Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 07:34 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,770,556 times

Advertisements

The demonstrators have a point. Then again, store owners probably have a reason...
http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/30183...enience-stores

Who's right? You decide!

In any event, I think that Muffin Top Man in the red teeshirt deserves an award, or a trophy, or a ribbon, or some sort of recognition, for his astonishing physique. Honorable mention goes to Raised Fist Dude in the Green Suburban.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 08:28 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,166,344 times
Good grief. Of all of the things to protest about in Jackson people choose this? Why would you even want to use a convenience store restroom? Why not go to a fast food restaurant, or better yet use the one at home! What a sad state of affairs that people don't have a more worthy cause then this to use their right to protest.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:52 PM

772 posts, read 999,915 times
I don't like how the group is race exclusive, Respect Our Black Dollars, as if Blacks are the only ones that pay taxes in Jackson. I do like however, how they protested the opening of a gas station in NE Jackson, run by the same corrupt businessman that ran that gas station at Bailey & Northside in west Jackson. I believe not long after the protests, the owner of the station that had leased it out to Desmond, had shut it down and forced him out.

But then after that, they went on to protest novelty items in gas stations ... So, they lost their credibility there, IMO.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:59 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,349,971 times
Have you ever been in a gas station bathroom and said "I love it in here!"

Me neither. So why do these idiots want so desperately to be in them?

Old 10-05-2015, 09:15 PM

4,503 posts, read 4,612,137 times
Stores all across the country don't have restrooms for the public and I can't say that I blame them. There's a convenience store down the street from where I live here in Austin that opened their restroom to the public and kids went in there grafittied it all up . So now the restrooms are closed to the public. It takes only 1 or 2 to ruin it for everybody.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Stores all across the country don't have restrooms for the public and I can't say that I blame them. There's a convenience store down the street from where I live here in Austin that opened their restroom to the public and kids went in there grafittied it all up . So now the restrooms are closed to the public. It takes only 1 or 2 to ruin it for everybody.
In Jacktown, the spray paint on the walls would be little circles left from individuals getting the flow started, so they could huff the paint fumes (I'm told that most of the trees in Canton have these mysterious little paint circles). They'd use the restrooms for cooking their meth, smoking meth in the little "novelty items" sold inside the store, injecting their heroin, washing-up between tricks, changing the baby (then stuffing the pampers down the 'mode), flushing hypodermics down the 'mode, turning tricks, passing-out on the floor while blocking the door, vomiting, bathing... And nobody would be cleaning up after themselves.

And who would be minding the store, while the restroom was being attended-to?

Too, there are probably liability issues associated with having your restroom used as a 'shooting gallery'. If somebody dies of an overdose in your restroom, you can bet the Deceased's family will try to sue. And if somebody gets dragged in there and raped (In Jacktown, that is hardly unlikely: Victim of Jackson gang rape sends warning to metro area women - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS ), you'd probably get sued for not providing adequate security, or a safe environment.

Essentially, if an area is accessible to the public, and not covered by a camera, then it's going to develop problems, fast.

On the bright side, Babette called to remind me that the spokesperson for this latest Cause du Jour looks just like Marge Simpson, with that great hat. Also, Enoch Sanders, the famous Stokes Supporter and Jackson Visionary (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG269iQPEa0), seems to be there in the video, too.

Having grown up poor and without a car, I can sympathize with the Jacksonians who can't find restrooms. It's a serious problem. So it's a pity that misbehavior results in restrooms' being unavailable.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:06 AM

27 posts, read 34,576 times
Hey Grandview, I'm glad there aren't ever any stupid protests in Portland, Oregon. And speaking of meth use, I think your state has a better hold on that corner. It (along with the State of Washington) is where the meth epidemic began.

For once, I have to agree with Madison2013. You don't live here. I won't go as far as to tell you to go away, but I have to wonder where you get all this free time. If I ever get that much free time, I won't use it on citydata.com to post about cities on the other side of the country.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:33 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,349,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckytown123 View Post
Hey Grandview, I'm glad there aren't ever any stupid protests in Portland, Oregon. And speaking of meth use, I think your state has a better hold on that corner. It (along with the State of Washington) is where the meth epidemic began.

For once, I have to agree with Madison2013. You don't live here. I won't go as far as to tell you to go away, but I have to wonder where you get all this free time. If I ever get that much free time, I won't use it on citydata.com to post about cities on the other side of the country.

It's a sad lonely person. Just ignore her. The admins don't care that she's doing this. Maybe they feel sorry for her.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison2013 View Post
It's a sad lonely person. Just ignore her. The admins don't care that she's doing this. Maybe they feel sorry for her.
That's me! Sad & Lonely... Just like Louis Prima here (I knew I'd heard that line before! he says it, starting around 0:43), in this recording from the greatest year in the history of Mankind, 1959 (best Cadillac, EVER): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-a8kLtJSJ4

Now, pardon me, while I climb into my Rapide, and, sobbing inconsolably, drive, slowly, along the Boulevard of Broken Dreams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNq_mIkb-wg

Old 10-07-2015, 08:22 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,386,902 times
Good god.

But then again, it's Jackson that's not the Northeast side (Unless it's spread to the NE). So, I'm not surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
View detailed profiles of: