U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2022, 11:15 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,255,584 times

Advertisements

The golf course is designed by the renowned Robert Trent Jones II. The pedestrian bridge will connect the agricultural museum (as well the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame) to the Children's Museum on the other side on Lakeland Drive.

https://www.wlbt.com/2022/04/13/mill...efleurs-bluff/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2022, 01:50 PM

1,621 posts, read 1,512,224 times
Should be a good deal. I saw some golfers on Twitter saying that they should have given the money to other state park golf courses, but they don't realize it was part of a bigger plans for Jackson/LeFleur's Bluff, not specifically golf courses. It's not really about the golf, since it's just a 10-hole, Par-3 course.

On another note, I guess that ends speculation that the zoo will ever relocate there.

Old 04-13-2022, 02:05 PM

233 posts, read 390,356 times
I think this looks beautiful based on the renderings I've seen on Northside Sun. I really like the idea of the pedestrian bridge to connect the parks, and I liked that the illustration showed space for people to rest and talk on the bridge.

According to the Sun, they are getting roughly 2,000 more people a weekend with the addition of the new playground, which looks splendid. I hope this continues to make Lefleur's Bluff an attraction for the city.

Old 04-13-2022, 06:28 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,434,463 times
It was fun to dream, but I guess that puts a fork into moving the zoo to the golf course. Putting the zoo there would make so much sense and serve many more people. Of course Jxn and the state would have to work together, which will likely not happen any time soon.

Old 04-25-2022, 09:18 PM

365 posts, read 273,382 times
LeFleur's Museum District looks absolutely beautiful and the Fanye Cook Natural Area will be opening soon also. I'm assuming that the bike trails will connect those together, via Mayes Lake etc, and then go on up to the Reservoir and Natchez Trace. The spillway is set to be transformed into an expressway on the bottom and a bike and pedestrian walkway along the top. Adding those all together makes for a mighty impressive set of parks and trails inside the metro area from downtown up to the Trace.

With Fondren and Belhaven filling out, Capitol Street renovation being completed this year, and downtowns in Ridgeland, Madison, and Flora underway (plus Flowood's development), and with Clinton and Brandon's downtowns beginning to improve, there is lots to look forward to in the metro suddenly.

Old 04-28-2022, 06:50 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,434,463 times
I think tater vetoed this project: Jackson Jambalaya: Governor Vetoes Jackson Projects

Kingfish note: The Governor provided a list of some of the items vetoed.

* $1 million for a scenic river development for a golf course
* $250,000 for Briarwood Pool
* $500,000 to Greenville for green space around the federal courthouse
* $1 million to Pascagoula for renovation of city offices
* $1 million to build a parking lot at the Jackson Convention Center
* $50,000 to a Rise and Shine in Copiah County
* $13.2 million for golf course and other attractions at Lefleur's Bluff
* $2 million for Jackson planetarium

Old 04-29-2022, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
I think tater vetoed this project: Jackson Jambalaya: Governor Vetoes Jackson Projects

Kingfish note: The Governor provided a list of some of the items vetoed.

* $1 million for a scenic river development for a golf course
* $250,000 for Briarwood Pool
* $500,000 to Greenville for green space around the federal courthouse
* $1 million to Pascagoula for renovation of city offices
* $1 million to build a parking lot at the Jackson Convention Center
* $50,000 to a Rise and Shine in Copiah County
* $13.2 million for golf course and other attractions at Lefleur's Bluff
* $2 million for Jackson planetarium
What an evil, evil man. I thought governors were supposed to make their states better.

Old 04-29-2022, 06:34 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,255,584 times
What's the Rise and Shine in Copiah County?

Old 04-29-2022, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden eagles fan View Post
What's the Rise and Shine in Copiah County?
According to their website, https://www.ariseandshineagain.org/

"Arise and Shine, Inc. is a not for profit service organization whose mission is to effect positive outcomes in the family by addressing the varied, current critical dynamics of the family which diminish quality of life at all stages of human development. We accomplish this mission through the development and implementation of programs and services designed to mentally, physically and spiritually empower and aid humanity. We partner with local schools, service organizations, government agencies, businesses, churches and families as we seek to serve."

I swear some of our politicians want MS to stay at the bottom and continue to lose our best and brightest. One day I hope we get politicians who love the state as much as some of the current ones seem to hate it.

Old 04-29-2022, 07:52 AM

1,621 posts, read 1,512,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popquez87 View Post
What an evil, evil man. I thought governors were supposed to make their states better.
The 13.2M is an ARPA grant for Jackson, so hopefully they will still spend it on LeFleur's Bluff, even if it's without the golf course. Not sure of all the stipulations there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson