Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 07:03 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,428,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
The ‘Dark Ages’ of Europe was extinguished by the Light of Islam, and the entire world has ignored the historical facts of how Europe came to power, it translated the Arabic works of Muslim Spain and used the knowledge to attack Islam. A clear study of European history shows that Islam gave birth to the Renaissance, and the Muslim contributions were carried over to Europe. The ignorant Europeans of the ‘Dark Ages’ were civilized by the knowledge transmitted to them.

“The Christian World came to wage crusades against Muslims but eventually knelt before them to gain knowledge. They were spellbound to see that Muslims were owners of a culture that was far superior to their own. The Dark Ages of Europe were illuminated by nothing but the beacon of Muslim Civilization.”
Author : F.J.C Hearushaw Book Reference : The Science of History

Pappy&Me , please make some effort to verify from your knowledge , don't trust everything be said to you , ( not from me either , you can verify from what i said ) .

peace

Then why would you use this as a reference.

You seem to have no grasp on history.

F.J.C Hearushaw Book Reference : The Science of History
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
Then why would you use this as a reference.

You seem to have no grasp on history.

F.J.C Hearushaw Book Reference : The Science of History
why would you think I posted that

Old 10-12-2014, 03:32 PM

26 posts, read 22,336 times
Given that the West is obsessed with sex (not to mention their pitiful "won't somebody think of the children!" attitude), I'm not really surprised of their attacks at the Prophet over his marriage to Aisha.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lippa View Post
Given that the West is obsessed with sex (not to mention their pitiful "won't somebody think of the children!" attitude), I'm not really surprised of their attacks at the Prophet over his marriage to Aisha.
I don't think the west attacks the marriage for the same reasons.

Many of the cultures, religions, etc, had their perverts, Christianity and judism are full of them.

I believe The reason islam is singled out, is because it was done by the supposed overlord, the main character, and his legacy is still active, and practiced today.

Old 10-15-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I don't think the west attacks the marriage for the same reasons.

Many of the cultures, religions, etc, had their perverts, Christianity and judism are full of them.

I believe The reason islam is singled out, is because it was done by the supposed overlord, the main character, and his legacy is still active, and practiced today.
You just prove my point. Being the ethnocentric Westerner that you are, you readily assume that the Prophet married her for perverted reasons. It's the first thing that comes to your mind. There was no, wide controversy in that that time about the Prophet's marriage to Aisha. Whatever her age was, no one cared. So what Western "mortality" has to say about the issue is irrelevant.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lippa View Post
You just prove my point. Being the ethnocentric Westerner that you are, you readily assume that the Prophet married her for perverted reasons. It's the first thing that comes to your mind. There was no, wide controversy in that that time about the Prophet's marriage to Aisha. Whatever her age was, no one cared. So what Western "mortality" has to say about the issue is irrelevant.
I understand morals are based on a society, usually the higher advanced they are, the higher the moral standard.
We do have documentation of muhammed lusting after a 2 year old,

he is documented in many rapes

He is accused of having sex with a dead woman.

I firmly believe western society, and morals, are a step above this one.

The problem is that the muslim world cannot advance to the moral level of others, because of the pattern muhammed set.

Narrated 'Aisha:
Allah's Apostle said to me, "You were shown to me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said to him, 'Uncover (her),' and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.' Then you were shown to me, the angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said (to him), 'Uncover (her), and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.' " (Sahih Bukhari 9.140)

Old 10-15-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I understand morals are based on a society, usually the higher advanced they are, the higher the moral standard.
We do have documentation of muhammed lusting after a 2 year old,

he is documented in many rapes

He is accused of having sex with a dead woman.

I firmly believe western society, and morals, are a step above this one.

The problem is that the muslim world cannot advance to the moral level of others, because of the pattern muhammed set
So much unsubstantiated nonsense I don't know where to start. Come back when you can provide proof for your libel.

As to Western morality, there is no such thing. Western Liberalism is concerned with freedom and liberty, not morals.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:57 PM

An example of muhammeds morality compared to his men.

Sahih al-Bukhari 2967—Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah: . . . When I took the permission of Allah’s Messenger, he asked me whether I had married a virgin or a matron and I replied that I had married a matron. He said, “Why hadn’t you married a virgin who would have played with you, and you would have played with her?” I replied, “O Allah’s Messenger! My father died (or was martyred) and I have some young sisters, so I felt it not proper that I should marry a young girl like them who would neither teach them manners nor serve them.”

The truth about Mohammed's bizarre sex life is plain to see and easily found on the pages of Islam's own recognized authorities. The best estimate based only on Islam's own sources has Mohammed engaging is sexual relations with at least 66 women. He had 11 wives at one time and sexually exploited slaves, concubines and children. Civilized people consider that to be the behavior of a criminal.

OOOOHhh , that western morality again, rearing it's ugly head.

The rape of Saffiya is one of my favorite ones to post, his men actually stood guard around his tent when he raped her thinking she might be holding a grudge for the killing of her husband, father, brother, and the male villagers.

[SIZE=2]
[SIZE=2]
Narrated by Ibn Abbas:

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]"I (Muhammad) put on her my shirt that she may wear the clothes of heaven, and [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]I[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]SLEPT with her in her coffin (grave) that

[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]I [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]may lessen the pressure of the grave.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
[SIZE=2]

She was the best of Allah's creatures to me after Abu Talib".
[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
.. [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]The prophet was[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
[SIZE=2]
referring to Fatima, the mother of Ali.

The Arabic scholar Demetrius explains
[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]: [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]"The Arabic word used here[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
[SIZE=2]
for "slept" is "Id'tajat," and literally means "lay down" with her. It is often used to

mean, "lay down to have sex." Muhammad is understood as saying that because

he slept with her she has become like a wife to him so she will be considered like

[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1]
,I
[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]"mother of the believers." This will supposedly prevent her from being[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
[SIZE=2]
rormented in the grave, since Muslims believed that as people wait for the

Judgment Day they will be tormented in the grave. "Reduce the pressure" here

means that the torment won't be as much because she is now a "mother of the

klievers" after Muhammad slept with her and "consummated" the union."
[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

Shall I dig up the verses.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:58 PM

Damn, I got that stupid size stuff again,

I'm trying to figure out how to eliminate that.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
An example of muhammeds morality compared to his men.

Sahih al-Bukhari 2967—Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah: . . . When I took the permission of Allah’s Messenger, he asked me whether I had married a virgin or a matron and I replied that I had married a matron. He said, “Why hadn’t you married a virgin who would have played with you, and you would have played with her?” I replied, “O Allah’s Messenger! My father died (or was martyred) and I have some young sisters, so I felt it not proper that I should marry a young girl like them who would neither teach them manners nor serve them.”
All of the Prophet's wives (save for one) were matrons or widows. As to the above hadtih, Jabir was a young teenager at the time, and it was normal for young males to marry young/virgin females. He himself gives his own reasons for why he wanted to marry an older woman. What's the big deal? Why are Westerners so obsessed with sex?

Quote:
The rape of Saffiya is one of my favorite ones to post, his men actually stood guard around his tent when he raped her thinking she might be holding a grudge for the killing of her husband, father, brother, and the male villagers.
Let's see the proof for this crap.

Quote:
Narrated by Ibn Abbas:
Thoroughly debunked here:

The Facts About Islam: The False Allegation of Muhammad having sex with a dead body
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam