Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2007, 09:46 AM

212 posts, read 858,861 times

Advertisements

this is exactly why people are so turned off b/c "Christians" make such ridiculous remarks. What irks me is that Christianity acknowleges an infinite, good, personal, fair God and yet it's followers have chosen for God who will be let into heaven. Why wouldn't an infinite all knowing, good, fair God be just that? Maybe a muslim never gets the opportunityto even really learn about Christianity or the choice to convert but leads a life that is "christ-like"? And imo, if as the theology goes, if God is in everyone then a muslim can lead a life that is godly without verbalizing he is a Christian. It's not about saying verbally--"Jesus is my savior" and voila, you're in heaven. Why don't people stop speculating who's getting in and who's not?

Old 06-14-2007, 10:44 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Blueberry wrote:

It was an unexpected comment, I've got to admit. Since I'm a unbeliever it sounds like even if I married the most saintly woman and we had a child that it wouldn't be a normal child and would be some sort of unclean spirit zombie child like they had in the movie Children of the Corn. Wow, I'm glad I don't have any kids.
Ah, but if you go back to my original post and read the verse in Corinthians, you'll see that any children you have would be covered (made clean) by their mother (since she's so saintly, I'm assuming she'd be a Christian ). So, no worries about zombies! However, many people think doctors and schools are making them zombies, but you can't blame God for that!

Old 06-14-2007, 10:52 AM

1,082 posts, read 3,779,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkbr View Post
this is exactly why people are so turned off b/c "Christians" make such ridiculous remarks. What irks me is that Christianity acknowleges an infinite, good, personal, fair God and yet it's followers have chosen for God who will be let into heaven. Why wouldn't an infinite all knowing, good, fair God be just that? Maybe a muslim never gets the opportunityto even really learn about Christianity or the choice to convert but leads a life that is "christ-like"? And imo, if as the theology goes, if God is in everyone then a muslim can lead a life that is godly without verbalizing he is a Christian. It's not about saying verbally--"Jesus is my savior" and voila, you're in heaven. Why don't people stop speculating who's getting in and who's not?
God is not in everybody... and least that is not what Christians believe...God only comes in when invited through His son.
MBG

Old 06-14-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantL View Post
OK, but you didn't answer the question. Do babies that are not capable of accepting Christ go to Hell? Also, please quote a scripture that supports your answer.
Luke 18:16-17
16But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

17Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

MBG

Old 06-14-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Maybe you should read the post I was replying to instead of taking another personal shot at me. Oh right though you are Christian and I'm not so I guess that makes it ok for you, right?
You took verses out of context, it was not a shot at you Irish... many of those verses were not even the right ones, half verses etc...
You may not have even known this. So, it was not a shot, sorry if you took it that way, that is why I started another thread.
I have a great passion for God's Words, and when they are pulled out of context and misquoted, I feel I have no choice but to set it straight. One poster posted on here that taking the bible out of context was something Christians were famous for...I find that quite sad, quite disturbing. Sadly, many do, to forward their own agenda.

MBG

Old 06-14-2007, 11:06 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,815,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
You took verses out of context, it was not a shot at you Irish... many of those verses were not even the right ones, half verses etc...
You may not have even known this. So, it was not a shot, sorry if you took it that way, that is why I started another thread.
I have a great passion for God's Words, and when they are pulled out of context and misquoted, I feel I have no choice but to set it straight. One poster posted on here that taking the bible out of context was something Christians were famous for...I find that quite sad, quite disturbing. Sadly, many do, to forward their own agenda.

MBG

Again you didn't read the post I was replying to. It was Blueberry's post about Corinthians and not being sure what scripture means.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:16 AM

212 posts, read 858,861 times
Quote:
God is not in everybody... and least that is not what Christians believe...God only comes in when invited through His son.
I guess that depends on the church. I can't speak for every denomination.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkbr View Post
I guess that depends on the church. I can't speak for every denomination.
That is the Christian belief...I know not all of those who believe in a god believe this
MBG

Old 06-14-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Again you didn't read the post I was replying to. It was Blueberry's post about Corinthians and not being sure what scripture means.
I saw the post Irish, you were replying to... and you answered it by taking scripture, often even incorrect quotes completely out of context... chances are since it was cut and paste job you did not know that is what you did.
I posted all your scriptures in complete context and they in fact teach the exact opposite.
MBG

Old 06-14-2007, 11:24 AM

These are the posts I am speaking to...I was not even involved with your banter with Blueberry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Irishmom, your posts are sweet and gentle, and I like reading them. I like the pictures you paint with your words of a nicer, kinder, gentler God who understands us all and will accept us all, in the end, no matter what, just because he loves us. I would very much like to believe that, but I'd need some scriptural support to think about it. Do you have any verses? You don't need to quote chapter and verse...if you're like me, you probably don't have them memorized. Lots of times I can only remember the gist of a verse. So, if you have anything from the Bible that you can provide in the way of support for your view, I'd really like to know what that is. Thanks!
Then your cut and paste:
scripture out of context answer:

Quote:
Here's a few, I'm sure I could find more if you need. But like I said I really believe that God can do what He wants, and that He would want to save everyone. One way for Him to do that is to bring Jesus into the hearts and lives of some, but for others He has chosen a different path. I don't think there is only one way for Him to do that. I am confident and comfortable with these beliefs, just as many are that what they believe is true. I also think it's all good as long as you respect the beliefs of others.

1Tim 2:4-God will have all to be saved
1Tim 2:4-God desires all to come to the knowledge of truth
1Tim 2:6-Salvation of all is testified in due time
1Jn 4:42-Jesus is Savior of the world
Jn 12:32-Jesus will draw all mankind unto Himself
Col 1:16-By Him all were created
Rm 5:15-21-In Adam all condemned, in Christ all live
1Cor 15:22-In Adam all die, in Christ all live
Rm 11:26-All Israel will be saved
Eph 2:7-His grace shown in the ages to come
Titus 2:11-Grace has appeared to all
1Cor 4:5-All will have praise of God
Jms 5:11-End of the Lord is full of mercy
Rm 11:32-All subject to unbelief, mercy on all
Jn 5:25-All dead who hear will live
Jn 5:28-All in the grave will hear & come forth-
Ps 46:10-God will do all His pleasure-
Gen 18:18-All families of the earth will be blessed
Dan 4:35-God's will done in heaven and earth
Ps 33:15-God fashions all hearts-
Prv 16:9-Man devises, God directs his steps-
La 3:31,32-God will not cast off forever
Ps 72:18-God only does wondrous things
Jer 32:17-Nothing is too difficult for Him
Ps 145:9-He is good to all-
Ps 145:9-His mercies are over all his works
Ps 145:14-He raises all who fall-
Jn 6:44-No one can come to Him unless He draws them.
Jn 12:32-I will draw all mankind unto Myself
I hope that clears things up...I started another thread last night for you so you can see where these scriptures do not support what you claim.
//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ill-saved.html
MBG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.