Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 11:27 PM

310 posts, read 868,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridabirdlover View Post
As a mother the thought of criminals in my neighborhood really bothers me. The lack of police presence in this community also concerns me. The reason for my post was to make residents aware so that we can watch out for things like this.
When you don't lock your doors you are inviting someone else to take your stuff. Lock your doors, problem solved. If it makes you feel any better put in a motion-sensor light and get a great big dog.

BTW, I'm a mother with four children and we've lived here since 2001. Residents have been aware of this for years and it's not seemed any worse now than when we first moved in. Just because you're in a new development doesn't mean you get a crime-free zone. Cops aren't going to patrol unless there's a pattern of cars being hit.

Your kids will be safe, and if you doubt that check your local crime statistics for facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 12:25 AM

33 posts, read 86,793 times
Wow, I hope you get your groceries delivered! I would hate for you to venture into where the common folks and criminals roam free.

So a GPS unit got stolen from an unlocked car and you escalate that to harm coming on your family? Being that Nocatee is pretty much out in the middle of nowhere and not built out yet, I would think that is where the criminals are going to migrate to. Easy pickings.

I lived in a gated community that was awesome, I came home at 7:00am one morning (I work nights) and missed being the target of an armed robbery. At 7:07am someone followed my neighbor into his garage (as they pulled in) and held her at gun point until she gave him everything. This was a gated community with an active vehicle patrol. Moral of the story...it happens EVERYWHERE. Being in an uppper end development in the middle of nowhere doesn't exclude you from anything. Just makes their drive longer.

~Springfield Resident~

Old 12-12-2010, 05:17 AM

5,181 posts, read 6,136,412 times
This happened last year in my neighborhood. The GPS in the windshields along with a lot of people leaving their IPODS and MP3 players in the cars was an easy target for the kids. Some of the cars were not even locked.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:08 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,890,186 times
Quote:
As a mother the thought of criminals in my neighborhood really bothers me. The lack of police presence in this community also concerns me. The reason for my post was to make residents aware so that we can watch out for things like this.
"You better hide your kids...hide your wife....and hide your husband too... Cause they stealin' everthing in Nocatee."

Old 12-12-2010, 08:27 AM

615 posts, read 1,712,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippimagnolia View Post
"You better hide your kids...hide your wife....and hide your husband too... Cause they stealin' everthing in Nocatee."
"We gon' find you, so you can run tell that...homeboy!"

"

Old 12-12-2010, 08:31 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,890,186 times
Glad somebody got that, hlauburn!

Old 12-12-2010, 12:51 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times
^^^That was hilarious!

Old 12-12-2010, 03:14 PM

810 posts, read 1,578,712 times
OP I understand your valid concern cause the same thing happend to my cousin in Nocatee, it will escalate for sure. the next incidents will be(in this order)

*breaking your cars window to get your new GPS
*Stealing a bicycle, your mail or some tool from your yard or maibox
*A home burglary
*A home invasion so you can give them the contents of your safe deposit box
*Arson, just for fun
*Then they will go for your husband and he will divorce you
*After that you will lose everything, since Keisha, Peggy Sue or Rosa is gonna be raising your kids
*Yes everything will be lost

Old 12-12-2010, 03:19 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,194 times
Quote:
Drover: First of all I'm not a man. Second of all I think that my concerns are valid. If crime is allowed to happen in this neighborhood and criminals get away with it then what message does that send? Do you think that the person who stole the GPS is an upstanding individual who just happened to need a GPS?
Go get a gun then and take matters into your own hands. Just remember, an armed society is a polite society.

Its not a matter of whether or not 'crime is allowed to happen'. That's like saying "rape is allowed to happen!!! WHATS NEXT OMMGSZ?!" It happened, it sucks, it's been reported. If you called the police, I'm not sure what else you expect to happen. Just keep an eye out and spread the word to your neighbors.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:21 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippimagnolia View Post
THANKS now I have that stupid song in my head..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville