Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 01:51 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,499,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
In your first post you mentioned being married. So why do you care about "being seen?" By whom are you trying to be seen?
I addressed this. That would correlate to "networking/face time."

Some gyms(like many other venues) have a highly developed social/societal aspect to them.

I have no desire to explain or defend the choice to be involved with such things. Only to point out the reality and my desire to affiliate. It is simply a part of my lifestyle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 02:26 PM

2,502 posts, read 4,435,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
I addressed this. That would correlate to "networking/face time."

Some gyms(like many other venues) have a highly developed social/societal aspect to them.

I have no desire to explain or defend the choice to be involved with such things. Only to point out the reality and my desire to affiliate. It is simply a part of my lifestyle.
No need to defend your choice. I just wanted to understand what you were looking for, to better be able to guide you.

I would think "The Club" would be most likely to satisfy that aspect of your requirements. Courthouse, although also very social, is geared towards the tennis crowd. If you're not a tennis player (tournaments, travel teams, state rankings, etc) you will always be somewhat on the outs...

Old 08-13-2014, 04:16 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,771,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
No need to defend your choice. I just wanted to understand what you were looking for, to better be able to guide you.

I would think "The Club" would be most likely to satisfy that aspect of your requirements. Courthouse, although also very social, is geared towards the tennis crowd. If you're not a tennis player (tournaments, travel teams, state rankings, etc) you will always be somewhat on the outs...
Courthouse, Lakeland, converted their tennis courts to parking, maybe a decade back. Now, the tennis courts are parking for the Cheerleading Academy adjacent the Main Weightroom. Currently, at Lakeland, there's the Weightlifting crowd, the Racquetball crowd, the Swimmers, people enrolled in extreme weight loss or physical therapy programs, and students/professors/research staff at UMMC.

There are at least six Courthouse locations, now. Various ones have featured Tennis. One advantage of having unlimited membership for all locations is that it is possible to access the club used most for Tennis (Northeast, off Old Canton Road, I think...), the one with the best pool for sunbathing, the best steam rooms, etc., depending upon the day's agenda. In a town as small as Jackson, it's easy to get 'Cabin Fever'. Having access to six clubs means you can switch around, when you need a change of scene.

Courthouse USED TO be an IHRSA member, which comes in handy (In addition to our 'fancy private' club in Portland, we're members of a big nearby 'ordinary' health club, with IHRSA status) when you're out of town, or even in an extremely foreign country. When you're staying at the best hotel in a country, your Concierge may be able to get you into the best gym, reserved for the ruling junta and the rich. But he may not know enough English to know that that's what you're looking for - that IHRSA book really is a lifesaver. A couple of times, years back, it got us into the Beverly Hills Country Club, although BHCC is no longer an affiliate club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson