Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 12:12 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,118,418 times

Advertisements

It used to be that Northside/NW Jax were the crime headquarters of the city but now it's shifted to the Southside. True, the bulk of crime happens on the North and NW sides but Southside is a top contender. Not too long ago, some NW Jacksonville criminals came to the Southside robbing Southsiders left and right; that story made the news. It's not uncommon for Northside/NW Jax criminals to travel to other parts of the city to commit crimes, since JSO is supposedly cracking down on NW/Northside crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 05:59 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,564,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellenellenmarie View Post
I'm a life-long Jax resident and love many aspects of Jax. However, it seems like over the last few years the crime rate, both violent and non-violent crimes has risen to a near untolerable level. And it doesn't seem to be limited to low-income nieghborhoods and housing projects. My own solidly middle to upper class subdivision has several break-ins and robberies a week. Right now I fear for my family. How do others feel about the crime? Would you consider leaving?
Move where another metro with no crime? What metro is that. Crime is going to high when people have no money & nothing to do. The reasons and cirle of reasons are endless. Its best not to own nice things. I know thats gonna **** people off, but materialism is connected to crime. The less you have/own the less someone can steal from you. I dont own any of these crazy material thing because I would hurt to have it stolen or me being robbed of it. Some of you may want to superhero and shoot crooks up, eh be my guess. But really the more one owns the more security you need for that property. Best to invest inthings that cant be pawned or stolen. Home electronic, car electrics, jewelry its better to have less of these things unless you can REALLY afford to protect them.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Sometimes crime even turns out to be the victims doing something silly-to-stupid! Anything from talking to neighbors too much about something new that was just bought, not locking vehicles, leaving garage door open with no one inside to taking a walk in the middle of the night. Law enforcement keeps telling people, thru the media, "what and what not to do" concerning crime and many folks just plainly don't listen.
Crime is high all over the country, its easy for crooks to hide and/or blend in. People are way too trusting. You could be living next door to a crook.

I agree with above post, many of it is just bad habits. People leave things unlocked as a bad habit, not really because they want things stolen from them. Sad people cant go out at night because of crooks, should not be a timeline when one can leave his home.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:35 AM

8,940 posts, read 20,364,639 times
Don't think I'd go as far as saying that (in red below). There are small towns in Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota and probably other states that don't have high crime, or very little crime at all. As for me, I've lived in both the "metro" type areas and the small farming/ranch towns areas and know for FACT the difference in crime for both. I'm a former Indiana farmer turn suburbanite (and glad of it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Crime is high all over the country, its easy for crooks to hide and/or blend in. People are way too trusting. You could be living next door to a crook.

I agree with above post, many of it is just bad habits. People leave things unlocked as a bad habit, not really because they want things stolen from them. Sad people cant go out at night because of crooks, should not be a timeline when one can leave his home.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:45 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,275,804 times
I wouln't agree with Crime is high all over the country either.....................b/c crime all ove the country has been on a steady ecine since the early to mid 90's as well.

It's a national trend, not just a Jacksonville trend.

=)

Old 10-14-2010, 03:28 AM

Jacksonville like other places can be dangerous!

Old 10-14-2010, 07:22 AM

310 posts, read 868,704 times
Once again, it is just spreading out and can happen anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: