Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 12:25 PM

2 posts, read 3,936 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I recently graduated from college and have an opportunity for a promotion with my company.. only catch is I might have to move to MS. I am looking for an apartment to rent close to entertainment/restaurants/bars etc. while still being in a safe location.

I have been looking around the suburbs of Jackson. Clinton/Madison/Ridgeland. Anyone have any suggestions for apartments in that area? Cost is not an issue.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 02:08 PM

190 posts, read 692,514 times
I don't believe Clinton has that much to offer along the lines of entertainment, restaurants, and bars, and Madison doesn't have apartments, so I'd look at the apartments along Rice Road in Ridgeland, maybe Legacy or the Pointe.

Legacy Apartments in Ridgeland, MS | Apartments.com

The Pointe of Ridgeland Apartments in Ridgeland, MS | Apartments.com

Old 05-08-2012, 06:59 PM

1,098 posts, read 3,109,702 times
You have several options. The residential Belhaven neighborhood immediately surrounding the campus around Belhaven University is a mix of charming older homes and apartments. This gets you near the charming Fondren district with many interesting restaurants. It's also near downtown which has a number of fun bars and restaurants.

Next consider Ridgeland as noted above, there are numerous nice apartment complexes along Rice Rd and Lake Harbour Rd right next to the reservoir which is a great area. This is a newer area with many apartments, subdivisions, strip malls, and a variety of restaurants.

For something really pricey, try the Township at Colony Park in Ridgeland. This a newer, very upscalearea. Also nice and new is Flowood, with many nice apartments and new shopping and restaurants along Lakeland Drive in Rankin County.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:48 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,166,603 times
If I were you, i would pick Ridgeland.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:04 AM

2 posts, read 3,936 times
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the valuable input!

Old 06-06-2012, 01:56 PM

351 posts, read 1,126,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by covedweller View Post
I don't believe Clinton has that much to offer along the lines of entertainment, restaurants, and bars.
Understatement of the year. Clinton would definitely not be a pick for a young professional looking for a social scene. The town is highly influenced by the Baptists, hence it has strict zoning that doesn't allow bars and limited restaurants. You can find townhome and duplex type rentals with a yard though (appealing if you have a dog), for less than you'd pay in Ridgeland and it's a safe area which has nice amenities such as the Healthplex gym.

If you're looking for more a urban/progressive lifestyle, check into Fondren/Belhaven. My concern would be security there, as you are a single female.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:25 PM

59 posts, read 243,847 times
The King Edward in downtown Jackson is very nice. The recent influx of money has been somewhat effective in pushing back the filth that had spread to the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson