Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 07:28 AM

190 posts, read 692,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by covedweller View Post
Some of my favorite restaurants:

Jackson:

Char: Steaks, seafood (the cowboy cut ribeye gets my vote. http://charrestaurant.com/pdf/CharDinnerMenu.pdf

Julep: southern style; upscale (the fried chicken is what they are famous for. also recommend the shrimp and grits). http://www.juleprestaurant.com/menus/dinner.pdf

Ridgeland:

Amerigo: Italian (duck and sausage pasta is my favorite, along with the tiramisu) http://amerigo.net/resources/PDF/Dinner-Jackson.pdf

Rossini: Italian/seafood. Dont think they have website.

The Parker House: good variety (steaks, seafood)

Menu | Parker House (http://www.theparkerhouse.com/menu/ - broken link)

Hope the links work. Also in Flowood, Cerami's (Italian)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 11:22 PM

580 posts, read 1,421,893 times
Mugshots, Last Call, Time Out, Cozuelas, Margaritas, Sportsman Lounge, Hal and Mals, King Edwards/Hilton Bar, The Green Room, and many many more in Jackson

Old 07-27-2011, 09:28 AM

3 posts, read 7,336 times
I have lived in Jackson for 25 years, and now live in Oxford, MS. I would like to tell you about Geocaching in MS. This is a scavenger hunting sport that anyone young or old can participate in. If you like hiking, kayaking, walking, touring old historic homes, going to the park, etc then this is the sport for you.

Do you want something free to do this weekend, check out [url=http://www.MSGA.net]Mississippi Geocachers Association[/url] or geocaching.com to learn more about geocaching in Mississippi. We are a free non profit organization promoting geocaching in MS, getting people outdoors and learning about MS.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:48 PM

18 posts, read 40,449 times
I'm kind of late responding so you may not ever read this, ha, but I've lived in Jackson for two years and around the area my entire life, so I wanted to chime in:

Your best bet, as others have said, is read Jackson Free Press! You can pick them up all over Jackson. On the contrary to what a very pessimistic poster said earlier, there is actually a very decent arts scene in Jackson--always something going on. JFP gives the lowdown on everything happening around town. Fondren and Belhaven are very vibrant communities and often have events such as Fondren after 5, etc. The Belhaven music and crafts festival, Bright Lights Belhaven Nights, is coming up this month. As I said, all this info and more is in JFP or on their site.

My favorite bars are Fenian's and Ole Tavern (formerly George St. Grocery). Thursday night is Irish night at Fenian's--always a good time. Keifer's is a great restaurant, very popular "local Jackson" place. When I moved away for college, I would literally crave Keifer's. Other favorite local places to eat are Amerigo, Sal and Mookie's, Broadstreet Bakery, PanAsia (best sushi in town!!) For coffee, Sneaky Beans in Fondren or Cups in Fondren. Also check out Sneaky Beans for music events. A great place near the reservoir is Soulshine Pizza. Again, lots of live music and awesome food.

I have two favorite weekends in Jackson by far:: Celtic Fest and the St. Patrick's Day Parade. Celtic Fest is at the Ag Museum on Lakeland Drive every September. Sooo fun. St. Paddy's Day Parade (plus all the after parties) is a can't miss in Jackson--long way off from now but go ahead and mark your calendar!

Definitely check out New Stage Theatre in Belhaven. Lemuria is a great bookstore. If you like shopping, check out Fondren for funky and unique shops. The Orange Peel is a great consignment boutique. A bigger consignment store is Repeat Street, in Ridgeland--they have cool furniture and home decor. The Renaissance Mall (open air shopping) in Ridgeland is relatively new and very nice for upscale shops. They have Anthropologie which I can rarely afford but love to go in and drool over. They also have some great restaurants there (LOVE Biaggi's, a chain but still great food), and the grocery store Fresh Market which is one of my favorite places to shop.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:40 PM

352 posts, read 781,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey38655 View Post
I have lived in Jackson for 25 years, and now live in Oxford, MS. I would like to tell you about Geocaching in MS. This is a scavenger hunting sport that anyone young or old can participate in. If you like hiking, kayaking, walking, touring old historic homes, going to the park, etc then this is the sport for you.

Do you want something free to do this weekend, check out Mississippi Geocachers Association or geocaching.com to learn more about geocaching in Mississippi. We are a free non profit organization promoting geocaching in MS, getting people outdoors and learning about MS.

This sounds interesting, I might check it out once I'm in MS for good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson