Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 08:23 PM

285 posts, read 606,127 times

Advertisements

Donisanasfan- Do you mean compared to Nocatee? Nocatee seemed much more "in the middle of nowhere" to us than Durbin Crossing & JCP. But I can see what the draw to Nocatee is, too, it's a beautiful area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 09:22 PM

530 posts, read 1,350,832 times
well, I am about a 7 minute drive to the beach. I can access 9a and 95 fairly quickly, I have no traffic issues what-so-ever. So no, I would say that we are much better geographically located then Durbin. Yes, Durbin sits closer to strip malls on 210 and is closer to JC shopping and San Jose. So from that stand point, you are closer to "stuff". It is just what kind of "stuff" do you want to be close to. I like being close to the beach, even though I rarely go. I used to live out that way, and it is simply a different feel out there. More of a "horse pasture " feel as opposed to a beach feel out this way. I actually think Durbin is a good value, it just isn't for me. One too many horse fly bites maybe helped me sour on that location as well....nasty damn bugs!

Old 05-10-2012, 09:25 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,497,944 times
When we lived in Bartram Springs, I got bit on the face by a deer fly. My face was swollen for a good 2 weeks.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:52 AM

301 posts, read 1,062,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donisanasfan View Post
all centrally located in the middle of no where
Durbin Crossing and NW St Johns county is very centrally located, it is not in the middle of nowhere. No, you arent within walking distance to malls, businesses, or shopping, but you are comfortably close to everything. You can take 9A to get to the St Johns Town Center in 25 minutes, or take San Jose to the Buckman to get into OP in 25 min, or even the St Augustine outlets in 15 min. You can get almost anywhere within 30 minutes... unless you work downtown like me, and it takes 45 minutes to an hour with traffic. It does take longer than 30 min to get to the Beach, but if we were beach people, then we would have bought at the beach.

I love living out here because its far enough out from congestion and madness, but close enough if I want to drive there.

Last edited by daisies76; 05-11-2012 at 10:00 AM..

Old 05-11-2012, 10:12 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,504,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisies76 View Post
but you are comfortably close to everything.
From your perspective you may be, from other peoples perspective that's the middle of nowhere! When your closer to farms than McDonalds, some think that's too far out.

Last edited by madcapmagishion; 05-11-2012 at 11:33 AM..

Old 05-11-2012, 11:06 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,503,582 times
JCP to Mickler's landing is roughly 20-30 minutes depending on how you catch the lights on Race Track. Evidently, it was much longer than that until they built Nocatee Parkway.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:46 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,504,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
JCP to Mickler's landing is roughly 20-30 minutes depending on how you catch the lights on Race Track. Evidently, it was much longer than that until they built Nocatee Parkway.
Actually using the "Old Palm Valley Rd" it took about the same amount of time, unless you got caught by the old draw bridge (being up) over the ICW.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:11 PM

If you make it in 20 minutes from JCP to Mickler's , you have qualified for the next nascar event.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbpiedra View Post
We are building in Durbin Crossing North. Larger lots than Nocatee and JCP but directly next to JCP. Great schools, nice amenities. We are heading down from Ohio this weekend to finalize the design with the builder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisies76 View Post
Durbin Crossing and NW St Johns county is very centrally located, it is not in the middle of nowhere. No, you arent within walking distance to malls, businesses, or shopping, but you are comfortably close to everything. You can take 9A to get to the St Johns Town Center in "25 minutes", or take San Jose to the Buckman to get into OP in" 25 min", or even the St Augustine outlets in 15 min. You can get almost anywhere within 30 minutes... unless you work downtown like me, and it takes "45 minutes" to an hour with traffic. It does take "longer than 30 min to get to the Beach", but if we were beach people, then we would have bought at the beach.

I love living out here because its far enough out from congestion and madness, but close enough if I want to drive there.
um...I think you have just proved my point.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:13 PM

301 posts, read 1,062,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
From your perspective you may be, from other peoples perspective that's the middle of nowhere! When your closer to farms than McDonalds, some think that's too far out.
Farms? hahaha, hardly!! We have quite a bit of civilization out here. I guess it all depends on what you consider close. I, personally, would rather live a little further out then live right in the heart of congestion, like Atlantic or Beach Blvd, San Jose, Blanding, even Fleming Island just because you have to go into some sort of congestion to get there. But we all have our personal preferences.

Yes I agree, going to Micklers Beach doesnt actually take long at all...

The only thing I complain about living out here is the drive to downtown. If you dont have a need to work or go downtown often, then its within 20-30 minutes to get just about anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville