Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2010, 10:52 PM

6 posts, read 22,875 times

Advertisements

I am going to start working as a Doctor at Wolfson Childrens Hospital from Jan 2011. As a single women, my biggest priority is to find a very safe community/housing which is not more than 20+ mins drive from Wolfson Childrens hospital. I need to stay closer to the hospital incase i get called for emergencies.

Any advise on locations. I have heard from some posts that San Jose or Mandrian are good communities but, I am not sure how far are they to the hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 05:56 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,278,262 times
San Marco (Miramar is considered San Marco now, too btw) is directly next to Wolfsons Children's Hospital is a desirbale place to live. Plenty of single women live here. 5 minute drive or better yet.........walk or bike :

As is Riverside & Avondale, which mirrors San Marco but on the other side of the river. Again, many of single women live here. 5-15 minute drive, depending on your exact location:

Or, if your looking for an upscale, high-rise kind of thing...I know a number of docs who stay in The Stand & The Penninsula (2 towers less than a mile from Wolfon's) and The Berkman Plaza (1 tower, otherside of the river, maybe 1 mile or so away)

Jacksonville Condos - The Peninsula - Jacksonville Condominiums

The Strand SouthBank, Jacksonville apartment, Florida, Jacksonville apartment, Jacksonville apartment for sale, apartment for rent, jax apartment, on the southbank

Berkman Plaza 2 On the St. Johns River (the berkman 2, mentioned on this site never got built, but they are identical)

Old 09-03-2010, 08:08 AM

310 posts, read 868,961 times
Welcome to Wolfson! Hopefully we'll never meet, but we have used the hospital several times for our children and have always loved the staff there. Our pediatrician has privileges there as well (Dr. Florangel Edralin--one of the most friendly, sweet doctors you'll ever meet).

IMO you should stay on the same side of the river as the hospital and if possible, avoid going too far down San Jose Blvd. because of the bad traffic. San Marco is beautiful and nearby, and we always enjoy our time there for lunch.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:27 AM

thanks for the info..i will look into it.
I am still torn if i want to live in a high rise or live in a gated community which has smaller condo and other amenities like swimming pools etc... honestly i have to also check the prices out and also another factor would be proximity to all the restaurants and grocery shopping centers...

Old 09-03-2010, 08:28 AM

Good to hear the kind words about your experience with Wolfman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: