Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2008, 07:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,679 times

Advertisements

hello...due to a job relocation, my wife and 11 year old daughter will be moving to the Jackson area soon. We would like some feedback on the town of Gallman and the public and private schools there. Any feedback would be helpful. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 08:08 PM

114 posts, read 419,452 times
My gdaughter attended Copiah Academy for elementary education. It has been a long time ago, but I would still reccomend Copiah Academy over the public school system. Copiah Academy

Old 12-10-2008, 09:47 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,391,881 times
There are also other towns that are near, like Hazelhurst, Crystal Springs, Byram, and Terry that I would investigate as well. I'm not sure which of those are better than the others, but they're all worth taking a look at. If it were me and I were looking for a public school, I would lean towards Byram.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:51 AM

152 posts, read 525,461 times
As far as public schools go, if you want to move to Copiah county- their is the Copiah county school district and the Hazlehurst city district. The only school I would recommend is Wesson Attendance Center- I believe its K-12 and was rated a Level 4 (out of 5) in 2007.

The Copiah county system also has Crystal Springs, but I would stay away from that and the Hazlehurst city system has been taken over by the state I believe, so I would avoid that also. The schools in Byram or Terry are in the Hinds county school district and they would be good if you are in either of those towns. But Terry is further South than Byram so you would be closer to Gallman.

Another option would be to look south to Brookhaven or Lincoln county area. Their is the Brookhaven city school district which is OK, and the Lincoln county school district which has 4 smaller schools that are all K-12, and are pretty good schools.

http://orsap.mde.k12.ms.us:8080/MAAR...70&TestPanel=1

Old 12-11-2008, 06:38 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,391,881 times
I attended Wesson Attendance Center from grades 5-8, and it was an OK school. I do know that by moving to Clinton and attending public schools there, that my scores improved dramatically. There are good teachers and staff at Wesson, but the lack of funding seems to hinder the program... or at least when I was there in the early 90's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson