Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:52 PM

285 posts, read 606,442 times

Advertisements

Don, what map are you using?!? The Publix WAY down on 210 is 3 miles further from Durbin North than the one on Racetrack. It's over twice as far.

Durbin Crossing borders Julington Creek Plantation on 2 sides, and borders Racetrack Rd as well. I'm pretty sure any reputable realtor in the area would tell you that Durbin Crossing is not a 210 community. Nocatee is closer to 210 than Durbin Crossing is!!!

Last edited by Shannon4426; 05-11-2012 at 09:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 05:45 AM

530 posts, read 1,351,422 times
the map I am using is pretty obscure and maybe inaccurate....it's called Google maps. I did it by starting at a home at the beginning of Durbin North ( not Durbin South - which is indisputably closer to 210 then Race Track , even on crazy maps like Google) and got directions to the Publix on 2750 Racetrack Rd and then directions to the 210 Publix, and surprise, surprise it is closer to the 210 Publix. Embrace your inner 210 and be comfortable with it. I know realtors may tell you something different- realtors will also tell you the moon is made of cheese if it will help them sell a home. So come on now, open up your front door and scream it out loud so everyone can hear " I am close to 210 and I am not ashamed!! You will find peace there my friend.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:20 AM

Ok, I am obviously not going to give you my address, but I will tell you this... I also took the time to route the distance on Google maps from my house in Durbin Crossing to each Publix. Distance to MY Publix in Julington Creek, 2.7 miles. Distance to 210 Publix, 5.4 miles. And that is the extent of the time I will put into debating this with you.

Exactly why you are so invested in making a fantastic community seem worse than it is, I'm not sure of. But it is a disservice to people who come here for information. I'm guessing it's because you moved to Nocatee in the middle of nowhere, and you're banking your home value on other people joining you, so you come on here to bash all other competing communities? Anyhow, like I said, this is the extent of my life I'm putting into an odd and pointless debate. I'm beat tired from a killer street party we had with 70+ neighbors and kids in our culdesac last night, and I have a ton if cleaning up to do. We hit the jackpot with our community and couldn't be happier. Best of luck to you!

Last edited by Shannon4426; 05-12-2012 at 06:28 AM..

Old 05-12-2012, 08:18 AM

You were the one who came on and said how centrally located Durbin was. I am simply pointing out the facts-if you want live in denial , whatever it takes to make you happy is fine with me. All you have to do is look at an arial view of the area to see that most of Durbin sits closer to 210, then to Racetrack. Yes, you are obviously on the northern most section, making your own personal address closer to that Publix then the 210. The one on 210 is actually a much better Publix as that goes, but that is irrelevant I suppose.( besides if you went there that might conflict with your denial and mental health experts will tell you that you cannot come out of your denial until you are ready-sometimes one is not ready for reality---so take baby steps and maybe just take a drive that direction until you see the sign for 210 and then safely return until you are ready to go further. Or you can stand on your roof and see 210 from there) I never said any other word about Durbin by they way. In-fact I said I liked it, for what it is....a community in the middle of no where, that sits equally between 210 and Racetrack. I think someone just has a bit of problem with reality, but like I said whatever it takes to make one happy is ok by me.

Last edited by donisanasfan; 05-12-2012 at 09:19 AM..

Old 05-12-2012, 08:30 AM

Google Maps

Old 05-12-2012, 08:35 AM

Oh and yes, there several horse pastures very close to you as well.......do ever actually leave your home...or is so crazy fantastic and so centrally located that there is never a need for that?

Old 05-13-2012, 11:28 AM

8 posts, read 37,499 times
I live on Woodfield Lane in Durbin Crossing. The publix on 210 is 2 miles from my house. The publix on racetrack is 3 miles from my house. it really depends where you live in Durbin. Either way they are both close to us.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:55 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,506,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donisanasfan View Post
If you make it in 20 minutes from JCP to Mickler's , you have qualified for the next nascar event.
It's fifteen miles, you catch the stop lights on race track, your there quickly since there is one light from US 1 to A1A

Old 05-13-2012, 01:26 PM

If you leave from your home, say you live in the nice part of JCP on Peppervive Ave, and you drive to the beach at mickler's , and you make it in 20 minutes, with out greatly exceeding the speed limits, I will give you $1,000. If you don't make it, you give me $1,000 dollars. Care to take me up on that? I'm guessing no.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donisanasfan View Post
You were the one who came on and said how centrally located Durbin was.
You have me confused with a different poster.

I am hesitant to post this, lest it continues this discussion any further. But I had to come back on and see if things had reached the "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" stage yet. I see it came close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville