Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 07:55 AM

77 posts, read 237,856 times

Advertisements

We've noticed more than a few times in the last month that our water pressure is drastically down in the mornings, between 6 and 7 AM. Do I start with JEA or my homebuilder for getting answers? We live in Nocatee--Austin Park. Anyone else experiencing problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 08:02 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,507,321 times
How long have you been in your place, if less than a month, check with the builder. If you have been there awhile and the problem is new call JEA.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:19 AM

Default UPDATE--contacted JEA

I submitted a ticket to them via the website, and received a call from someone I would describe as a serviceman. Basically he said that there is too much demand on water at that time, and the pressure goes up later in the day (Thanks Mr. Obvious!). I asked if JEA was doing anything to address this seeing how they are planning to build thousands more homes down here, and he said, not really just yet, and that the pressure would probably get worse before JEA can do anything about it. Finally I asked if he knew of who else I could contact regarding the issue at JEA. Response "No, I don't know anyone." Maybe JEA can convince my boss to let me come into work later when the pressure comes back enough for me to take a shower.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:32 AM

Seems to be a problem with new subdivisions and with the massive growth potential in Nocatee its only going to get worse. I thought Nocatee had its own pumping station?

Old 05-25-2011, 09:07 AM

According to the serviceman I spoke with, the pressure is controlled by the plant near Beach and Kernan. I guess my next steps are to let the PARC group know and email the Board of Directors at JEA.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:16 AM

615 posts, read 1,712,585 times
We were just talking about that this morning! (We're in Austin Park, too). It does seem to come and go, but I've never noticed the times. It's really annoying in the kitchen sink when you can't wash dishes!

Thanks for the update from JEA...I'm a little glad to hear it's not just us. The throught crossed my mind that we might have a leak somewhere, but I guess the supply/demand thing makes sense.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:09 PM

I was telling my wife about this thread while having dinner at Cantina Laredo tonight, and she said she remembered reading a couple of years ago about a big discussion about the water problems they were expecting in Nocatee as they were really having problems in Palencia when it was getting built out and Nocatee was just starting up. She said I probably didn't remember it because I was in the hospital at the time with my knees..again.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:11 PM

530 posts, read 1,351,218 times
No it is not just you. There have been times when my irrigation has run out of pressure and just stopped altogether. That is on reclaimed water managed by JEA. Some mornings I get up and barely get a trickle coming out of the filtered water in the fridge. Thank god my hair has thinned over the years or I would have trouble getting the shampoo out of my hair in the mornings. Good luck doing anything about it. JEA is ,of-coarse, a monopoly which means nothing will be done about it .

Old 05-25-2011, 08:41 PM

615 posts, read 1,712,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
I was telling my wife about this thread while having dinner at Cantina Laredo tonight, and she said she remembered reading a couple of years ago about a big discussion about the water problems they were expecting in Nocatee as they were really having problems in Palencia when it was getting built out and Nocatee was just starting up. She said I probably didn't remember it because I was in the hospital at the time with my knees..again.
Off topic, but how was your dinner at Cantina Laredo? I've been wanting to try it, but haven't had the chance. The prices seem a little steeper than a "regular" Mexican restaurant, but maybe you get what you pay for. Just wondering how you liked it.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlauburn View Post
Off topic, but how was your dinner at Cantina Laredo? I've been wanting to try it, but haven't had the chance. The prices seem a little steeper than a "regular" Mexican restaurant, but maybe you get what you pay for. Just wondering how you liked it.
Sent you a DM about Cantina Laredo, it was awesome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville