Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 09:46 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
1: Show any evidential support for this claim.
Glad you asked: Dwindling In Unbelief: How many has God killed? (Complete list and estimated total)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 09:48 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,645,352 times
Quote:
islam is not a part of terrorism
No, but terrorism is definitely a part of Islam.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:18 PM

232 posts, read 701,051 times
all the 9/11 terrorist were muslums. A Terrorist named Muhammed made up this BS called Islam

therefore Islam=Terrorism.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:12 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,559,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier1774 View Post
all the 9/11 terrorist were muslums .
Let's go a little further...fifteen of the nineteen hijackers were Saudi's. Osama Bin Laden manages Al Queda. The United States oil companies have been present in Saudia Arabia since the 1930's. The Bin Laden family is a billionaire in oil products. I wonder if there is a connection?

Old 05-23-2010, 02:04 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
I wonder if there is a connection?
Yeah., they all follow a faith founded by a pedophile and a terrorist.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:10 PM

667 posts, read 940,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
i just wanted to put it out there that terrorism has nothing to do with islam. anything that islam teaches a muslim will follow meaning that just because someone claims to be or looks like a muslim and say suicide is ok in any wqy shape or form, this includes the killings of innocent people, it is no permissable. NO WHERE in the quran or any hadith does it say that these actions are permissable.

HaHaHa,

are you joking?

Quotes from the Qur'an

And here is some additional information about Lying in Islam.

TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Taqiyya and the Truth

Old 05-23-2010, 04:58 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Impressed you responded even if it is just with a blog. (If I asked a Fundamentalist to support a statement and they cited a blog I'd be telling them the same thing)

Even if the world in 4000 BC or so had 30 million people, which I'm not sure it did, the world described in Noah almost certainly did not have that many people. Noah is reportedly ten generations removed from Adam. You can get thirty million people in ten generations if population quintuples every generation, but I'm skeptical the Bible is imagining Noah as living in a world that populated. There's no indications I can see in it to justify that. The story seems to describe a world with a few thousand people or maybe tens of thousands.

Still even taking Noah aside I guess s/he gets to around 3 million. However this is one person's estimates so I'd need more to really judge the matter. It's possible I suppose but three million over a people of a thousand years is certainly less than what Genghiz Khan or maybe even Napoleon managed in a few decades.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:41 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Impressed you responded even if it is just with a blog. (If I asked a Fundamentalist to support a statement and they cited a blog I'd be telling them the same thing)

Even if the world in 4000 BC or so had 30 million people, which I'm not sure it did, the world described in Noah almost certainly did not have that many people. Noah is reportedly ten generations removed from Adam. You can get thirty million people in ten generations if population quintuples every generation, but I'm skeptical the Bible is imagining Noah as living in a world that populated. There's no indications I can see in it to justify that. The story seems to describe a world with a few thousand people or maybe tens of thousands.

Still even taking Noah aside I guess s/he gets to around 3 million. However this is one person's estimates so I'd need more to really judge the matter. It's possible I suppose but three million over a people of a thousand years is certainly less than what Genghiz Khan or maybe even Napoleon managed in a few decades.
Well with the flood and big boat, percentage wise, your god is untouchable. Noah and family divided by total world population at the time. The only question is how many 9's follow "god killed 99.99999999% of all life on an entire planet". Dude that is some extreme abuse of power. And you celebrate that, that is sick.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:18 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
You don't really know what I celebrate or even if I think the Flood actually happened. A global flood strikes me as unlikely although I respect those that believe in it.

The idea of it to me is that some people were truly irredeemable. Or that sometimes you have to "burn the house down, blow the lid off, and start things over." (To paraphrase Northern Exposure) I am a fairly conservative and gradualist person so I don't really lean toward doing this very often, but there are situations where you just have to start over. Where you have to maybe leave that abusive relationship or horrible dictatorship and start your life anew somewhere else. Noah maybe depicts that in a more dramatic fashion than some find palatable, but meh.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:14 PM

615 posts, read 544,821 times
In the Quran Allah tells us to terrorize the disbelievers (kafirs), now terrorize in the context doesn't mean just violence. Any Muslim who denies this is a kafir, because they aren't following the Quran. You can't follow bits and pieces of the Quran, you have to follow it all, or you're munafiq.

8:59Let not the unbelievers think that they can get the better (of the godly): they will never frustrate (them). Wala yahsabanna allatheenakafaroo sabaqoo innahum la yuAAjizoona 8:60Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies, of Allah and your enemies, and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom Allah doth know. Whatever ye shall spend in the cause of Allah, shall be repaid unto you, and ye shall not be treated unjustly. WaaAAiddoo lahum ma istataAAtummin quwwatin wamin ribati alkhayli turhiboona bihiAAaduwwa Allahi waAAaduwwakum waakhareena mindoonihim la taAAlamoonahumu Allahu yaAAlamuhum wamatunfiqoo min shay-in fee sabeeli Allahi yuwaffa ilaykumwaantum la tuthlamoona
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam