Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 07:29 PM

2 posts, read 6,392 times

Advertisements

Hello People,

i'm moving to jackson from savannah coz of a new job. i'm looking for good and safe place to live.I will be working in crystal springs but since i am single would like to live in places which have something to do,good restaurants and shopping areas. i've heard mixed things about jackson, ms so i have shortlisted some cities which are ridgeland, flowood, brandon. Ready to commute Please advise some safe ,nice neighborhood and apartment complex to live in these areas as per you experience.I am planning to get a single bed room apt no pets.

Also i am an indian guy wud appreciate if you know any indians living in your neighbour or if you can advise were many indians are living.It just easy the transition thats all

Many thanks!

Best Regards
DK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 08:57 PM

772 posts, read 1,000,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2015 View Post
Hello People,

i'm moving to jackson from savannah coz of a new job. i'm looking for good and safe place to live.I will be working in crystal springs but since i am single would like to live in places which have something to do,good restaurants and shopping areas. i've heard mixed things about jackson, ms so i have shortlisted some cities which are ridgeland, flowood, brandon. Ready to commute Please advise some safe ,nice neighborhood and apartment complex to live in these areas as per you experience.I am planning to get a single bed room apt no pets.

Also i am an indian guy wud appreciate if you know any indians living in your neighbour or if you can advise were many indians are living.It just easy the transition thats all

Many thanks!

Best Regards
DK
Ridgeland Apartments:
Oakbrook Apartments $715-835/mo
The Gables $964-1204/mo
Legacy $1079-1339/mo
The Arbors at the Reservoir $915-1200/mo
The Mark Apartments $794-884/mo
The Lexington - Call for rates
The Pointe of Ridgeland - Call for rates
Pinebrook Apartments - Call for rates
Sunchase of Ridgeland - Call for rates
Ridgeland Ranch Apartments $629-904/mo
The Trace of Ridgeland - Call for rates
Van Mark Apartments $830-940/mo
The Arbors at the Natchez Trace $800-900/mo
Park Place $669-929/mo
Pear Orchard Apartments $725-1205/mo
Lakeshore Landing - Call for rates

Most all apartment complexes in Ridgeland are safe, so no problem there!

Now as for Jackson proper, any apartment complex in the 39211 zip code should be fine! Some I'd recommend would be:
1. The Trails at Northpointe
2. The Reserves of Jackson
3. Tracewood Apartments
4. The Park at Moss Creek (A lot of people are going after these and they are nice quality units)
5. Canton Road Manor
6. The Crossings at Ridgewood

I'm sure I'm missing some, but assuming you're on a budget I don't guess you'd be interested in living downtown & paying $1060/mo for rent!

As for Brandon, I know one of the highly coveted complexes over there is the Reserves of Brandon, & the Vineyard at Castlewoods. Again, like Ridgeland most apartment complexes in Brandon are safe!

In Flowood, there are The Woods of Lakeland, which are older units, but still are nice! And then there is Carlton Park Apartments, Shadow Lake, Ashford Place, Reflection Pointe, Cypress Pointe, Laurel Park Apartments. Again, all complexes in Flowood are very safe!

Oh and also! The Fondren community of Jackson has some nice little townhouse/condo type units. There's Fondren Hill Apartments which is mostly occupied by UMC med students, and then there are several apartment options in Belhaven & Belhaven Heights.

Bellevue Court Apartments are one of the most coveted complexes in the Belhaven area and it's gated too I believe! Uhm, as far as South Jackson (Highway 80 West, south down Terry Road, McDowell Road, to Byram city limits) might not be the safest option. But West Jackson (West Capitol Street/I-220/Clinton Boulevard) is NOT safe AT ALL. It's a mini Detroit over on that side of town.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Old 01-24-2015, 10:53 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,350,107 times
Private Message me what your rent range is (or post it here) and I can suggest some places as well as other posters.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:10 AM

1,098 posts, read 3,109,702 times
Anything in Flowood is good and there are quite a few apartment complexes to choose from, depending on what price you want to pay. Flowood is new and safe. Several of them were noted above (Cypress Pointe, Reflection Pointe, Ashford, and Carlton). This would also be an easy area to get over to I-20 and then down to Crystal Springs, and has plenty of diversity and would be a plenty comfortable area to live, although the Indian population is not huge. I would guess that the nicer apartments start for 1 bedrooms at $800 up to $1,100 per month. The older apartments probably start at $650 to $750 but I stand to be corrected on that.

Old 08-19-2015, 05:06 PM

2 posts, read 3,169 times
Default Moving to Jackson,MS

Hi everyone,

I am moving to jackson in September with family on a new job.

We are looking for apartments around jackson,flowood,ridgeland for rent which is very safe and has good Indian community .

Any suggestions will help.

Thanks
APK

Old 08-19-2015, 06:15 PM

772 posts, read 1,000,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apkk View Post
Hi everyone,

I am moving to jackson in September with family on a new job.

We are looking for apartments around jackson,flowood,ridgeland for rent which is very safe and has good Indian community .

Any suggestions will help.

Thanks
APK
For diverse areas with great apartments, Ridgeland is a VERY diverse community with Whites, Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, & Indians.

Some apartment complexes in Ridgeland that are nice are ...

1. Lakeshore Landing
2. The Mark
3. Van Mark
4. Arbors at the Reservoir
5. Arbors at the Natchez Trace
6. Oakbrook Apartments
7. Park Place Apartments
8. Pear Orchard Apartments
9. Lexington Apartments
10. The Gables
11. The Trace Apartments

Northeast Jackson (zip code is 39211) is another great, diverse community, as well as Fondren & Belhaven. Some nice apartment complexes are ...

1. The Park at Moss Creek
2. Columns at Northtown
3. The Reserves of Jackson
4. Tracewood
5. Riverchase
6. Hallmark Gardens
7. Towne Hill Apartments
8. Fondren Hill
9. Vieux Carre Apartments

Flowood has a few apartment complexes, but they are a quiet a bit more pricier, than apartments in Ridgeland or Jackson, just FYI.

Hope this helps! All of the apartments I listed, are nice, clean, & safe.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,169 times
Thank u so much for such a quick reply. I will definitely look into those apartments u mentioned.
Thanks again!!

Old 08-19-2015, 11:28 PM

1,098 posts, read 3,109,702 times
For safety, you want Flowood along Lakeland Drive (everything there is very safe and straight shot to UMMC medical center, if that happens to be where you're working)...or Ridgeland, preferably north of Lake Harbor Drive.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:43 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,690,792 times
If an apartment complex listed "call for rates", I basically knew not to bother as they were going to be expensive and not have rates that I found acceptable .

Old 08-22-2015, 07:51 PM

57 posts, read 58,994 times
There is a good Hindu Temple in Brandon (173 Vernon Jones Rd, Brandon) see: htsm.org. Indians (Hindus) gather there during festivals and functions. You can start there.
Regarding Apt, pick a place within 10min driving distance to your place of work or where your children activities are the most. Places in Ridgeland, Lakeland drive (brandon or flowood) or Madison and some areas in Jackson and Clinton are safe.
Goodluck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson