Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 01:22 PM

235 posts, read 424,618 times

Advertisements

Jackson - City of the Future Presentation - David Watkins' Photos

Has anyone seen this new presentation on the Watkins website? I love going there because it is just so inspirational, and I love that it shows artists renderings for projects like Whitney Place and Eastover. I truly hope we can accomplish most of these things within the next 5 years. What are some of your favorite developments in this presentation or what are some things you would like to see added?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 01:26 PM

I wouldn't mind if the Eastover development is what The Renaissance was supposed to be. It should bring high end shopping that is truly NEW to the metro (since the Renaissance mainly failed in that aspect). I would love to see a theater with an IMAX screen and a Cheesecake Factory and an Urban Outfitters all within that area. It would also be nice to get a Sony Style and Crate&Barrel, too. That's why I love that presentation. It makes me so hopeful for Jackson's future.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:52 PM

I was also thinking that it would be great to get a high end Macys in the Eastover development. I know we have had this discussion before, but I think a nice Macys would be great for the Jackson metro area, especially if we have medium and high end dining is around. I'm just so excited for the future of Jackson.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:03 PM

783 posts, read 2,257,863 times
Yeah yeah. I'd just like to see some growth in diversity ala a little italy, koreatown, or (especially) a latino section similar to echo park. I realize you need businesses to provide jobs to people in order to get that sort of diversity, but I really couldn't care less what sorts of stores open up. We've got Dillards all over the place, what's the big deal about Macy's?

Old 08-04-2010, 09:13 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,486,240 times
This is nice. One thing though, City View Apartments does not look like it belongs anywhere north of the I-10 IMO. As soon as September gets here those trees will be dead. I see plenty of potential in Whitney Place and Old Capitol Green.

Last edited by WestbankNOLA; 08-04-2010 at 09:31 PM..

Old 08-05-2010, 08:00 PM

I agree that Old Capital Green, Whitney Place and Eastover will be huge changes for Jackson. I think Macy's is important because it is a hugely popular brand. I don't personally like Macy's, but that doesn't change that millions do. I would love for a nice, upscale Macy's and Nordstrom to locate in the Eastover development. I actually think Nordstrom isn't that far-fetched since we were going to get a Parisian before Saks sold it to Belk.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:22 AM

190 posts, read 692,514 times
Parisian and Nordstrom are on two entirely different levels when it comes to stores. The metro area may be ready for a Macy's (somewhere in between), but a large upscale store like Nordstrom simply could not thrive here.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:00 PM

99 posts, read 327,471 times
I loved those futuristic drawings. I was born in Meridian, raised in Iowa, and enjoy looking at developments that enhance Mississippi's economic and social profile. Over the next 25-30 years, Mississippi has the potential to become another high-growth state (economic/population/educational), on a level of a Tennessee, or even Georgia (I'm not going there yet ). Its interstate highway system (I-20/I-55) is perfect for the transportation of goods and services North-South/East-West, and beyond. Needless to say, Jackson is the anchor of Mississippi: If it prospers, then the rest of the state will follow.

The only issue that I have with the presentation is that it did not show any future skyscraper development. That would've made it even better than it was!!

Old 08-06-2010, 05:10 PM

507 posts, read 878,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popquez87 View Post
Jackson - City of the Future Presentation - David Watkins' Photos

Has anyone seen this new presentation on the Watkins website? I love going there because it is just so inspirational, and I love that it shows artists renderings for projects like Whitney Place and Eastover. I truly hope we can accomplish most of these things within the next 5 years. What are some of your favorite developments in this presentation or what are some things you would like to see added?

Jackson could well look like the american future.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:52 PM

5,003 posts, read 9,154,555 times
The Supreme Court building looks nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson