U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 06:00 PM

5,981 posts, read 17,282,883 times

Advertisements

Interesting...I was raised in Jackson, and that's the way it has been for 40 years...1st Pres, then Prep. I guess great institutions never die. My sister attended both and was HEAVILY courted by colleges across the nation when she graduated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 06:04 PM

26 posts, read 111,095 times
Where did you go Sam I Am

Old 07-18-2008, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck hunter View Post
Where did you go Sam I Am
I was a public school child...Power Elem, Spann Elem, Chastain Jr. High, Callaway Sr. High!

Old 07-18-2008, 06:27 PM

441 posts, read 2,016,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Interesting...I was raised in Jackson, and that's the way it has been for 40 years...1st Pres, then Prep. I guess great institutions never die. My sister attended both and was HEAVILY courted by colleges across the nation when she graduated.
That's the way it works here in Mississippi. It's going to the right school and then the right college. I bet she has a fantastic job too. First Pres, Prep, and Ole Miss, if one decides to do business and make money in the Jackson Metro area.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBlue View Post
That's the way it works here in Mississippi. It's going to the right school and then the right college. I bet she has a fantastic job too. First Pres, Prep, and Ole Miss, if one decides to do business and make money in the Jackson Metro area.
Yep, only she was a State girl! Went to work for a Fortune 50 company and was immediately transferred out of MS. She fast tracked after that, but the local headhunters were all over her. Good to great student, but nothing daunting. Still, she does attribute much of her success to pre-college education - it surely opened the doors at colleges all over the nation, she just chose to stay in her home state for secondary education. Let it never be said education is everything, though...an accounting degree doesn't mean you can balance your checkbook (she's living proof of that), and she needs a dictionary to spell her own name...bless her heart... Maybe the school names helped more than we knew!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson