U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2017, 06:53 PM

3,330 posts, read 4,606,837 times

Advertisements

There's got to be some kind of mistake. No way would a member of Judge LaRita Stokes' distinguished family be mixed-up in something like THIS: Jackson Jambalaya: Larita's brother arrested in murder plot.

Judge Stokes is a perennial favorite, among Jackson's community leaders. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_X-Uk6tZiA

Judge LaRita's husband, City Councilman Kenneth Stokes, made international news, regarding his novel plan for reaching-out to law enforcement in neighboring counties. Mississippi lawmaker tells people to throw rocks and bottles at cops | Daily Mail Online

I smell a setup. Surely, there's some "hoghead lyin' b------" who's behind this: Council Member Stokes calls Rankin County undersheriff 'hoghead, lying bastard'
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 09:48 PM

986 posts, read 1,039,189 times
I know one of the alleged perpetrators, he's a super nice guy and very pleasant, the last person one would expect of this type activity.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
I know one of the alleged perpetrators, he's a super nice guy and very pleasant, the last person one would expect of this type activity.
So, maybe someone (or a group of someones) arranged the murder, and also arranged for the Physician and the Guard to be the PATSIES? Actually, that would make more sense than the obviously badly-staged "accident scene".

And while the Jackson Metro's powerful are well-known for an enthusiastic willingness to kill or 'disappear' inconvenient people (or the loved ones of people they want to intimidate), such a plot is maybe a tad sophisticated for local thinking (then again, maybe not - now that I think back, just a bit). Are you suspecting a syndicate from out-of-state (or from another nation)?

Old 12-24-2017, 02:54 PM

986 posts, read 1,039,189 times
Setting up a doctor as a patsy is a stretch, although a 57-year-old doctor having to work the ER in Greenwood leads me to believe he was fairly far down the doctor totem pole. I assume the doctor and guard knew each other from UMC?

When it comes to crime in the 'Sip, it is not so much "what" as "where." White guy commits a crime in Holmes County, he's gonna pay. Same as a black guy in Rankin County. Why black criminals come from Hinds County (where it is catch and release) into Rankin to practice their craft, I have no idea. There are still plenty of - although dwindling - rich white potential victims in FNEJ!

Race drives much of what goes on in our fine state. This crime involves two black (one prominent) suspects in a predominantly black county. The victim is a black man who was retired from the navy. I can find no online mention of potential motives, although I have my suspicions. For whatever reason the MBI joined the investigation and made the arrests; however, the local DA will likely be responsible for the prosecution. This will be very interesting to watch, I'll wager the doctor either gets off or gets a light punishment.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:00 AM

Default Mystery FEMME FATALE of many names, added to list of suspects!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
Setting up a doctor as a patsy is a stretch, although a 57-year-old doctor having to work the ER in Greenwood leads me to believe he was fairly far down the doctor totem pole. I assume the doctor and guard knew each other from UMC?

When it comes to crime in the 'Sip, it is not so much "what" as "where." White guy commits a crime in Holmes County, he's gonna pay. Same as a black guy in Rankin County. Why black criminals come from Hinds County (where it is catch and release) into Rankin to practice their craft, I have no idea. There are still plenty of - although dwindling - rich white potential victims in FNEJ!

Race drives much of what goes on in our fine state. This crime involves two black (one prominent) suspects in a predominantly black county. The victim is a black man who was retired from the navy. I can find no online mention of potential motives, although I have my suspicions. For whatever reason the MBI joined the investigation and made the arrests; however, the local DA will likely be responsible for the prosecution. This will be very interesting to watch, I'll wager the doctor either gets off or gets a light punishment.

Race, indeed, drives much of what goes on in Mississippi. But never let it be said that only white people watched DYNASTY. An apparent femme fatale, a woman of many aliases, now slinks onto the stage of this murder mystery. My favorite among this mystery woman's aliases, is 'Diana Carrington' (maybe Crystal had a secret 'Love Child'...) At other times, the glamorous lady was known as 'Victoria Carrington'. Bond set at $3M for woman charged in Brandon man's slaying

Are you close enough to this unfolding drama, to give me a vague outline of the developing plot? Was Diana/Stephanie/Victoria the LURE? Was she the Perp? Were the two gentlemen covering for her? Or was she only one among several conspirators?

Was this a robbery 'gone wrong'? Was Crystal a woman wronged? Or, was it all just a big misunderstanding?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson