to any people...but the al Aqsa Mosque apparently does. Tell me how you justify this apparent contradiction.

The House of God built by David and Solomon is the same one now is erected as the Aqsa mosque. The Aqsa is the house of God at Jerusalem and none has any authority to distort or corrupt it.

The mosque is the house of God in which His name is glorified and the prayers are established and the Quran recited day and night.

God will cut off the hands of the thieves that transgress on His house: the Aqsa and all other mosques.

([Such God's guidance as] in houses [of worship] which God has allowed to be exalted and that His name shall be celebrated therein.

Therein [men] do glorify Him at morning and evening: Men whom neither trade not sale can distract them from celebrating God, nor from establishing the prayer, nor from paying the Zakat[-alms]. Their [only] fear is for the day [of death] when hearts and eyes will alter.

That God may recompense them [in the Hereafter following their death] with a better [recompense] than what they did, and give them increase out of His bounty; and God provides whomsoever He will, without stint.)

The above between brackets is the explanation of the Quran 24: 36-38
فِي بُيُوتٍ أَذِنَ اللَّهُ أَن تُرْفَعَ وَيُذْكَرَ فِيهَا اسْمُهُ يُسَبِّحُ لَهُ فِيهَا بِالْغُدُوِّ وَالْآصَالِ . رِجَالٌ لَّا تُلْهِيهِمْ تِجَارَةٌ وَلَا بَيْعٌ عَن ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ وَإِقَامِ الصَّلَاةِ وَإِيتَاء الزَّكَاةِ يَخَافُونَ يَوْمًا تَتَقَلَّبُ فِيهِ الْقُلُوبُ وَالْأَبْصَارُ . لِيَجْزِيَهُمُ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنَ مَا عَمِلُوا وَيَزِيدَهُم مِّن فَضْلِهِ وَاللَّهُ يَرْزُقُ مَن يَشَاء بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ

http://www.quran-ayat.com/

Last edited by eanassir; 03-28-2010 at 07:24 AM..

Old 03-28-2010, 09:05 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
The House of God built by David and Solomon is the same one now is erected as the Aqsa mosque. The Aqsa is the house of God at Jerusalem and none has any authority to distort or corrupt it.
No, the mosque was built on top of the Temple, which had earlier been destroyed. It doesn't bother you that the Temple was destroyed, but the mosque certainly does concern you.

And you can make all the declarations about God that you want to...but that's a matter of personal belief. Because you say one thing is right and another wrong means nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Your opinion against someone else's; that's all. I have my own opinions and beliefs too, the difference being I don't hit other people over the head with them.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:50 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,330 times
Quote:

The mosque is the house of God in which His name is glorified and the prayers are established and the Quran recited day and night.

God will cut off the hands of the thieves that transgress on His house: the Aqsa and all other mosques.

([Such God's guidance as] in houses [of worship] which God has allowed to be exalted and that His name shall be celebrated therein.

Therein [men] do glorify Him at morning and evening: Men whom neither trade not sale can distract them from celebrating God, nor from establishing the prayer, nor from paying the Zakat[-alms]. Their [only] fear is for the day [of death] when hearts and eyes will alter.

That God may recompense them [in the Hereafter following their death] with a better [recompense] than what they did, and give them increase out of His bounty; and God provides whomsoever He will, without stint.)

The above between brackets is the explanation of the Quran 24: 36-38
فِي بُيُوتٍ أَذِنَ اللَّهُ أَن تُرْفَعَ وَيُذْكَرَ فِيهَا اسْمُهُ يُسَبِّحُ لَهُ فِيهَا بِالْغُدُوِّ وَالْآصَالِ . رِجَالٌ لَّا تُلْهِيهِمْ تِجَارَةٌ وَلَا بَيْعٌ عَن ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ وَإِقَامِ الصَّلَاةِ وَإِيتَاء الزَّكَاةِ يَخَافُونَ يَوْمًا تَتَقَلَّبُ فِيهِ الْقُلُوبُ وَالْأَبْصَارُ . لِيَجْزِيَهُمُ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنَ مَا عَمِلُوا وَيَزِيدَهُم مِّن فَضْلِهِ وَاللَّهُ يَرْزُقُ مَن يَشَاء بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ

Quran Interpretation
The prophets were the prophets of the Hebrew Bible and thus the prophets of the Jewish people.

The Temple was the Temple of the Jewish people, our holy place. It belonged to us as much as you say your mosque belongs to you.

This land was not always Palestine. It was Judea the land of the Jews. But in 132 ce the Romans destroyed it and renamed the land Palestine.

The Jewish people have always had a presence in the land of Israel. Our people settled the land and it did not have Palestinians in it. Palestinians are descendants of the Arabs who came to the lands after the Muslim conquest in the 7th century. If they had been here from the very beginning they would speak Hebrew today not Arabic.

It was only after the Jews re-inhabited their historic homeland of Judea and Samaria, that the myth of an Arab Palestinian nation was created and marketed worldwide. Jews come from Judea, not Palestinians. There is no language known as Palestinian, or any Palestinian culture distinct from that of all the Arabs in the area. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. "Palestinians" are Arabs indistinguishable from Arabs throughout the Middle East. The great majority of Arabs in greater Palestine and Israel share the same culture, language and religion.

Chew on that for a bit......

I can hardly wait for you to start spewing the view that there are no Jews or Christians because Adam was a Muslim.... That is another lie Muslims believe... That Islam was the religion in the beginning and that Adam and all the prophets were all Muslims.....

Old 03-29-2010, 08:33 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,069 times
Default Predictable dogma.

Jazzymom: please don't take this as disrespect, (because I really enjoy your various posts...) but perhaps you can see why or how a lack of interest in religion and it's social consequences is perhaps a blessing?

As an atheist living outside of any need for, or devotion to, a selfish and implausible God or associated icons (temples, mosques, little crosses around our necks, or inspired recruiting speeches even within mosques in the US to "martyr yourself for Allah"), I find it a peaceful lifestyle.

I do come here and debate, yes, but partly for the huge amusement value, and to perhaps try to help society lift the weight of institutionalized misunderstanding off those less fortunate in their education or thinking.

From the responses here, you can certainly see how Islam works, with a near-total devotion to a highly selective and inaccurate history. (Example: Jewish history extends at least back to the origins of civilized man in the Middle East (ME), but they only found a UN-recognized homeland following the British release of Palestine. To say they didn't exist prior to 1948 is institutionalized and arrogant ignorance, and yet that's often exactly what's blurted out by the Muslim hoi-polloi. As instructed, of course.... Let's remind them that the Prophet Mohammed came long after Christ, who was a Jew....)

Perhaps it's pointless to struggle with them. If/when they transgress on a physical and catastrophic scale, we'll respond in kind or better, and perhaps then, at least for a brief period, some ME peace will accrue? Can we hope?

Last edited by rifleman; 03-29-2010 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: typoz

Old 03-29-2010, 08:54 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,849,571 times
Quote:

Similarly, the house of God at Jerusalem had been built by David and Solomon, then the same house of God was destroyed by Nabuchodonosor,...
Destroyed by who???

Old 03-29-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Jazzymom: please don't take this as disrespect, (because I really enjoy your various posts...) but perhaps you can see why or how a lack of interest in religion and it's social consequences is perhaps a blessing?

As an atheist living outside of any need for, or devotion to, a selfish and implausible God or associated icons (temples, mosques, little crosses around our necks, or inspired recruiting speeches even within mosques in the US to "martyr yourself for Allah"), I find it a peaceful lifestyle.

I do come here and debate, yes, but partly for the huge amusement value, and to perhaps try to help society lift the weight of institutionalized misunderstanding off those less fortunate in their education or thinking.

From the responses here, you can certainly see how Islam works, with a near-total devotion to a highly selective and inaccurate history. (Example: Jewish history extends at least back to the origins of civilized man in the Middle East (ME), but they only found a UN-recognized homeland following the British release of Palestine. To say they didn't exist prior to 1948 is institutionalized and arrogant ignorance, and yet that's often exactly what's blurted out by the Muslim hoi-polloi. As instructed, of course.... Let's remind them that the Prophet Mohammed came long after Christ, who was a Jew....)

Perhaps it's pointless to struggle with them. If/when they transgress on a physical and catastrophic scale, we'll respond in kind or better, and perhaps then, at least for a brief period, some ME peace will accrue? Can we hope?

I see no disrespect... I think we all need to be able to dialogue respectfully. I think it is pointless to struggle with them..... why I do, I don't know. I always have hope that something I might say will somehow let others see a light. The light of respect and truth because I have no desire to see everyone have religion. I just want people to take a moment to think about what they read and what they say. Everyone has their own path to seek.

Religion can be good, but not if we lose the ability to think for ourselves. I am always asking questions. I am always teaching my kids to ask questions. Never be blind about what you believe or are as a person.

The blindness, and hatred of some religious people scares the hell out of me. I worry about what a world we are leaving our children. I worry about my Jewish children.

The extreme posters here both Christian and Muslim are very scary.

My core belief is we all find a way that is right for us and we all need to be respectful of everyone regardless of whether they have a faith or not.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Destroyed by who???
The temple was destroyed twice first by the Babylonians in 587bce by Nebuchadnezzar, then the Romans in about 70 ce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam