Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 07:25 AM

8 posts, read 20,616 times

Advertisements

So I'm brand new to this forum. I have lived in some exciting cities but my boyfriend had a nice job offer so we ended up here in Jacksonville. I have no issues writing how dull Jacksonville can be(Inotice people get all red in the face). Also dangerous in my little Riverside area as a woman was attacked recently. Who cares if someone finds the place dull, boring and dead BUT lets improve it. I think a small theatre would be awesome!!!! Jenniferashley, you don't need to defend why you think Jacksonville is not the greatest place. I won't. I say go for with opening your theater. I think Riverside needs one BAD. It will fit right in and we will welcome it with open arms. I need something like that. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 02:40 AM

No, I'm my own person. I can write what I like. I spoke to numerous people here and not all share thoughts. It gets alittle scary when you expect someone to like the same things. Sorry, Now my boyfriend are trying but I don't care.

Old 10-31-2010, 02:27 PM

I can say what I want plus you don't know my story. Who cares. It's called having my own opinion and free to it. I didnt trash this city but had my opinon. My god, you would think everyone loved Jacksonville and sang in harmony. I asked for suggestions but it's my boyfriend who is miserable and bored. I'm trying to find things but he's from Boston so it will take time. Who said I didn't live here. I DO. I welcome all opinion's. Love it, in fact!!!!!!!

Old 10-31-2010, 07:26 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springdance View Post
No, I'm my own person. I can write what I like. I spoke to numerous people here and not all share thoughts. It gets alittle scary when you expect someone to like the same things. Sorry, Now my boyfriend are trying but I don't care.
Hold on sister....You are your own person? How does that work? You can write what you like? We all can lol. Liking the the same things leads to horror? Can you explain this in detail please? If you dont care why are you making defensive post? Are you interested in what the OP has to say? Whats your opinion on Credit Card fraud? Thanks for replying.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:34 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springdance View Post
I can say what I want plus you don't know my story. Who cares. It's called having my own opinion and free to it. I didnt trash this city but had my opinon. My god, you would think everyone loved Jacksonville and sang in harmony. I asked for suggestions but it's my boyfriend who is miserable and bored. I'm trying to find things but he's from Boston so it will take time. Who said I didn't live here. I DO. I welcome all opinion's. Love it, in fact!!!!!!!
Springdance, dont play yourself little girl. We know who you REALLY are. Cmon now. Hey I hate Jax & the dirt at the bottom of the St Johns. Do you really have a job?

Old 10-31-2010, 09:30 PM

238 posts, read 888,070 times
Just for the record Northside...I never trash Jacksonville. I love it here....have always been the poster child for this city and all it has to offer and every one of my posts here for the past two years has been positive. I do remember how jenniferashley99 went on and on this past year about how much she hated it here (the comments were so bad they were definitely memorable), so was very surprised to see her back. IN any case, I wish her luck with her endeavor to create a theater.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:19 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyinJAX View Post
Just for the record Northside...I never trash Jacksonville. I love it here....have always been the poster child for this city and all it has to offer and every one of my posts here for the past two years has been positive. I do remember how jenniferashley99 went on and on this past year about how much she hated it here (the comments were so bad they were definitely memorable), so was very surprised to see her back. IN any case, I wish her luck with her endeavor to create a theater.
My apologies mama, sorry for the confusion I'm just sick of these lames coming on here saying how much they hate Jacksonville. If you hate Jax so much, no one's forcing you to live or stay here and you're more than welcome to hop on I-95 North or South and leave, you won't be missed. It's ridiculous to me that someone moves here expecting Jax to be like where they once lived, then get mad when it's not what they expected.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:27 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,989,061 times
Getting back to the original reason for this thread ....

Theater can be an arduous endeavor, but certainly not an impossible one, and I truly believe there's enough interest in this area for it to succeed. Locations viable - Avondale, Five Points, Riverside, San Marco, Springfield - any of those I think. But of the list, I'd investigate Springfield. I don't know what truly happened to 9th & Main, perhaps all the construction on Main St. didn't help, but they hosted Mad Cow Improv and those evenings were well attended ... which shows that there is interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville