Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 08:06 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,889,371 times

Advertisements

Jackson Jambalaya: Recalled to Life

"The property where the old Meadowbrook McRae's stands may get a new lease on life. Dale Partners Architects announced a new mixed-use development will replace the abandoned department store. The firm announced on Facebook:

We are excited to announce Fondren’s newest high-end Lofts offering:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2022, 08:34 PM

235 posts, read 424,335 times
Those look beautiful. I hope this comes to fruition. Is this the same project that was announced earlier this year?

This is the same development that was announced earlier this year: https://www.northsidesun.com/local-c....RCFMrRwp.dpbs

I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited by Popquez87; 08-10-2022 at 08:48 PM..

Old 08-11-2022, 07:03 AM

2,501 posts, read 4,431,538 times
Jackson for some reason always does the opposite of "under promise and over deliver."

Why the grand press releases and dog and pony shows for construction that is far from guaranteed?

Old 08-11-2022, 12:44 PM

235 posts, read 424,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
Jackson for some reason always does the opposite of "under promise and over deliver."

Why the grand press releases and dog and pony shows for construction that is far from guaranteed?
Agreed, but I do hope this comes to fruition. This could be a major anchor for North Fondren and help further the reach of the Downtown, Belhaven, Midtown, downtown Fondren, North Fondren, Eastover shopping, dining and entertainment plex that Jackson is slowly building. This is the second project to try to redevelop that land that we know of, so I imagine someone is committed to the rebirth of Meadowbrook and North Fondren.

The WAPT story: https://www.wapt.com/article/jackson...ments/40849435 provides a little more information. It reports that the city is already working on a proposed walking trail and the Eubank creek flooding in the area. I imagine that the city is also committed to this development.

As always, time will tell.

Old 08-11-2022, 01:01 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,409,476 times
I live about a mile from here. I'll be happy to watch this progress.

Old 08-12-2022, 11:29 PM

577 posts, read 560,028 times
I'm undecided about that architecture. I'd like for them to plan it as if that entire Triangle Mart area will be transitioned into a little city within a city.

There are prettier apartments out there. I actually love the new Quarter apartments over on Lakeland. They have a nice roof which makes it vaguely reminiscent of a real building in England. The District at Eastover architecture is contemporary but quite elegant.

The original blue Fondren building, Art Deco style with French doors and Spanish-style balconies, is also terrific. These people could do better. With that said this is fabulous news. I've always thought that general location (over to Highland Village) is ideal for these kinds of infill developments because it's so close to everything including even Madison/Ridgeland area

Old 08-25-2022, 07:30 AM

Crews have started demolishing the old McRae's this week, even in all of the heavy rain.

Old 08-25-2022, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickpatio2018 View Post
I'm undecided about that architecture. I'd like for them to plan it as if that entire Triangle Mart area will be transitioned into a little city within a city.
This! A little revitalization is warranted. Also, how many hair and wig shops can you have in one area? Since the rents for the new apartments won't be cheap, you figure the people staying there will have higher incomes. I am hoping that will bring in more upscale businesses to the area.

Old 11-01-2023, 09:39 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,688,647 times
I don't live in the Jackson area anymore, so I can't go drive by and check on a project like this. However, I haven't heard anything about this project since late 2022. Is this project moving forward or is it in in-process? I'm just curious about the current status.

Old 11-02-2023, 02:26 PM

2,501 posts, read 4,431,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
I don't live in the Jackson area anymore, so I can't go drive by and check on a project like this. However, I haven't heard anything about this project since late 2022. Is this project moving forward or is it in in-process? I'm just curious about the current status.
Over promised and Under delivered. It's the Jackson way.

Nothing is happening at that location. Nothing will happen at that location any time soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson