Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 09:53 AM

102 posts, read 550,459 times

Advertisements

Well we are coming down to visit next weekend. Going to check out some rentals and finally decide on a neighborhood.

I also have an 'Interview' with a recruiter at some place called Montanas. Can't pass up free food. Not sure how I should dress up for that one. I know Full Suit and Tie for an Employeer, not sure about a recruiter though, especially when there is food involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 09:58 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,195,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroth View Post
Well we are coming down to visit next weekend. Going to check out some rentals and finally decide on a neighborhood.

I also have an 'Interview' with a recruiter at some place called Montanas. Can't pass up free food. Not sure how I should dress up for that one. I know Full Suit and Tie for an Employeer, not sure about a recruiter though, especially when there is food involved.
you can never go wrong being over dressed

Old 06-21-2007, 12:48 PM

567 posts, read 2,137,616 times
Absolutely dress as if it were an interview. The recruiter is going to be "selling" you to companies so you need to sell yourself to him. Otherwise, your recruiter's first piece of advice to you will be to "find some appropriate interview clothes."

Old 06-21-2007, 12:56 PM

Ugh... I was hoping for Business Casual.

Oh well one more thing to take with us. We are taking the 2 younger kids with us, so its going to be carseat city!!!!

Old 06-21-2007, 01:53 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,067,987 times
You could do a jacket and nice slacks with a tie.
instead of the "formal suit"
your driving down ??

karla

Old 06-21-2007, 02:47 PM

265 posts, read 992,322 times
First impression is the most important. You want to wow this recruiter. You want for them to remember you when they are selling their clients. Not just the person from Maryland but "The" person from Maryland. Good Luck and have fun while visiting.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:26 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,401,448 times
Quote:

Ted's Montana Grill?

I'd dress up - at least a jacket, button up shirt and tie (you can still wear khaki's with the jacket). Just wear swimming trunks under the khakis so you can kick them off right after the interview and dive into the ocean !

Old 06-21-2007, 08:50 PM

Riveree, I believe that is the place. It is over by Oakleaf (where my sister lives). Oh well, I guess I am going back to the store. Back in the OLD days, I had a ton of suits and jackets. But lost a TON of weight, and then companies no longer required me to wear them. Just picked up my nice new suit today... LOL It might be a bit overkill. Ack, might need new shoes too.. again.. I have the "Interview" shiny black shoes, they might be a bit much.

And alas, no Ocean or pool for me, we will be house hunting after the interview.

On a side note... generally how long does one have to wait to have Power, Cable, etc... turned on??

Old 06-21-2007, 10:12 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,401,448 times
Quote:
Riveree, I believe that is the place. It is over by Oakleaf (where my sister lives). Oh well, I guess I am going back to the store. Back in the OLD days, I had a ton of suits and jackets. But lost a TON of weight, and then companies no longer required me to wear them. Just picked up my nice new suit today... LOL It might be a bit overkill. Ack, might need new shoes too.. again.. I have the "Interview" shiny black shoes, they might be a bit much.

And alas, no Ocean or pool for me, we will be house hunting after the interview.

On a side note... generally how long does one have to wait to have Power, Cable, etc... turned on??
Yeah, I think there are 2 Ted's Montana Grills here - the one you're talking about (on Blanding?) and the one at the Saint Johns Town Center in Jax.

DSW is new to Jax (also in the SJTC) and they have a huge selection of shoes at really good prices...it's kind of a giant shoe warehouse...might want to check them out when you're here if you're stuck for shoes.

I think it's always better to dress really well for the interview, even for a business casual place - you'll stand out for the better. Plenty of time for business casual later.

One of the headlines on today's local paper was "Are flip flops okay for work?"

I say yes, flip flops are an all occassion shoe !

Electric & water is JEA: http://www.jea.com/

Cable is usually Comcast: http://www.comcast.com/

You'll probably want to call for details about turning power on...hopefully they have improved since the last time I had to do it.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:34 AM

Hmmm, is St Johns Town Center over by where the Blue Cross Blue Shield offices are? The name of this place sounds really familiar, we met some friends over there last summer, and I think it was St. Johns Town Center, and I think it might have been Teds.

I am hoping too, but then again that is why we are coming down next weekend, vs. trying to get something after we came down on the 10th, and THEN try to get stuff turned on and wait however long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville