Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 02:05 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
What city in MS is the most safest then?
I've never been to Mississippi, but a friend of mine spent a significant amount of time traveling throughout the entire state. He's usually pretty descriptive when he talks about his travels and experiences, however he had only one word to describe Mississippi: Hell. When I asked him to expound, he said "that's all I've got to say about the place".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 11:43 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times
What makes MS not a safe place? Its the most dangerous state?

Old 11-12-2011, 11:57 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
I've never been to Mississippi, but a friend of mine spent a significant amount of time traveling throughout the entire state. He's usually pretty descriptive when he talks about his travels and experiences, however he had only one word to describe Mississippi: Hell. When I asked him to expound, he said "that's all I've got to say about the place".
Where did he go and what did he do?

Old 11-12-2011, 02:15 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Where did he go and what did he do?
He was all over the state paving.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:46 PM

185 posts, read 405,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
You gotta love it when someone who has never been to a particular place shows up on a forum and bashes that place based on anecdotal "information".....

I have lived in a dozen states all over the country, and Mississippi is BY NO MEANS "hell". I'd say your friend must've had a run-in with someone while working here, and has an axe to grind. I can find you areas in ALL 50 states that are less than desirable places to live, but to broad-brush an entire state as "hell" is just plan IGNORANT.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:10 PM

25,570 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie7597 View Post
You gotta love it when someone who has never been to a particular place shows up on a forum and bashes that place based on anecdotal "information".....

I have lived in a dozen states all over the country, and Mississippi is BY NO MEANS "hell". I'd say your friend must've had a run-in with someone while working here, and has an axe to grind. I can find you areas in ALL 50 states that are less than desirable places to live, but to broad-brush an entire state as "hell" is just plan IGNORANT.
He's a road paver. An asphalt guy. You ever seen what they look like? The environment they live in? Their life is hell! Paving North Dakota is hell, I can imagine what paving Mississippi is like. Whatever money he made in Mississippi he earned!

I wouldn't want to talk about it either.... I'd just want to drink.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:54 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,009,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
He's a road paver. An asphalt guy. You ever seen what they look like? The environment they live in? Their life is hell! Paving North Dakota is hell, I can imagine what paving Mississippi is like. Whatever money he made in Mississippi he earned!

I wouldn't want to talk about it either.... I'd just want to drink.
The only hellish thing in Mississippi I've experienced is the heat on July 4th, good Lord I didn't know what to make of it when I first experienced it!

Other than that, the people were the farthest from Hell, with all the churches around it must stave away all the hellishness.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:38 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,393 times
Amazing the folks who bash any state and have never been there, or even passed through. Why don't all y'all read the data provided at city-data.com before you choose to slander, libel, and otherwise denegrate the po' folks who do live there, either by choice or by circumstance? I couldn't stand Texas when I was transferred to NAS Dallas back in 12/90, but it grew on me. My home state is Mississippi. Why am I still in Texas you may ask? Cause there's nothing left in Mississippi (family, family business) to return to. I've lived in Texas near bout 21 years, and I lived in Mississippi near bout 24 years before the last Vietnam draft caught up with me. I have no flaming desire to live anywhere else, cause I'm tard of moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson