Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 05:41 AM

46 posts, read 132,619 times

Advertisements

While creating human beings, God also entitled them with some duties and responsibilities. Through his prophets and by revealing different books on them Allah delivered his message to the mankind. Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) was the Last Prophet of Allah and the Holy Quran was the last book which was revealed on prohphet (s.a.w). It took 23 years for the complete Holy Quran to be revealed. It revealed in the forms of Surahs and verses. It is the ultimate word of Allah for the entire humanity till the end of the world.

Holy Quran is not to be considered as an ordinary book. It is a treasure of Knowledge and a perfect guideline for the human life. Every aspect of human life has been discussed in Quran in a beautiful manner. This was the book which brought revolution in the world. The quality of this wonderful book is that it is still as revolutionary book as it was in the historical times when it was revealed. I can still turn our lives around.

If we look at the current situation of our lives, there are so many things that are a part of our life. In all these things there are a very few cases when we see Holy Quran as a part of a person daily life. This is reason; we have got so many problems in our lives today. Depression and Tensions is prevailing everywhere. Human beings are fighting with each other. There is disbelief, dishonesty, violence and arrogance everywhere. All these problems have one single solution that is to follow the Path of Allah which is Holy Quran.

How many of us recite Quran regularly and how many of us follow it, Do we really have a place for Holy Quran in our lives or not? These are the Question which every Muslims should ask himself and it will give you the answer for the problems prevailing in your life.

By Learning Quran, understanding it and following it we can make our life perfect. Quran reading must be a part of our daily life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 06:31 AM

494 posts, read 890,393 times
The place for the Koran is on the shelf of fiction, right next to the bible and the talmud and every other "holy" text.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:04 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Smile Beware simple solutions that lack respect for your fellow man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
Holy Quran is not to be considered as an ordinary book. It is a treasure of Knowledge and a perfect guideline for the human life. Every aspect of human life has been discussed in Quran in a beautiful manner.

These problems have one single solution that is to follow the Path of Allah which is Holy Quran.

How many of us recite Quran regularly and how many of us follow it,

Quran reading must be a part of our daily life.
1. I assume you're aiming this thread only at your fellow Muslims, yes? Because Christians, Shintoists, Buddhists, and us billions of perfectly happy atheists do not even own, much less read, a qu-Ran, and yet we exist, and happily.

2. No single book can be a "perfect guide" to any and all situations, unless it simply states something like "Be good and treat others with due respect". First, last and only page required.

3. The consequences written into the Qu'ran for disobedience or a total lack of belief in it are similar to those threatened in the bible. All aimed at creating an obedient "sheeple" congregation. In the case of the Qu'Ran, it seems bent on creating a population of warriors.

4. Think for yourself, deny any written text that tells you to go forth and kill your fellow man, and be at peace with the natural world.

5. Remember, when doing holy battle against some other equally "sheeplized" culture, they will also earnestly quote their "book" as they press the button to annihilate your side.

6. Meaning, the side with more firepower wins. Where does it warn you of that in the Qu'Ran?

Go in peace, brother!

Old 05-31-2010, 07:39 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
1. I assume you're aiming this thread only at your fellow Muslims, yes? Because Christians, Shintoists, Buddhists, and us billions of perfectly happy atheists do not even own, much less read, a qu-Ran, and yet we exist, and happily.

2. No single book can be a "perfect guide" to any and all situations, unless it simply states something like "Be good and treat others with due respect". First, last and only page required.

3. The consequences written into the Qu'ran for disobedience or a total lack of belief in it are similar to those threatened in the bible. All aimed at creating an obedient "sheeple" congregation. In the case of the Qu'Ran, it seems bent on creating a population of warriors.

4. Think for yourself, deny any written text that tells you to go forth and kill your fellow man, and be at peace with the natural world.

5. Remember, when doing holy battle against some other equally "sheeplized" culture, they will also earnestly quote their "book" as they press the button to annihilate your side.

6. Meaning, the side with more firepower wins. Where does it warn you of that in the Qu'Ran?

Go in peace, brother!
Rifleman, I'm issuing a fatwa and am burning your effigy right now

Old 05-31-2010, 11:50 AM

251 posts, read 423,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
While creating human beings, God also entitled them with some duties and responsibilities. Through his prophets and by revealing different books on them Allah delivered his message to the mankind. Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) was the Last Prophet of Allah and the Holy Quran was the last book which was revealed on prohphet (s.a.w). It took 23 years for the complete Holy Quran to be revealed. It revealed in the forms of Surahs and verses. It is the ultimate word of Allah for the entire humanity till the end of the world.

Holy Quran is not to be considered as an ordinary book. It is a treasure of Knowledge and a perfect guideline for the human life. Every aspect of human life has been discussed in Quran in a beautiful manner. This was the book which brought revolution in the world. The quality of this wonderful book is that it is still as revolutionary book as it was in the historical times when it was revealed. I can still turn our lives around.

If we look at the current situation of our lives, there are so many things that are a part of our life. In all these things there are a very few cases when we see Holy Quran as a part of a person daily life. This is reason; we have got so many problems in our lives today. Depression and Tensions is prevailing everywhere. Human beings are fighting with each other. There is disbelief, dishonesty, violence and arrogance everywhere. All these problems have one single solution that is to follow the Path of Allah which is Holy Quran.

How many of us recite Quran regularly and how many of us follow it, Do we really have a place for Holy Quran in our lives or not? These are the Question which every Muslims should ask himself and it will give you the answer for the problems prevailing in your life.

By Learning Quran, understanding it and following it we can make our life perfect. Quran reading must be a part of our daily life.

without doubt, ***Holy Quran is not to be considered as an ordinary book. It is a treasure of Knowledge and a perfect guideline for the human life.****

I call to every one here reading to Koran then Judge by himself

I hope everyone give to selfhim/her the opportunity

may allah reward you my bro.

imanway

Old 05-31-2010, 12:12 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,553 times
The Hud, no doubt, the believers and non-believers, the one's for moral and righteous solutions and the ones for measured predictions of action to find out the solutions.

I read that one, and it conflicted with any merciful economic results, which is just as well because we environmentalists can enjoy 'I told you so."

Old 05-31-2010, 12:27 PM

232 posts, read 701,271 times
the place for the quran is next to the toilet in case one runs out of good toilet paper...Actually a few years back some POS left Qurans on my side walk ... I used it to pick up my dog's S*** that week.. worked pretty well...so there is a use for it.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:38 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier1774 View Post
the place for the quran is next to the toilet in case one runs out of good toilet paper...Actually a few years back some POS left Qurans on my side walk ... I used it to pick up my dog's S*** that week.. worked pretty well...so there is a use for it.

You are an imbecile.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:43 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,359 times
The place for the Qur'an is in the section of the bookshelf for fantasy novels, alongside such works as the LOTR, the Darktower series and Redwall.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:50 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier1774 View Post

Wait till the world is again for agnosticism a sess-pool of broken chairs and purple suspender belts. Is this only that to expect I told you so, or to pass on towards the decision that consortium of empty promises by misguided politicians is at the beloved memories of Wars inapplicable to today's needs for simply survival.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam