Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 09:40 PM

397 posts, read 608,211 times

Advertisements

i just wanted to put it out there that terrorism has nothing to do with islam. anything that islam teaches a muslim will follow meaning that just because someone claims to be or looks like a muslim and say suicide is ok in any wqy shape or form, this includes the killings of innocent people, it is no permissable. NO WHERE in the quran or any hadith does it say that these actions are permissable. if you want to know why those terrorist commit suicide or kill innocent peolple in the name of god (allah) then your guess os as good as mine because i dont know exactly why they do that and believe its permissable or even okay. its not. anyone who thinks that islam/muslims and terrorist go together has not researched the religion/way of life.

i just wanted to put that that out there because it upsets me that people think im a bad or even a horrible person just because of what i believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 10:43 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
i just wanted to put it out there that terrorism has nothing to do with islam. anything that islam teaches a muslim will follow meaning that just because someone claims to be or looks like a muslim and say suicide is ok in any wqy shape or form, this includes the killings of innocent people, it is no permissable. NO WHERE in the quran or any hadith does it say that these actions are permissable. if you want to know why those terrorist commit suicide or kill innocent peolple in the name of god (allah) then your guess os as good as mine because i dont know exactly why they do that and believe its permissable or even okay. its not. anyone who thinks that islam/muslims and terrorist go together has not researched the religion/way of life.

i just wanted to put that that out there because it upsets me that people think im a bad or even a horrible person just because of what i believe.
I know the Qur'an and the hadiths in the Sunna and . . . you are lying about them . . . probably as part of the required deception of infidels that Allah commands under Dar al Harb. You also get credit with Allah for every act of the jihadis . . . as long as you secretly support them with deception of the infidels. I have posted the relevant verses several times during other discussions with Muslims in this forum. I have no doubt you are a decent person . . . but your religion is intolerant, deceptive and evil in its intent of world conquest.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:52 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I know the Qur'an and the hadiths in the Sunna and . . . you are lying about them . . . probably as part of the required deception of infidels that Allah commands under Dar al Harb. You also get credit with Allah for every act of the jihadis . . . as long as you secretly support them with deception of the infidels. I have posted the relevant verses several times during other discussions with Muslims in this forum. I have no doubt you are a decent person . . . but your religion is intolerant, deceptive and evil in its intent of world conquest.
And with that you could be talking about any religion, including your own. When the religious extremists rise to power, including the last two bible beating Bush presidents that started 3 wars, then everyone suffers, and many die.

Inconvenient, but that is the reality.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:42 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
Asheville Native, you are quite right. Religious extremists of any stripe are dangerous for the rest of us. Religion is at heart an antidemocratic, absolutist way of seeing the world.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:10 AM

46 posts, read 132,600 times
In the name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful. Praise be to Allah, and may his peace and blessings be upon Muhammad and upon his household and companions, and all those who follow him.

Islam is religion of peace, love and kindness. It does not permit any kind of violence. It has nothing to do with terrorism. But now a days Islamic enemies are doing a planned propaganda against Islam and Muslims by portraying a wrong picture of Islam and linking Jihad to terrorism.

In Holy Quran Allah has made clear instruction regarding jihad and has strictly forbidden any kind of offensive action against the innocents.

Allah Says in Quran: Fight in the path of God those who fight you, but do not aggress. Surely God does not love the aggressors. And fight them where you come upon them, and send them out from where they have sent you out, for persecution is a worse thing than fighting. And do not fight them at the Sacred Mosque (in Mecca) unless they fight you there, but if they fight you, and then fight them back. That is the reward of the rejectors. Then if they cease, so God is All-Forgiving, Gentle. And fight them until there is no more persecution and the religion is for God. But if they cease, so let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers. - Surah al-Baqarat verses 190-193

It is the duty of every Muslim to give the world the true picture of Islam by practicing the teaching of Quran and Sunnah.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:30 AM

125 posts, read 68,147 times
Quote:

The facts, a Universe of facts for 800 years, prove you to be mistaken (I won't call you a liar).

Islam is nothing but abuse, of it's own adherents and especially to non-adherents. If you have the slightest doubt about this, take a look at any post-puberty Islam woman from any even moderately devout family. Dressed up like it's the dead of winter in the heat of the day. From soup to nuts, Islam is abuse. You pray every day to Mecca, which is the city of Islam's first slaughter and conquest.

I don't know you, you might be a great guy, but you are a captive of evil incarnate. How many millions more must be slaughtered in Jihad? How many heads sawn off from the torso's of non-believers, or hands and feet from the arms and legs of captives for minor offenses.

Do you ever wonder why there is so much animus against Islam? Think about why, think of the abuse, of the blood, of the guts and viscera flung far and wide by Islam's bomb's. The very future of humanity is at stake because of what you believe. Now you know why. Now you know.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:29 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
I agree suicide bombing is an innovation that is not part of Islamic tradition. You do not see until the twentieth century even though Muslims had explosives centuries before then. The killing of children and women is also forbidden, unless they are soldiers, and other groups are sometimes added to the "can't kill" list.

That being said to say violence of any kind is not allowed in Islam is pretty clearly incorrect. Muhammad led an army.

"Scholars agree that all polytheists should be fought" Averroes, who was not an extremist and was in fact on the Rationalist side of Islam as I recall. He indicates that various scholars said you could not kill women, the elderly, the blind, the disabled in general, the elderly, the insane, and religious hermits. He adds that it is necessary to have a summons and that the group may be safe if they pay a kind of tribute.

Certain variant forms of Islam in modern times take a more peaceful approach, forbidding all violence except in cases of self-defense, but from what I can tell in my studies of Islam this is a minority view. It is not an illegitimate view or an insincere view, but it's harder to justify from the Qur'an or Sunnah. In fairness the idea that war can only be in self-defense is not something the US, UK, et alia practice either. Most of our wars since WWII are not about being directly attacked by anyone. (Afghanistan being an exception or partial exception) So some Muslim critics have stated judging them for not being pacifist is hypocritical and insincere as we're not a group of pacifists either. Just like judging polygamy is basically insincere as we have plenty of men who maintain relationships with their ex-wives, in all senses, after remarriage to a second or third wife. And I can see that. However to argue Islam is outright pacifistic is basically dishonest.

That being said the view that all Muslims are slathering misogynist fanatics is very unfair. Albania, Mali, Senegal, and Turkey are full of fairly tolerant Muslims. They may not be pacifist, but they're fairly democratic societies that allow a degree of religious freedom. You rarely or never hear of a Senegalese blowing themselves up. Also the Ismailis may have been "the Assassins" at one time, but in our time the Aga Khan does a good deal of noble work. And although the Muslims deem Ahmadis heretics they have had many charitable or brilliant people. Jazz musician Yusef Lateef and Nobel Laureate Abdus Salam are Ahmadis.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:06 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,164,177 times
Quote:

Just like the other Abrahamic religions Islam has a bunch of verses that can be interpreted to terrorize.

The different is, in islam the crazies do not have the majority of their religious followers telling them they are wrong.
The deafening silence from the "moderate Muslims" can only be interpenetrated as an acceptance of their actions.

Until the moderate muslims find the courage to stand up to the crazy muslims, they will find it impossible to step out of this stereotype.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:18 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
Many Muslims do stand up. Also the peaceful elements of Islam have often been fatalistic or Quietist to some degree. So they'll believe that what will happen will happen or that it's out of their hands. Or they will think that "rocking the boat", even with the best of intentions, often makes things worse. Many also live, or lived, in dictatorships where there's a general tendency to think "the person who sticks their neck out may get it chopped off."

All that said the polls and studies indicate that generally Muslims approve of violence against Israel to varying degrees.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:49 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,011 times
Quote:
Islam is not part of terrorism
Man has been experienced to quarrells, conflicts and wars.
Wars has been continuous all over the human history.
Every emperor invaded many countries and a large number of people were killed.
Impostors all over the human history made wars and transgression and slaughter.

Atheists are liars; and their lies are so obvious to anyone that studies history.

In the modern history: two world wars.

After the Ottoman extensive state broke down; what happened: see what happened:

Each European state crossed to the confronting country of Muslims and occupied it.

Italy crossed the Mediterranean Sea --> and occupied Libya.
France crossed this sea --> and occupied Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco.
Spain also came and occupied Mauritania (together with France)
And England ...what about England: Great Britain as they called it --> occupied Egypt, Jordan, Iraq and the Gulf countries.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CAkQ9QEwAA

List of some Arab and Muslim countries occupied by the Imperialist Western states:

Egypt --> occupied by France then by England.
Libya ---> occupied by Italy.
Tunisia --> occupied by France.
Algeria --> occupied by France.
Moroco --> occupied by France.
Mauritanis --> occupied by Spain and France.
Syria --->occupied by France.
Lebanon --> occupied by France.
Palestine --> occupied by England --> who gave Palestine to the Zionists to establish the
state of Israel.
Jordan --> occupied by England.
Iraq --> occupied by England.
The Gulf --> occupied by England.

In addition, the Western countries made the two World Wars; in the second one of such wars about 50 millions of people were killed.

And till now their fleets are going here and there roaming and occupying.

Iraq what they did to Iraq; how many human souls have they killed in Iraq? in addition to using the uranium waste in their weapons.

And they come here and speak about peace, civilization, and terror: yes, terror: fear: and excessive fear is the terror: so they are terrified --> and therefore, they went and occupied Afganistan and Iraq, and they now threaten Iran.

They also aid the Zionists against the Palestinians: why? because Zionists are civilized and Palestinians are savages: throwing stones on Zionists; so they must kill the Palestinians with bullets.
Palestinians throw stones and Zionists kill them with bullets.

<http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflicts/english3.htm#Balfour_Declaration_November_2_1917_>

Last edited by eanassir; 05-21-2010 at 06:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam